My Brother Said.....(Don't Get Mad)

equestrian

Clean hair smells so good...

I just moved to a Paris and during rush hour when the metro is really really packed people are really standing close to each other.

Same thing when we spent Christmas in france. And we used the metro as our #1 transportation source so I see how smelliness can be a problem.

equestrian

I do agree that men love smells.....I just didn't like being compared to the white women my brother used to date...Men do love freshly shampooed hair...SO SEXY is dangerous around my DH.....

One thing I have enjoyed ....Since I started Co-washing in the shower my husband likes to now sneek in the shower and join me :blush:

whoa now! :lachen:

equestrian

I didnt get past the first page so somebody might've already said this but black women can't wash their hair as much as other races because our hair needs it natural oils. Other races i.e white, spanish dont need that which is why their hair smells like dogs if they dont wash it everyday. Thats the difference. Fresh shampooed hair does smell nice though, but I know I cant wash everyday. :nono:

You can co-wash daily though. I know of a couple people on the forum who shampoo daily with organic sulfate-free shampoo

My Friend

:yep:Men do love that! And so do I!!! I'm always pulling a strand around to sniff!!! :look: My SO smells my conditioners and makes requests! LOL!! :lick:

We had a meeting the other day and this guy leaned over to whisper something to me and was like 'Damn, your hair smells good!!!' :giggle: He kept telling other dudes to come smell me. :grin:

Spill the beans, please. What did you cowash with?

kyla

Thanks Traycee I am glad you passed this information on to us! I can't wait to use my poo and conditioners from Victoria's secret I just put it away, but now I will start using it.

I've been hooked to co-washing the last 3 months....Well my brother told me he loved that and wish his wife would start it as well ( my sister in-law is black)....
Then he goes on to say that is the one thing other women in other races have over black women...My first reaction was to get upset....He goes on to say black women hair doesn't stink or anything ...it just doesn't have that fresh clean shampooed smell...
He went on to say that is a weak spot for most men.....he said he'll be in a grocery store and a women walks by and her hair smells good .....she got his attention....He said it's something about that fresh shampooed smell
Why does my husband feel the same way.....

What do you guys think??????????

Last edited:

Kellum

I love that clean fresh hair smell and so does my DH. It is just that many black women don't wash, cowash, etc.. as often as we do. A lot of them still believe in the dirt make your hair grow myth. I don't like that stinky, stale head smell. Yuck it is just not good. Even if I don't cowash daily, I use good smelling products and won't ever have that funky head smell, LOL.

D.N.A.

I can't act like there isn't some truth to what he's saying. lol I'm big on smells as well, and part of the reason I love LHCF is that it put me onto cowashing, no-heat styling and natural oils for my scalp. I once thought you couldn't wash too frequently and that you had to apply grease to your scalp after washing. I used to hate the fact that it took away from the nice scent of the shampoo and conditioner.

*insert fav conditioner here*> blue magic, pink oil and sweat.

julzinha

I know I love when I wash my hair. The clean scent is so nice and when I take out my braids and wash with Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo I just take a few moments to smell my hair because the smell is so delicious. I wonder if any of you ladies have tried adding fragrance oils to certain products or conditioners to heighten the smell?

LadyRaider

I imagine that co-washed hair can get icky, right? Like someone putting on perfume on a sweaty body day after day?

mscocoface

My DH is the same way. When there is a particular product I use he smell my hair regularly.

I thought that was strange at first, but it is something he likes to do.

Now I get a completely different response when I put in a smelling oil for an oil treatment or doing a henna treatment. :ohwell:

BlackMasterPiece

I imagine that co-washed hair can get icky, right? Like someone putting on perfume on a sweaty body day after day?
No, conditioners have mild cleansing properties....so you can get your hair just as clean with it:yep:

I have an excessively oily scalp so I always have to use shampoo (sls free) on my scalp but I always use conditioner on the length of my hair and it gets it clean yet moisturized. My aussie moist smells delicious....I love it.

I remember one night I had gone really heavy on the infusium in my hair and it got all over my scalp so even after pressing...all you could smell was the fruityness of the infusium and I was dancing with this one guy and he was like damn you smell good! and buried his head in my hair for the rest of the dance...I pretty much had to dodge him the rest of the night:giggle:........so this is very true:yep:

This thread is making me seriously wanna go on the hunt for that VS so sexy:lick:

Last edited:

LadyRaider

Okay. That's cool. I am not happy unless I use shampoo at least once a week. I think of all the leave ins in my hair and I want the shampoo.

No, conditioners have mild cleansing properties....so you can get your hair just as clean with it:yep:

I have an excessively oily scalp so i always have to use shampoo (sls free) on my scalp but I always use conditioner on the length of my hair. My aussie moist smells delicious....I love it.

I remember one night I had gone really heavy on the infusium in my hair and it got all over my scalp so even after pressing...all you could smell was the fruityness of the infusium and I was dancing with this one guy and he was like damn you smell good! and buried his head in my hair for the rest of the dance...i pretty much had to dodge him the rest of the night:giggle:........so this is very true:yep:

This thread is making me seriously wanna go on the hunt for that VS so sexy:lick:

IrisDaVirus

I can't say that I'm mad at him. He's right. Men are fascinated by clean smelling hair more than we realize. That's why I'm pretty vigilant about buying hair products that smell good to me. I'm addicted to the compliments I get when my hair smells nice :lol:.

Last edited:

exoticmommie

I cowash my hair every 2-3 days sometimes everyday. I love it, and DH loves it too. Sadly black women not washing their hair is true. I remember talking to an associate of mine, and when she got up to leave it smelled like toes and hairspray. :ill: And it took a minute for the smell to leave :barf:

Sidenote. I need some VS Sexy in my life. :giggle:

Mz.MoMo5235

i agree with op's brother. when i still had my bad hair practices (and washed my hair 1x per month) and would go to the club, i would get compliments on my outfit, my eyes, what ever. but once i started washing and co-washing on a regular, that's the 1st thing out their mouth "ooh girl, your hair smells so good!" :lol:

i thought it was strange at 1st until one of my friends was dumped by her man, she was super upset and crying so i gave her a hug and her head and scalp was all up in my nose! all i could smell was blue magic, flat iron (i guess burnt hair, yeah?), and i guess hair... like it didnt smell musty or sweaty. but it wasnt something i would want to be sniffing on willingly lol

IrisDaVirus

I cowash my hair every 2-3 days sometimes everyday. I love it, and DH loves it too. Sadly black women not washing their hair is true. I remember talking to an associate of mine, and when she got up to leave it smelled like toes and hairspray. :ill: And it took a minute for the smell to leave :barf:

Sidenote. I need some VS Sexy in my life. :giggle:
Toes and hairspray? WTF? :rofl3:

Everything Zen

Forget the smell- I'm so conditioned to washing my hair several times a week if not every day that I don't even feel clean if my hair isn't washed. I will get a serious case of itchy scalp only remedied by a good shampoo.

CurlyMoo

Ladies. Do yourselves a favor and get up on that VS So Sexy. Tis all.

Which one? I'm looking at this one but I don't know how it smells.:ohwell::

C(squared)

Couldn't nice smelling hair be achieved with a light alcohol-free spray or some of those hair deodorizers? When I'm bunning, I co-wash everyday but when I get it straightened I like to maintain my style for at least a week (no longer than 2 though). Has anybody used those?