My first pony tail attempt since my BC

Ronda123

on 05-22-05. I washed, conditioned and applied Fantasia IC Gel. My hair is still short...gel is a wonderful thing!

Album link and password in profile.

lovelymissyoli

That's some fast growth for 4 months!! I love your texturizer. Do you do it yourself every time? It's so neatly done. I don't see any straight parts!

Ronda123

lovelymissyoli said:
That's some fast growth for 4 months!! I love your texturizer. Do you do it yourself every time? It's so neatly done. I don't see any straight parts!

Thank you ladies!

Yes, I do texturize myself. I do strand tests to determine desired curl pattern (I have two different textures, 3c in front and 4a in back). I currently use Designer Touch Texturizer.

Last edited:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Go ahead Ronda!! Congrats!!:yay: You hair grew really fast and it looks great. I think we might be hair twins:scratchch:yep:. Since the last time I texturized, my hair can now go into a ponytail but with a little tenny weeny amount of hair hanging out. :Clown:I can't wait to have more length. But I am still grateful and glad that I am making progress.:woot:

Ronda123

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Go ahead Ronda!! Congrats!!:yay: You hair grew really fast and it looks great. I think we might be hair twins:scratchch:yep:. Since the last time I texturized, my hair can now go into a ponytail but with a little tenny weeny amount of hair hanging out. :Clown:I can't wait to have more length. But I am still grateful and glad that I am making progress.:woot:

Thanks ClassyEbony! I still need gel to help secure the ponytail but I have made progress since the BC. I checked your album out and you are making progress as well. I love that color you have in your hair pics. You are right we might be hair twins...we can track our hair growth together.

Happy hair growing!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ronda123 said:
Thanks ClassyEbony! I still need gel to help secure the ponytail but I have made progress since the BC. I checked your album out and you are making progress as well. I love that color you have in your hair pics. You are right we might be hair twins...we can track our hair growth together.

Happy hair growing!

Your very welcome!!:D Don't worry soon you will not have to use any gel to secure the ponytail.:lol: Thanks for checking my album I did make some prgress but I had a major set back from coloring my hair. Girl I almost did the BC again I was that frustrated with my hair. At first I decided to add a rinse to my hair but it was still too dark for me so I went ahead and messed with the color (Textures and Tones cherrywood and Flaming desire with honey blonde streaks/highlights). After I applied the color then I decided to use Sebastian rinse in liquid amber to seal the color in and that ish turned my hair jet black and my roots were orange. :eek::eek::mad::mad: Big mistake!!:nono: Never again will I use anything from Sebastain Colourshine.
I wanted to scream really loud.

So I did a search on here to try to find out how I could remove the Sebastian rinse and I saw Tracys thread about using Clairol Professional Metalex to remove unwated color. The next day I ran to the store to purchase it and applied it to my hair ASAP. After I was finished it got rid of most of the rinse but my hair was looking so ugly and brassy I decided to color my hair again using only Textures and Tones cherrywood and my hair was back to normal but suffered tremendously. It got very thin and my hair was breaking like crazy so I started trimming and cutting and I ended up removing probably more than an inch on the ends. :( Anyway, it was also time for my touchup too so I was very scared to texturize my hair after all the trauma that my hair had experienced but I still went ahead and texturized my hair because I thought that was another reason why it was breaking too. So after I texturized my hair, it was somewhat back to normal and the color actually looks better now. I feel so much better now because I thought I would have to start all over again and I was just not having that after all the hard work I had put into my hair.

Anyway enough of my horror story. It's actually nice to find someone that has the same kind of hair like myself and I am looking forward to tracking our progress together.

Last edited:

Ronda123

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Your very welcome!!:D Don't worry soon you will not have to use any gel to secure the ponytail.:lol: Thanks for checking my album I did make some prgress but I had a major set back from coloring my hair. Girl I almost did the BC again I was that frustrated with my hair. At first I decided to add a rinse to my hair but it was still too dark for me so I went ahead and messed with the color (Textures and Tones cherrywood and Flaming desire with honey blonde streaks/highlights). After I applied the color then I decided to use Sebastian rinse in liquid amber to seal the color in and that ish turned my hair jet black and my roots were orange. :eek::eek::mad::mad: Big mistake!!:nono: Never again will I use anything from Sebastain Colourshine.
I wanted to scream really loud.

