PLEASE HELP! I'm 13 weeks post and my hair feels like straw and is starting to dread!

kbragg

Hey ladies, I'm still transitioning and getting great growth thanks to Naturallady, but now I have a new problem. My relaxed ends feel like straw no matter what I do. The same products aren't working anymore and my 3-4 inches of 4a natural hair in the front/middle is starting the dread. I need a good conditioner and moisturizer with MEGA SLIP ASAP!:( Right now the only thing working is the pantene relaxed and natural. I may end up just going back to that line, unless there's something better. I've tried Aubey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and my hair just laughs at it now. NTM, nothing, Garnier, nothing, s curl, nothing!:eek: Please help me save my hair!:confused:

P

patient1

I feel like I"m stalking you around the forum (was just on the Master Cleanse thread).

You know, some folks can stretch for a long time without the hair knitting. I don't know your texture, but it sounds like it needs a good rich deep conditioning.

I say wash your hair and clarify it first. Then mix up some cholesterol with honey, olive oil and/or coconut oil and a little gentle liquid protein (I like New Era's but I"m sure there are lots of recs here).

Warm that all up for just a bit and then apply throughout your entire head. Pop on a plastic cap and sit under the bonnet dryer if you like. Rinse and apply a good leave-in. I like Honey Hemp but there are lots of other good ones around.

Pull your hair into a bun while it's airdrying because 3-4 inches of new growth is a LOT. OR stretch via rollersetting or cornbraiding. Basically, you need to get that new growth stretched the gentlest way possible.

Consider this too, along with the longer hairs, you have new hairs that are sprouting from empty follicles. That's whats leading to the matted or "dread" feeling in your roots.

Have you tried feeding your hair castor oil when it's dry?

hth,
p1

Tee

patient1 said:
I feel like I"m stalking you around the forum (was just on the Master Cleanse thread).

You know, some folks can stretch for a long time without the hair knitting. I don't know your texture, but it sounds like it needs a good rich deep conditioning.

I say wash your hair and clarify it first. Then mix up some cholesterol with honey, olive oil and/or coconut oil and a little gentle liquid protein (I like New Era's but I"m sure there are lots of recs here).

Warm that all up for just a bit and then apply throughout your entire head. Pop on a plastic cap and sit under the bonnet dryer if you like. Rinse and apply a good leave-in. I like Honey Hemp but there are lots of other good ones around.

Pull your hair into a bun while it's airdrying because 3-4 inches of new growth is a LOT. OR stretch via rollersetting or cornbraiding. Basically, you need to get that new growth stretched the gentlest way possible.

Consider this too, along with the longer hairs, you have new hairs that are sprouting from empty follicles. That's whats leading to the matted or "dread" feeling in your roots.

Have you tried feeding your hair castor oil when it's dry?

hth,
p1

Great advice P1. The mixture sounds great too. I have never added coconut oil to my mix. I will do that this weekend.

P

patient1

Letitia said:
Great advice P1. The mixture sounds great too. I have never added coconut oil to my mix. I will do that this weekend.

Hey Letitia!!!!!!:)

Let me know how it goes. I've used that mix on all sorts of textures,relaxed and natural and it always works out great.

I really like it warmed up and I found that any cholesterol works with this. If a person has scalp issues (flaking, etc.) I might add a little Herbal Cool oil. OR I'll apply the Herbal Cool directly to the scalp and then add the deep conditioning mix over it.

I'm in braids now, but guess who was sitting under a dryer with deep conditioner on this weekend. Yep! I spritz really well and oil my scalp afterwards. Throw on my scarf, get in the bed, and mess up my new pillowcases!:look: <--------I have a thing for that smiley!

p1

ETA: KBragg, you should try Sylver2's scarf method in order to manage your new growth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Skye

Re: PLEASE HELP! I'm 13 weeks post and my hair feels like straw and is starting to dr

OT: but Kbragg I love your hair style in your avatar. It looks very cute on you!