Donnie's curl activator

DahomeyAhosi

Donnie\'s curl activator

FYI I was looking for a cheaper curl activator (I usually use s-curl) and stumbled across this one. I remember using this when I had an actual curl ages ago. It is very moisturizing and softened my hair soooo much. I may be replacing s-curl for good especially since it's much cheaper.

Allandra

Re: Donnie\'s curl activator

Does this one work better for you then S-Curl? I've never heard of Donnie's Curl Activator. Where did you purchase it? Are the ingredients similiar to S-Curl?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Sing with me-- "Donnie's Super Currrrrrrl" /images/graemlins/grin.gif Those commercials used to crack me up!

What does Donnie's smell like? I recently switched from S Curl to Hawaiian Silky No Drip Miracle Worker because it smells like strawberries. But Donnie's is about $1 cheaper than HS... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Allandra

Sassygirl,

I should have know you would know something about Donnie's curl activator. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
Sing with me-- "Donnie's Super Currrrrrrl" /images/graemlins/grin.gif Those commercials used to crack me up!

What does Donnie's smell like? I recently switched from S Curl to Hawaiian Silky No Drip Miracle Worker because it smells like strawberries. But Donnie's is about $1 cheaper than HS... /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that sounds like something I'd want.. smelling like strawberries!! YUMMY!! Where do you get it from?

Thanks!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Hawaiian Silky products are available at almost every bss. They are usually covered in dust and grime because no one uses them anymore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
Hawaiian Silky products are available at almost every bss. They are usually covered in dust and grime because no one uses them anymore. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there anywhere to get it online? I don't have a BSS..

Chyna Red

lol they sure are Sassy!! At my BSS you have to pick it up and blow the dust off. Rushgirl..If you are in Illinois all you have to do is go into practically any neighborhood to find a BSS <Beauty Supply Store>

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
lol they sure are Sassy!! At my BSS you have to pick it up and blow the dust off. Rushgirl..If you are in Illinois all you have to do is go into practically any neighborhood to find a BSS <Beauty Supply Store>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yah, Chaya said that they are on the South Side.. I'll have to go to one that she told me about.. I don't have any near me.. I was suppose to call those Surge people to find out what store sold it.. there was a store that they gave me the number to that some Asian dude answered the phone..maybe they would have it there.. I just keep forgetting to call..lol

Thanks girl!!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yah, Chaya said that they are on the South Side.. I'll have to go to one that she told me about.. I don't have any near me.. I was suppose to call those Surge people to find out what store sold it.. there was a store that they gave me the number to that some Asian dude answered the phone..maybe they would have it there.. I just keep forgetting to call..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they have it Chatham on 95th and Stony?

IrisDaVirus

I've had good results with Donnie's activator in the past. Now it's getting a little hard to find in my area. Whenever I run across it, it's usually one of the less expensive activators in the BSS. The lady who maintains my friend's locs says this is one of her personal favorites for freeform natural and/or texturized hair.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the surge people I just misplaced the sheet of paper I wrote it down on..lol duh..but there was one called Chatham Beauty Supply or something like that one the 1600 block of Cicero.. he said that they carried all of their stuff.. Surge stuff..so I will check that place out in the next couple of weeks..

That place you mentioned at 95th and Stony might have been one of the places that Chaya mentioned that has alot of stuff..

DahomeyAhosi

Hey yes to me Donnie's is better. It is more runny but a better moisturizer for the short period of time I've been using it. Also it's much cheaper which helps a lot. I wish I had time to list the ingredients....they are very similar.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the surge people I just misplaced the sheet of paper I wrote it down on..lol duh..but there was one called Chatham Beauty Supply or something like that one the 1600 block of Cicero.. he said that they carried all of their stuff.. Surge stuff..so I will check that place out in the next couple of weeks..

That place you mentioned at 95th and Stony might have been one of the places that Chaya mentioned that has alot of stuff..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay. I might just stick to 95th & Stony. Cicero is too far for me and I hate the traffic out there. But thanks for the heads up.