My Ends ARE Straw Dry~

MissMeWithThatIsh

My HAIRS ARE Straw Dry~

I just straightened my hair. I prepooed with Organics Hair Mayo and Queene Helene Cholesterol overnight. (Protein right?)

Then I shampooed with CON (green bottle)

DC'd for 2.5 hours with Pantene Hair Mask and castor Oil.
Rinsed with Pantene Ice Shine

And used CHI Silk Infusion to BD and Flatiron.

My hair somewhat feels like straw.

Granted I will be braiding this... I just wanted to see the length!!! (It's growing, but I obviously need a trim).

Can anyone give advice or tips.? :sad:

I'm thinking I might have left my treatments in too long AND I need a trim.

Attachments

• IMG00068.jpg
    IMG00068.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG00059.jpg
    IMG00059.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG00064.jpg
    IMG00064.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

newflowers

Looks like great progress. When my ends were like this, my big sis recommended a trim - worked like a charm, and I haven't had a problem since, but I do put castor oil on my ends when I put my hair up too.

HoneyDew

Did you use a moisturizing leave in before apply the CHI Silk Infusion?

I know some people don't need that step, but without it my hair would be SUPER dry.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Hey LaurynDoll!:grin: From what you wrote, it could either be product overload or too much heat. Also, co signing w/ HoneyDew about the leave-in. Normally when I flat iron, I don't use a blow dryer and if I do it's just on the roots.

ajoyfuljoy

not sure what advice I can give. All I know is that before I cut off my way seriously damaged hair, it didn't matter what I did to it, it felt like straw most of the time.

Kissing the ends goodbye might be all you need to do.

Tee

Have you tried the baggy method yet? Sounds like your hair need some extra TLC. (a trim wouldn't hurt either.)

If baggying is not for you, make sure you use a leave in conditioner.

gymfreak336

Hey LaurynDoll!:grin: From what you wrote, it could either be product overload or too much heat. Also, co signing w/ HoneyDew about the leave-in. Normally when I flat iron, I don't use a blow dryer and if I do it's just on the roots.

I think that is it.

Your pre-poo conditioners where good but they both can leave residue which CON would probably not have been able to remove enough of it to justify using a conditioner afterwards. Then the d/c with the pantene mask was cool but using the Ice shine as a rinse just added more silicone than you probably needed with the prepoo with the cholesterols.

MissMeWithThatIsh

Thank you newflowers... it has grown about 2 inches since I've cut it... twice. I serioualy will consider a trim. I'm wigging it up right now anyway, so it's no biggie to me!

HoneyDew... No I didn't. Can you recommend one that works?

qtslim ... That could be it too... but it's the same when I flatiron damp only. My hair reverts to almost natural texture when it's wet (the texturizer didn't process for long at all)... so I figured a blowdry would assist me. What would you recommend? BD or airdry and flatiron?

BTW straightening is not a daily or regular thing for me... lol.

ajoyfuljoy...you may be right. It's a little better now... maybe a little moisture will help it. These ends are overprocessed remnants of bad Motions perms from 06! I feel the difference with them all the time. Again yea a trim might be the answer!

MissMeWithThatIsh

letitia... I haven't baggied, but I do need to find a good leave in. I'm open to recommendations! :)

gymfreak, you might be on to something. Product overload was possibly going to happen from the onset. I have to tweak my reggie.

And I didn't realize Pantene had 'cones in Ice Shine. I need to learn product labels a little more!

HoneyDew

HoneyDew... No I didn't. Can you recommend one that works?

Sure! There are soooo many that I hear about. Many ladies like Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I also hear that Pantene Detangler is a nice liquid leave in. I think Pantene has several nice ones. I am not sure they still make the comb in creams, but those are nice, too.

I personally use Fermodyl 619 topped with Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler.

gymfreak336

letitia... I haven't baggied, but I do need to find a good leave in. I'm open to recommendations! :)

gymfreak, you might be on to something. Product overload was possibly going to happen from the onset. I have to tweak my reggie.

And I didn't realize Pantene had 'cones in Ice Shine. I need to learn product labels a little more!

It has cones which makes it good for me when I have tangles but I usually condition with something relativly cone free if I know I will be using a cone rich conditioner as rinse afterwards.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Re: My HAIRS ARE Straw Dry~

I just straightened my hair. I prepooed with Organics Hair Mayo and Queene Helene Cholesterol overnight. (Protein right?)

Then I shampooed with CON (green bottle)

DC'd for 2.5 hours with Pantene Hair Mask and castor Oil.
Rinsed with Pantene Ice Shine

And used CHI Silk Infusion to BD and Flatiron.

My hair somewhat feels like straw.

Granted I will be braiding this... I just wanted to see the length!!! (It's growing, but I obviously need a trim).

Can anyone give advice or tips.? :sad:

I'm thinking I might have left my treatments in too long AND I need a trim.

Glycerine diluted in water and JBCO will take care of that for you real quick.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
qtslim ... That could be it too... but it's the same when I flatiron damp only. My hair reverts to almost natural texture when it's wet (the texturizer didn't process for long at all)... so I figured a blowdry would assist me. What would you recommend? BD or airdry and flatiron?

Oh, I didn't know you were texlaxed. Do you use a heat protectant before blowdrying? You can also try rollersetting to get your ends straight.

Tee

Sure! There are soooo many that I hear about. Many ladies like Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I also hear that Pantene Detangler is a nice liquid leave in. I think Pantene has several nice ones. I am not sure they still make the comb in creams, but those are nice, too.

I personally use Fermodyl 619 topped with Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler.

I love the Fermodyl 619 also. Giovanni Direct is great. Garnier and Sunsilk has some really good ones.