How I get my natural hair relaxer straight! *Pics & updates*

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I would just like to share the album I created on how I get my hair straight. I did the best I could, the tutorial thing is kinda new to me.
http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/new-pics-1-4-07/how-i-get-my-natura/

I also have quite a few update pics that you're welcome to view. I maxiglided my hair yesterday and took pics of the results. I think my hair is waist-length now:confused: . For some reason I'm so hesitant to say that. This is the longest my hair has been thanks to hair care boards like this one and all of the knowledgable ladies here. Thanks so much for the support! Love ya's!!

Other updates......http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/new-pics-1-4-07/random-pics/

Oh, and leave me some luv in my album, I love to see yall there!

navsegda

Aw, I love your hair! It's so gorgeous! I have always loved looking at your hair and Camellia's. I wish I had the natural texture that you ladies have.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
navsegda said:
Aw, I love your hair! It's so gorgeous! I have always loved looking at your hair and Camellia's. I wish I had the natural texture that you ladies have.
Thank you navsegda! Your hair is beautiful as well.

Country gal

I am a big fan of your hair. You did a wonderful job. What is the name of the orange bottle? I couldn't see the title very well. Your hair is very beautiful. What is your hair texture? It looks looser than mine.

camellia

I love your hair! It's absolutely gorgeous!

I band my hair before flat ironing also, but I can't seen to get the perfect sleek look that you have. I think I use too much heat protectant.

You look fantastic!:D

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Country gal said:
I am a big fan of your hair. You did a wonderful job. What is the name of the orange bottle? I couldn't see the title very well. Your hair is very beautiful. What is your hair texture? It looks looser than mine.
Thanks Country gal. My texture is 3b/c I think. It's very fine.

The orange bottle is a heat protectant called Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat. I really want to try the Redken Heat Glide though.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
camellia said:
I love your hair! It's absolutely gorgeous!

I band my hair before flat ironing also, but I can't seen to get the perfect sleek look that you have. I think I use too much heat protectant.

You look fantastic!:D
Thanks camellia! You know I love your hair girl!

Yeah the banding works well. I think I used a bit too much Giovanni Direct this time because my hair seemed weighted down and not as light as the last time I flat ironed it. My fine hair can't hold too much product or it will get weighted down and limp. I love my heavy moisturizers though.

Softresses

Hi Pokahantas!!! Congratulations on your growth. Your curly hair is always sooooo pretty! I love the straight look in your siggy too.

I'm off to look at your album..............

Softresses

Country gal

Pokahontas said:
Thanks Country gal. My texture is 3b/c I think. It's very fine.

The orange bottle is a heat protectant called Beyond The Zone- Turn Up The Heat. I really want to try the Redken Heat Glide though.

Too bad we are not in the same area. We could switch for the day. I got the Redken from Target for under $4.00.

LocksOfLuV

Very nice Poka, I want to leave you comments, bbut fotki is acting very weird and the pics keep jumping up and down. This isn't the first time this has happened, it has happened on other people's fotki's before.:confused:

PatTodd

Well, that does it...I WILL be getting a Maxiglide flatiron at the end of the 2007 Challenge.

My husband came into the room while I was looking at your Fotki...he saw the pictures and your name and said "is that you?" (because of my hair, one of his nicknames for me is "pookyhontas"!)

We might be hair twins once I get a few more inches....until then, I am claiming you as a hair "sibling" :p .

kim

Do you straighten your hair before you rollerset or are you roller setting right after you wash? Thanks!! I left a comment in your fotki!! Your hair looks great!!!

Cichelle

Beautiful hair! And yes, it does look waist length. Keep it growing...it's gorgeous! Let me ask you, how long does it take your hair to dry when you band it. I band my hair from time to time, also. But my issue is that it takes forever to dry.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Cichelle said:
Beautiful hair! And yes, it does look waist length. Keep it growing...it's gorgeous! Let me ask you, how long does it take your hair to dry when you band it. I band my hair from time to time, also. But my issue is that it takes forever to dry.
If I air-dry it, yeah it takes forever to dry.....about 12 hours or more. This time I got under my soft bonnet and it took a little over an hour. I pinned the ponytails on top of my head.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
kim said:
Do you straighten your hair before you rollerset or are you roller setting right after you wash? Thanks!! I left a comment in your fotki!! Your hair looks great!!!
Thank you kim. I rollerset right after I wash.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
PatTodd said:
Well, that does it...I WILL be getting a Maxiglide flatiron at the end of the 2007 Challenge.

My husband came into the room while I was looking at your Fotki...he saw the pictures and your name and said "is that you?" (because of my hair, one of his nicknames for me is "pookyhontas"!)

We might be hair twins once I get a few more inches....until then, I am claiming you as a hair "sibling" :p .

Awww, I would be glad to be your hair sibling:lol: , your hair is beautiful. I'm always staring at those waves. I think you'll love the Maxiglide.