MUST pray for the CF/LHCF - Stand on the Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I'm reminded of a post in the off-topic about a lady whose online friend passed away. This is someone she had previous classes with and kept up with her on FB. Someone made a crass remark to her about mourning for an online person so she came to ask us our opinion. We're all flesh and blood and we communicate much in the same way one communicates on the phone or even in person. If we could keep this in mind. We all have feelings and sometimes you just need a little lift upwards. So, no matter what stage we are in this spiritual life, I hope that we can develop the kind of poverty exercised by Mother Teresa...that of humility and respect...never putting ourselves higher than another and realizing that we're communicating with live human beings on here.

Reminiscing

what will be your focus? how others post or don't post?

instead of the POWER and LOVE OF your ALMIGHTY GOD
Moses said there is... put before you... blessing or curse
life or death....

what are you choosing to look at and share sister?
life or death
blessing or curse?....

Moses said choose life
Joshua said choose the Lord
Paul said...choose whatsoever is lovely is good is pure
and Jesus THE BELOVED says

BE OF GOOD CHEER..FOR I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD
be of good cheer...sister!

and bless those who post here..
encourage! ..not dis-courage or discour..age
we don't know how God works...and

..at least they are HERE.. :)
Praise God who ways are not our ways :)

I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to some of the arguing that was going on last week. I was not attacking the encouraging posts that I read on here nor saying that I wasn't happy that believers and non-believers were posting here. I wasn't discouraging anyone. I was just praying that we continue to post in a loving manner and that we're mindful of each other's feelings. I'm not sure how you derived the above from my prayer but I assure you it was not posted with a negative spirit.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:yep: :yep: :yep:

There's nothing but terrible misunderstandings, false perceptions and unwarranted accusations in a thread meant for God's blessings on the forum. We can do better...

God bless!
I'm starting a new thread a little later. It's needed. :Rose:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:yep: :yep: :yep:

There's nothing but terrible misunderstandings, false perceptions and unwarranted accusations in a thread meant for God's blessings on the forum. We can do better...

God bless!

Yes we can...:yep: This thread was not created to be a continuation of the 'issues', but to bring peace to them, or a least each other.

Shimmie

Staff member
I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to some of the arguing that was going on last week. I was not attacking the encouraging posts that I read on here nor saying that I wasn't happy that believers and non-believers were posting here. I wasn't discouraging anyone. I was just praying that we continue to post in a loving manner and that we're mindful of each other's feelings. I'm not sure how you derived the above from my prayer but I assure you it was not posted with a negative spirit.
Your prayer was beautiful... :Rose:

Laela

Matthew 13:3

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out
to sow his seed.

4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds
came and ate it up.

5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up
quickly, because the soil was shallow.

6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered
because they had no root.

7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown.

9 He who has ears, let him hear."

18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:

19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand
it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This
is the seed sown along the path.

20 The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who
hears the word and at once receives it with joy.

21 But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or
persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who
hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of
wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

23 But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who
hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown."

24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man
who sowed good seed in his field.

25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among
the wheat, and went away.

26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good
seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28 "'An enemy did this,' he replied. "The servants asked him, 'Do you want
us to go and pull them up?'

29 "'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may
root up the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the
harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned;
then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"

Shimmie

Staff member
Matthew 13:3

3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out
to sow his seed.

4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds
came and ate it up.

5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up
quickly, because the soil was shallow.

6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered
because they had no root.

7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop--a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown.

9 He who has ears, let him hear."

18 "Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:

19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand
it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This
is the seed sown along the path.

20 The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who
hears the word and at once receives it with joy.

21 But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or
persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who
hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of
wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

23 But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who
hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred,
sixty or thirty times what was sown."

24 Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man
who sowed good seed in his field.

25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among
the wheat, and went away.

26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good
seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28 "'An enemy did this,' he replied. "The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29 "'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the
harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned;
then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"

Verse 29 --- This word is very tender. God gives every seed a fair chance at life. :Rose:

Avyn

thanx for all the prayers andpositive affirmations. i know that the site isn't going anywhere, i think its getting more exposure and growing daily. i was just concerned about the way the CF thus Christians are being perceived with all of the negativity going on in here ( as seen through negative blogs and posts in other forums). i also noticed that at the same time there was a lot of negativity going on in other threads. in any case, prayer for peace is always in order and i hope that this forum can be a place where anyone, from any faith can feel comfortable posting and be greeted with the love characteristic of TRUE CHRISTIANS. i think people should know that when they need it, they can come and not be judged, but be prayed for, and that disputes can be handled decently and tastefully (using pms and such if needed, etc.).

love you guys!!!

momi

I am seeing a lot of negative conversations being had about the CF. Some people are so offended with goings on that they are considering not renewing their memberships.

