My Ellumen (Hair pics)!!!!

Some one did mention that it was alot like henna on the LHC. it deposits color.

I still wonder if they studied and broke down the henna components for a desired product.

AA

We use these in hair school but I'm not sure about the promotion of hair growth and the no chemicals or at least they [instructors] did not mention it...I'll look into it though.

PS- They may be tough to find online because they are for professional use only or salon use only...

I love, love, love my henna but I'm excited to try something new that comes in a variety of colors.

Be careful when using dyes on previously colored hair like henna or box colors. Wait until the henna is all out of the hair before using this.

PS- They may be tough to find online because they are for professional use only or salon use only...

Read upthread. This is available for purchase at several websites and the directions are online in a PDF.

Be careful when using dyes on previously colored hair like henna or box colors. Wait until the henna is all out of the hair before using this.

I am all about doing a strand test in an inconspicuous area 1st before applying anything to my entire head.

Don't forget to come back and update!!!

yes plz update I would love to see how it turns out

My order came in from Hellogorgeous.net on Friday - what a great vendor!!!!

They are fabulous - lowest price, flat shipping and quick service plus a free pair of tweezers :)

Anyhow, I received my KK @ all bottle in the mail friday and applied it yesterday. I did not buy the lock since several posts I read elsewhere complained that it was very toxic smelling and it didn't seem to really prolong the color.

I shampooed and airdried my hair with no product yesterday morning. I later sectioned my hair in quarters and applied the Elumen before wrapping my hair with saran wrap and sitting under my dryer for an hour.

I let my hair cool to room temp before washing the product out and conditioning my hair.

I have dark brown hair that has some henna in it but zero lift from a relaxer or hair dye.

KK @ all is a very bright color. In the bottle it looks like the color of a hot flaming cheeto so I was a little worried. My hair is still very dark but it really glows in the sunlight like a very intense cellophane. It is not so bright on my dark hair in regular light but I imagine that it would be super bright if you have any gray hair or already lightened hair so I'd advise a strand test first.

I'll post pics later but so far I'm happy.

Thanks for the review! How did it make your hair feel? Any difference? BTW, are you natural or relaxed?

Since you can't lighten your hair with this stuff it's just a rinse. Why are we excited about a rinse?

This would have been a miracle hair color if it could lift.

Thanks for posting your experience OP. I love the intense red of your hair. I am going to order me some of this. It sounds perfect for my fine natural strands. I hope I order the right color to achieve my desired reults.

Thanks for posting your experience OP. I love the intense red of your hair. I am going to order me some of this. It sounds perfect for my fine natural strands. I hope I order the right color to achieve my desired reults.

What color are you thinking about? I'm trying to achieve a nice burgundy. I think I'll go with the RV, I just hope it's not too bright.

Since you can't lighten your hair with this stuff it's just a rinse. Why are we excited about a rinse?

This would have been a miracle hair color if it could lift.

It depends on what you are looking for. This product also smooths the cuticle of your hair and makes it much shinier (allegedly - we'll see.)

It is supposed to improve the appearance and health of previously color treated hair so even though it doesn't lift, there are benefits for some.

I'm a natural and frizz is a big issue for me so if it makes my hair smoother, I'll be thrilled.

So far my experience with Ellumen: Everything was done in 8 sections(4R/4L)
Last night I oiled my hair with 1/2rosehip and 1/2WGO
This morning detangled hair with Magic Star
I then washed my hair with diluted Kenra chelating shampoo
I dried my hair under PIBBS for 20min at 40 (hair was completly dry)
Applied Ellumen(NA@) like conditioner
Wrapped hair in saran wrap
Currently sitting under the PIBBS for 1hr at 50
I will allow my hair to cool before I rinse:) More updates to come

Hi Ladies!!

It has been one week since I applied my Elumen and I'm stil really happy with it. The biggest plus for me is not the color but the fact that my hair is really smooth and silky even a week later. I've washed my hair twice already and my hair feels smooth, moisturized and slippery when it is wet. I barely need any conditioner so I can see how this will save me money on hair products.

The color on me is like a very bright henna treatment and that is cool. I used about 1/2 of the bottle on the 1st application so hopefully it will last a while before I have to reapply it.

i really would like to try this! maybe i will get the clear to start. is the feeling similar to the silkiness after a bkt?

i really would like to try this! maybe i will get the clear to start. is the feeling similar to the silkiness after a bkt?

I've never had BKT done on my hair so I can't compare it at all. I just like what it's done for me so far :)

Last edited:
OP your hair looks bright, shiny, and lush. Thanks for sharing.

This dye sounds awesome - you natural chics are so lucky.

As a relaxed head all I can (safely) use is Semi-Permanent dyes :/ - I hope Ellumen makes a semi-permanent dye for relaxed heads.

Oh my gosh...

I've used ion semi-permanent color from Sally's a couple times ago and it looked nice but didn't last very long so this thread intrigued me. My hair is naturally dark brown with some blonde/light brown strands and there's a section in the very front that has become considerably lighter over the years which I really hated.

I purchased two bottles of Elumen: NB@5 and BR@6. I shampooed with Nature's Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Shampoo, dried my hair, mixed the color and applied with my (gloved) hands. I added some heat for about 10 minutes and shampooed again 30 minutes after that. I deep conditioned, rinsed and blew my hair dry and already it was incredibly shiny. The good part came during the flat-ironining - my hair was smooth as glass and slid through the plates easily. I'm very satisfied with the final product. The color is a nice reddish-brown/mahogany sorta thing. It's hard to capture in photos but I've included a few anyway. Sorry for the crappy quality but I'm too lazy to set the camera up properly. :grin:

First with flash, second two with natural light:

5500180248_39d5ebab66_b.jpg

5499583859_8896ee6485_b.jpg

5500234974_c449c65fa7.jpg

Thanks for posting about this OP. Looks like something to definitely check out.

However, I seriously doubt it "promotes hair growth". You don't apply it to the scalp or take it internally, so I don't see how it could do that. Plus it doesn't seem to have any growth-promoting ingredients. What probably happens is that it makes the hair smoother and more easily detangled, which reduces breakage and aids retention.

Back