Curl Activator?????

stoshgirl

I've been hearing alot of things about using a curl activator. What i wanted to know was: Can i use curl activator to tame my new growth until my next relaxer?? Will it break the relaxed part of my hair? Just wondering, cause my new growth (or grips as i call them) can get really hard to comb and outta control.

lillian743

I dont think it will break off your relaxed hair off, But I've never heard of anyone useing curl activator to tame their new growth, are you just trying to have all of your hair curly? Maybe you should try a braid out so your natural hair can mix with your relaxed hair..

tiffy

I know a lot of people I have heard do this and I am one of them I am using scurl it makes my new growth and hair soft and more manageable

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I use S-curl but not to tame newgrowth. I use it to moisturize my relaxed hair when I am wearing protective styles. I won't break off your new growth. I am sure it will help keep it moisturized.

alliyah4eva203

when my hair was all natural i use to use the soft and free curl activator lotion. it was the best. it made my hair so soft but i'm not sure about using it on two contrasting textures.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
when my hair was all natural i use to use the soft and free curl activator lotion. it was the best. it made my hair so soft but i'm not sure about using it on two contrasting textures.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. The s-curl is very moisturizing and will help soften the newgrowth so the hair is going to be more manageable.

I guess in a sense, I was using it to help make my newgrowth softer cause I was using it on a daily basis. I havent' had any problems with it.

stoshgirl

thanks everyone u have really cleared everything up for me. I think ill try it. What type of activator do you suggest??

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
These are the common ones on the board: S-curl, CareFree Curl Gold and Sta Sof Fro

My fav is the S-curl because it smells the best!

keylargo

I'm relaxed and am a big user of curl activator. It actually keeps my hair from breaking off when I'm between touchups because it makes the newgrowth soft and moisturized. I got the tip from adrienne a while ago. She likes world of curls activator gel. I like carefree curl gold and worlds of curls activator. you can only use it when wearing protective styles however.

adrienne0914

yep, World of Curls gel is my favorite. i mix it with Fantasia IC gel in a separate container. the combination helps to keep my flyaways in place.

i used to be in love with S-Curl spray, but my hair needs something heavier now. so that's why i made the switch.

as long as glycerine is at the top of the ingredient list, they're all about the same. so i really decide based on consistency and smell.

LABETT

I just started using Sta So Fro and loving it my hair is really moisturized and it makes my newgrowth soft.