There are spirits of offense, strife, witchcraft (mindsets that exalt themselves against the knowledge of Christ - not directed at any individuals), and division at work and we have to pray to bind of the plan of the enemy to destroy the witness and ministry of the CF. We need God to restore unity and love - fertilizer that ensures the growth of the Body of Christ/Kingdom.

Instead of avoiding the forum, we need to rally together in prayer. Lately I have also noticed an overall negative tone on the site as a whole, not just the CF. LHCF has beed a tremendous source of encouragement, empowerment, and information and I just don't want this site's reputation to be tarnished in any way. You guys know how a bad word will spread like wildfire on the internet. I also don't want these spirits to take root here.

Pray and/or write your prayers for LHCF in this forum.

*For those who don't know what to say, just a simple prayer of: "I plead the blood of Jesus over LHCF and the CF in Jesus' Name" can route the devil.

I am not sure why... but this entire thread has truly concerned me. How concerned should we be with unity and love? It is troublesome to me when I hear Christians worry about being tolerant and offensive? The word of God and the cross is an offense to those who dont believe.

Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense,
And whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”[p]

Over the past year I have truly enjoyed and benefited greatly from the CF. It has served as a sharpening tool for me personally and I appreciate it. I have been convicted and challanged in my walk with The Lord - the ladies here have a tremendous amout of wisdom to share here and I would shutter at the thought of it becoming some type of mealy-mouth, weak, afraid to share the truth of the gospel without worrying about offense forum.

I have prayed about this and asked God to search my heart, and reveal to me where I am wrong on this.

Avyn

I am not sure why... but this entire thread has truly concerned me. How concerned should we be with unity and love? It is troublesome to me when I hear Christians worry about being tolerant and offensive? The word of God and the cross is an offense to those who dont believe.

Over the past year I have truly enjoyed and benefited greatly from the CF. It has served as a sharpening tool for me personally and I appreciate it. I have been convicted and challanged in my walk with The Lord - the ladies here have a tremendous amout of wisdom to share here and I would shutter at the thought of it becoming some type of mealy-mouth, weak, afraid to share the truth of the gospel without worrying about offense forum.

I have prayed about this and asked God to search my heart, and reveal to me where I am wrong on this.

John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I Cor. 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

i think that non-Christians should be able to feel comfortable asking questions of the knowledgeable ladies in the CF without fear of being judged or shot down. i think that people curious about our faith should meet with Jesus and all of the love, wisdom, and knowledge that his life and death passed on to us. from some of the blogs and posts i'd been reading at the time of the original post, there were examples of this not happening.

but, in any case, i think that prayer for the CF and LHCF as a whole is always in order, and a request for prayer should in no way be cause for concern.

Last edited:

Avyn

Also, unity and love are (should be) foundations of our faith. If people come in the CF and see discord and strife what will their opinion of our faith be. Thats like going to a beautician with totally jacked hair, a financial planner who can't manage her money, etc.

Philippians 2
Unity Through Humility
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Ephesians 4
13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Last edited:

Didn't God say Love thy neighbor???
Nobody wants anyone not to say the truth... its how you say it, and how you post "prayers" and "scriptures" etc... People say slickness everywhere. It wouldn't come up if it didn't happen... And when you I don't mean "you" that was a general you...
But having a God-righteous attitude is very different from having a self-righteous attitude... And people, believers and non-believers alike can tell the difference.
Speak the truth in Love is what my mom always says. And we should adopt that when witnessing and conversing with each other. I think this forum is a great sharpening tool, but people make mistakes too. We aren't God himself and there is nothing wrong with asking Him to keep us humble. :yep:

momi

Also, unity and love are (should be) foundations of our faith. If people come in the CF and see discord and strife what will their opinion of our faith be. Thats like going to a beautician with totally jacked hair, a financial planner who can't manage her money, etc.

