Ughh Natural and Thinking About Relaxing My Edges

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=12613]brownsuga_91[/USER];19854055 said:
Yes thanks, ive heard good things about this but I havent seen it in my local bss, and its so damn expensive to order online

Target sells Curls Control Paste. Please don't say you don't have Target. You'll make me sad.

BFeathers

I'm not natural but I feel you. I did a long stretch last year and am in the middle of another and won't relax until late November/early December this year and my edges are just fierce.

Due to stress and hormonal changes I started balding on my edges. The parts directly above my ears. The very edge where my skin meets hair has always had hair but those middle parts bald. It's heredity too as the women in my family to bald on the sides in that same spot after 25.

But I just want my edges to lay down when I want them to and Edge Control was horrible. Kerecare Edge Tamer was okay but I used it as a pressing oil and it straightened them.

I'm about to bust out the Ampro Brown gel (for real!) at this rate because I'm just wasting money, racking up holding gels that do nothing.

don't get the typing but I'd say my edges on the very edge and above the ear are the coarsest type there is.

girlonfire

Ladies i need help! Have any naturals ever considered or have relaxed their edges only? Edge control is damn lie, that ish can never get my edges laid. I love stretched styles and cannot deal with these short fuzzy edges :nono:.

I used to say the same thing.

All my life I had to fight...with these edges!

At one point I was seriously considering a texlax. My life was forever changed to first time I used Hicks Edge Control. Have you tried it? For me, a little bit of this stuff on clean damp hair takes my 4b edges to temporarily resembling 1a hair.

AmiJay

When I was natural I had to learn to let my edges be. My relaxed hair "laid" while my natural hair just "was." I let my edges do what they did and it worked better than me wasting money on different products that didn't work more than an hour.