Not open for further replies.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm not sure which bothers me more... :nono:

People being offended by prayers against discord or
The very thing we've been praying against is being manifested in this thread

:deadhorse:

:padlock:

I agree msa and I am publicly giving this to God... Some of us have voiced our concerns, our willingness to change, and even our gratitude, to no avail. In hindsight its really unfair of me to believe that just because some people are ready and willing to be open and transparent as sisters, that everyone will follow suit... To those that spoke reality and truth, GOD bless u, good ol crazy music heard u, and so did He... God knows the truth and has heard every last one of us. I just pray for those that have been hurt and misguided. I myself will continue to try and make a change and be as humble and open and honest as possible. Soli deo gloria. :wave:

Highly Favored8

I agree with the gist of your post...but I think the issue lies with what I quoted. We all have different views of what the problem is.

Many christians on this board think it's perfectly acceptable to call people evil spirits, demons, devils, possessed, and whatever else. Many christians on this board think it's appropriate to tell someone that they are not as good of a christian because of xyz. I see those things happening repeatedly, and not just to myself. The disrespect, name calling, underhanded insults, and condescending "I'll pray for you" attitude is rampant.

It would make more sense to address it in pm, except those doing the name calling and judging don't do it in pm, they do it on the open board. And it'd be easy not to dwell on it if it didn't keep happening over and over again.

Anyway, the CF definitely needs prayer. People can't come here and feel comfortable because the "real" christians keep running them away. And that accomplishes nothing in the end.

ITA... With all what you just said.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I just don't understand what issue that you are so concerned with. Anything that has happened prior has been resolved and is in the past, so why does it keep being brought up? Why dwell on the past?

It's not just the past, it continues on. The very issue I've mentioned several times without ambiguity whatsoever are calling people devils, deceivers, influenced by evil and implying they are possessed by devils with an agenda to hurt the body of Christ for being different. This might be personality and/or religion. It's simply not true in many a case here. Ii myself have been on the receiving end of this in a very horrible exchange several months ago.

You might actually have missed those. The sheer hurt and pain it generates from misunderstanding is not something to be covered under the carpet. It's real, just as real as we are. It's not dwelling on the past if it continues into the present. I liken it to someone calling me a prostitute just because I wear pants and makeup by someone who's religion or sect prohibits it. I know that I'm not. So why would someone continually imply it when they know that I'm not but for their own subjective interpretation of scripture? It's just that type of thing.

This is spiritually harmful, not just against the targets, but against lurkers as well. If it were me looking for a religion, simply by the negativity in the form of witch hunts on here, I'd pass christianity up altogether. This is why, to me, it's important to discuss this issue so it can be understood just how much hurt and pain it causes.

One never knows where another is truly, spiritually. Something like this could potentially drive away even a believer who is weak and struggling to find the very love and concern that christians purport to emulate from Christ. We can all come to some kind of truce or understanding that we shouldn't do this to each other. And this is one reason I often open up new topics that wouldn't normally be posted here simply because there are no other roman catholics speaking up. I want people to know who we are just as other people make it known who they are. Protestants are not the only believers. And in these days, unity is desperately needed.

I myself am interested in learning about other people, their faith, denominations and outlook on life. And you are right to be concerned that we no give attention to the negativity and move to higher ground. But I disagree on how we can develop this needed respect for one another. People need to see christians as people who also encounter struggles and strife but the difference should lie in the way things are handled. I don't think anyone should ever think that, just because they are christian, they are perfect and live no strife. We must learn about each other without judgments IMHO because if applied incorrectly, they do a lot of spiritual damage to someone that Christ died for. Words kill as equally as a stone.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm not sure which bothers me more... :nono:

People being offended by prayers against discord or

The very thing we've been praying against is being manifested in this thread

:deadhorse:

:padlock:

The devil hates prayer and the power of it and will do anything to interrupt the flow of the Holy Spirit and the power it renders and the fruit of Life it bears.

"..... where the word is sown; but when they have heard, satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts."

Mark 4:15

There is definitely a 'spirit' that wants to take over and eliminate the power of God and render this Christian ForHim ineffective. But ummmm, God has other plans and He WILL have His glory in here. Yes He will! :yep:

pebbles

this thread is meant for people to post/affirm prayers and well wishes for lhcf. prayer for the cf and lhcf is always in order. i know that we are unified in our prayer and hope to be an encouragement and blessing toanyone visiting the cf and i know that it will continue sans this thread.

mods please close this thread. (is there an official way to submit this request?)

It's done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.