Philippians 2
Unity Through Humility
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

Ephesians 4
13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

Thanks for your response... personally I havent noticed any discord or strife. However I completely agree that non believers and believers alike should feel free to ask questions and share opinions without being made fun of.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Unfortunately, that is not the climate here on a daily basis. It leaves me with the impressions that one has to dumb-down in order to be considered holy. Many questions about issues that might be new and unknown or unexplored by others are often met with hostility and name-calling via "slapping the gospel on it." It's a sugar coat to something putrid underneath. But it's actually misunderstanding...like in a witch trial. All these "spirits" and whatever that are constantly being rebuked here don't truly exist, IMHO. Obviously, there is good and bad in the world and we're supposed to be vigilant and work towards the good. But our focus is G-d, not on each and every little 'demon' that happens along. I'm beginning to think there is some type of syncretistic practice of African traditionalism alongside christian practices here. Focus on Jesus...not the devil. That has become a trite and worn out response to things unknown. It's better to say, "I don't know" rather than rebuke so-called devils you don't actually know exist in any given situation. And perceiving this subjectively through one's soul is not a proper gauge...as if to say that if one person senses it and others don't, then the "others" are deceived. We're all adults here.

Aspire

LOL - I am not sure I knew LHCF had a Christian Forum. I guess I need to get out of the hair forum more often.

Anyway, Hi Ladies. I am always happy to see fellow believers on the net. You never know who is lurking and reading, even when they do not respond. As already mentioned, the word never comes back void.

^^^^^^
Glad u said it gv... I think some of us are scared to believe that the sugar coat happens, that people are human, even the ones that seem the most "annointed" :rolleyes:
I question when ppl will be able to be honest with themselves... It will make everyones testimony a bit stronger, make this place a little warmer... I don't know why people wouldn't want that. I think God would :smile: at that :yep:

Laela

Hi, Aspire...

I'm glad you visited the CF :laugh: ..and a hearty AMEN to the bolded.

God bless!
LOL - I am not sure I knew LHCF had a Christian Forum. I guess I need to get out of the hair forum more often.

Anyway, Hi Ladies. I am always happy to see fellow believers on the net. You never know who is lurking and reading, even when they do not respond.

♥Lamaravilla♥

I'm just going to go ahead and say something, and it might be an unpopular opinion but I feel it needs to be said.

Rather than dwelling on every single post that you believe to be a slight against you just ignore it. Why allow it to affect you? Everyone here should know their true heart, and if you don't Our Lord surely does. Insisting on seeing negativity where there really isn't any is creating unnecessary strife.

If somethings offends and hurts you don't create long drawn out battles I don't believe this is the place for it. If you must say something address it through pms and if it still isn't resolved then take comfort in knowing that you tried and leave it at that.

I haven't been posting over here for a while, but I still lurk very often, and I don't see any sugar-coating or back-biting going on. So for those of you that believe there is a problem, I'm sorry that you feel that way but I just don't see it. Opinions are going to vary, and if you expect everyone to defer to you opinion all the time then you have a lot of growing up to do.

Blessing and love to all of you :grouphug:

Highly Favored8

Anyway, Hi Ladies. I am always happy to see fellow believers on the net. You never know who is lurking and reading, even when they do not respond. As already mentioned, the word never comes back void.

I have been saying this for a while now. Which in my heart is so important.:yep:

I'm just going to go ahead and say something, and it might be an unpopular opinion but I feel it needs to be said.

Rather than dwelling on every single post that you believe to be a slight against you just ignore it. Why allow it to affect you? Everyone here should know their true heart, and if you don't Our Lord surely does. Insisting on seeing negativity where there really isn't any is creating unnecessary strife.

If somethings offends and hurts you don't create long drawn out battles I don't believe this is the place for it. If you must say something address it through pms and if it still isn't resolved then take comfort in knowing that you tried and leave it at that.

I haven't been posting over here for a while, but I still lurk very often, and I don't see any sugar-coating or back-biting going on. So for those of you that believe there is a problem, I'm sorry that you feel that way but I just don't see it. Opinions are going to vary, and if you expect everyone to defer to you opinion all the time then you have a lot of growing up to do.

ITA with your post.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I honestly do not see many people attempting to do the bolded. There are fair and indepth discussions taking place here and the back and forth is a form of debate on the doctrinal issues. To me, it's coming to know what the other person is about. I'll just take it that you meant me, since you're quoting some of the words I used.

If you don't see a problem, that's actually great and you can go peacefully on without hurt. People here are not just online personalities, they are flesh and blood. Calling people out indirectly but implying they are deceptive and influenced by evil is not good. Talking of the larger world and popular culture? I could understand. But actual members here because, as you say, they do not share the same opinions? That's not christian love.