So I did a search on here to try to find out how I could remove the Sebastian rinse and I saw Tracys thread about using Clairol Professional Metalex to remove unwated color. The next day I ran to the store to purchase it and applied it to my hair ASAP. After I was finished it got rid of most of the rinse but my hair was looking so ugly and brassy I decided to color my hair again using only Textures and Tones cherrywood and my hair was back to normal but suffered tremendously. It got very thin and my hair was breaking like crazy so I started trimming and cutting and I ended up removing probably more than an inch on the ends. :( Anyway, it was also time for my touchup too so I was very scared to texturize my hair after all the trauma that my hair had experienced but I still went ahead and texturized my hair because I thought that was another reason why it was breaking too. So after I texturized my hair, it was somewhat back to normal and the color actually looks better now. I feel so much better now because I thought I would have to start all over again and I was just not having that after all the hard work I had put into my hair.

Anyway enough of my horror story. It's actually nice to find someone that has the same kind of hair like myself and I am looking forward to tracking our progress together.

I'm glad you did not have to start all over again. I can relate to your color horror story, I have also experience this before. I found that if my highlights become to brassy, I use a semi-permanent (Natural Instincts) in an ash brown to tone down the color (this has worked well). If I color my entire head, I usually use a rinse or a semi-permanent (Natural Instincts) only. How do you like textures and tones? I have wanted to try this for my highlights. TIA

Last edited:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ronda123 said:
I'm glad you did not have to start all over again. I can relate to your color horror story, I have also experience this before. I found that if my highlights become to brassy, I use a semi-permanent (Natural Instincts) in an ash brown to tone down the color (this has worked well). If I color my entire head, I usually use a rinse or a semi-permanent (Natural Instincts) only. How do you like textures and tones? I have wanted to try this for my highlights. TIA

I am so glad myself because I wanted to just cry. :( Anyway thanks for the helpful tips. I really love the Textures and Tones because it very gentle on the hair due to the fact that it doesn't contain ammonia and hydrogen peroxide which can cause major damage to your hair. It is actually manufactured my Clairol as well but I think it is marketed for people of ethnic background.

I had also used this for highlighting as well before I colored my entire hair but timing is very important because the higlights were not as drastic as when I had used the African Pride kit so I guess if you leave on the Clairols Textures nad Tones for more than the suggested time then you will experience better results but be careful not to cause any chemical damage to your hair. I suggest that you do a strand test before you do the highlights. I did mine using a plastic highlighting cap and pull through the strands that I wanted to highlight. Just be extremely careful we can;t afford for you to have any setbacks right now:look:. Good luck hair buddy!!;)

Ronda123

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:

I am so glad myself because I wanted to just cry. :( Anyway thanks for the helpful tips. I really love the Textures and Tones because it very gentle on the hair due to the fact that it doesn't contain ammonia and hydrogen peroxide which can cause major damage to your hair. It is actually manufactured my Clairol as well but I think it is marketed for people of ethnic background.

I had also used this for highlighting as well before I colored my entire hair but timing is very important because the higlights were not as drastic as when I had used the African Pride kit so I guess if you leave on the Clairols Textures nad Tones for more than the suggested time then you will experience better results but be careful not to cause any chemical damage to your hair. I suggest that you do a strand test before you do the highlights. I did mine using a plastic highlighting cap and pull through the strands that I wanted to highlight. Just be extremely careful we can;t afford for you to have any setbacks right now:look:. Good luck hair buddy!!;)

I will definitely be careful and I will be sure to do a strand test. :yep: I don't plan on highlighting again until next summer. I usually only highlight my hair once a year (during the summer). How did you like the African Pride Kit? TIA

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ronda123 said:
I will definitely be careful and I will be sure to do a strand test. :yep: I don't plan on highlighting again until next summer. I usually only highlight my hair once a year (during the summer). How did you like the African Pride Kit? TIA

:) Well it's nice to know that you will not be highlighting your hair anytime soon until next summer so I guess by that time you will have everything down pat to a T:grin:.As for the African Pride kit, I had used this a long time ago actually years ago and I did like the results (nice color) but because of the harsh ingredients in it (ammonia, hydrogen peroxide) and also because I didn't know much about caring for my hair I did experience major breakage. Oh boy!!! That's why I love this forum. It opens your eyes to alot of wonderful things.:yep::fan: