My Edges Need Serious LHCF Help

wyldcurlz

My edges are always a frizzy mess and, unless straightened, they're always sticking up and looking crazy when hair is pulled back.

Would ORS Olive Oil Edge Control possible help? (or something like it?)

I think the main problem is that my edges are very curly and only 1/2 inch to 1 inch when stretched - maybe that's causing the sticky up looking effect?

Help!

Help!!

Help!!!

Evolving78

My edges are always a frizzy mess and, unless straightened, they're always sticking up and looking crazy when hair is pulled back.

Would ORS Olive Oil Edge Control possible help? (or something like it?)

I think the main problem is that my edges are very curly and only 1/2 inch to 1 inch when stretched - maybe that's causing the sticky up looking effect?

Help!

Help!!

Help!!!

yep you need something with a stronger hold. you might have to use gel and a scarf. EcoStyler Olive mixed with a little castor oil.

wyldcurlz

Could I use Eco styler and gel when I straighten too? I've never used gel it an edges product on straight hair.

CurlsBazillion

yep you need something with a stronger hold. you might have to use gel and a scarf. EcoStyler Olive mixed with a little castor oil.

been working for my edges since middle school. I wet my brush and brush my edges down then add a little gel the tie on a scarf tightly but not too tight. I put it on a little too close to my face so i can slide it back to ensure straight slicked back hair. works like a charm

Evolving78

just use a little. since your edges are short and curly, you need something with a stronger hold. you can try a wax pomade that is a little thicker. like Aveda Control Paste. something that doesn't have humectants in it and a bunch of oil.

you can also try this
http://www.aveda.com/product/7526/16395/Styling/finish/Brilliant-Anti-Humectant-Pomade/index.tmpl

my cousin would use this on me and it would work very well. my hairline consists of baby hairs, so she would use this after flat ironing my hair on my edges.

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Are your edges 1-2in curly or your 'baby hair'? If this hair is further back than your hairline, it is breakage that can be caused by styling practices. I would use an oil, smooth on a bit of gel, then place a scarf on top to allow the gel to dry.

I'm babying my edges/hairline with castor oil and sulfur oil at the moment.

wyldcurlz

NappyNelle said:
Are your edges 1-2in curly or your 'baby hair'? If this hair is further back than your hairline, it is breakage that can be caused by styling practices. I would use an oil, smooth on a bit of gel, then place a scarf on top to allow the gel to dry.

I'm babying my edges/hairline with castor oil and sulfur oil at the moment.

It's the hair at the hairline. When I stretch it with my fingers it's about 1/2in to 1in long and it's loosely coiled so it looks crazy.

Usually the scarf trick doesn't work well for me. It lays it down a little better but I don't get that nice sleek look.

Do the same tricks work when my hair is straightened?