You did say you don't post often over here. Many of us are regular posters and are very involved and perhaps that's why you or others don't see the problem. I'm not only talking about myself but about several (many more than a handful) people who have been absolutely insulted on this list indirectly through posts that are assumed above a person's spiritual radar. They are not.

What you said about opinions is exactly the point and I certainly agree with you. I'd like to add that no one should be "shut up" on the list because they do not have the same exact opinions as others and this should include denominational differences. Unfortunately, many do not seem to realize just how broad the christian community is in doctrine and traditions and in doing so, they often take it that someone isn't a valid and sincere christian when they don't speak the same lingo nor live the same as someone of another "faith/sect." Rather than revel in the fact that we are so diverse and can learn from each other (even if we don't believe their side) and realize what great blessing this is...well, there are the accusations.

Last edited:
Its funny that the word feud was brought up... I don't see anything about a feud in this thread... I think its been very positive minus a few fleshy smileys :yep: and I think its good that people had the opportunity to be honest and also pray for positive interaction between the members of this forum :yep:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I honestly do not see many people attempting to do the bolded. There are fair and indepth discussions taking place here and the back and forth is a form of debate on the doctrinal issues. To me, it's coming to know what the other person is about. I'll just take it that you meant me, since you're quoting some of the words I used.

If you don't see a problem, that's actually great and you can go peacefully on without hurt. People here are not just online personalities, they are flesh and blood. Calling people out indirectly but implying they are deceptive and influenced by evil is not good. Talking of the larger world and popular culture? I could understand. But actual members here because, as you say, they do not share the same opinions? That's not christian love.

You did say you don't post often over here. Many of us are regular posters and are very involved and perhaps that's why you or others don't see the problem. I'm not only talking about myself but about several (many more than a handful) people who have been absolutely insulted on this list indirectly through posts that are assumed above a person's spiritual radar. They are not.

What you said about opinions is exactly the point and I certainly agree with you. I'd like to add that no one should be "shut up" on the list because they do not have the same exact opinions as others and this should include denominational differences. Unfortunately, many do not seem to realize just how broad the christian community is in doctrine and traditions and in doing so, they often take it that someone isn't a valid and sincere christian when they don't speak the same lingo nor live the same as someone of another "faith/sect." Rather than revel in the fact that we are so diverse and can learn from each other (even if we don't believe their side) and realize what great blessing this is...well, there are the accusations.

Like I said I don't post anymore, for fear of someone misinterpreting something I say as a direct insult to them. But I still lurk everyday and read almost every current thread. So I am well aware of the discussions and the direction that they take. Usually everything is fine until someone decides to say something completely out of place and out of order. I just don't understand what issue that you are so concerned with. Anything that has happened prior has been resolved and is in the past, so why does it keep being brought up? Why dwell on the past?

Its funny that the word feud was brought up... I don't see anything about a feud in this thread... I think its been very positive minus a few fleshy smileys :yep: and I think its good that people had the opportunity to be honest and also pray for positive interaction between the members of this forum :yep:

Your post is the only one that mentions a feud.... so I'm confused :perplexed

Avyn

this thread is meant for people to post/affirm prayers and well wishes for lhcf. prayer for the cf and lhcf is always in order. i know that we are unified in our prayer and hope to be an encouragement and blessing toanyone visiting the cf and i know that it will continue sans this thread.

mods please close this thread. (is there an official way to submit this request?)

Last edited:

whoops should've just quoted... bolded was what i was talkin about

msa

So for those of you that believe there is a problem, I'm sorry that you feel that way but I just don't see it.

I agree with the gist of your post...but I think the issue lies with what I quoted. We all have different views of what the problem is.

Many christians on this board think it's perfectly acceptable to call people evil spirits, demons, devils, possessed, and whatever else. Many christians on this board think it's appropriate to tell someone that they are not as good of a christian because of xyz. I see those things happening repeatedly, and not just to myself. The disrespect, name calling, underhanded insults, and condescending "I'll pray for you" attitude is rampant.

It would make more sense to address it in pm, except those doing the name calling and judging don't do it in pm, they do it on the open board. And it'd be easy not to dwell on it if it didn't keep happening over and over again.

Anyway, the CF definitely needs prayer. People can't come here and feel comfortable because the "real" christians keep running them away. And that accomplishes nothing in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.