Christian Love on the CF

divya

Good morning, ladies.

The Lord has impressed upon my heart to bring up this topic. In CF, we have wonderful ladies in Christ - ladies who are zealous about our faith in the Lord!

However, sometimes it seems that we can exhibit a less understanding, less kind spirit towards each other when we disagree. I am guilty of this and pray for forgiveness from the Lord and beg forgiveness from all of you. Surely, there is nothing wrong with taking a strong stance both when we are in agreement or disagreement with a particular topic. We should always stand for the truth and be willing vocalize our dissent where there is error. But my hope is that that we conduct our discussions without resentful or accusatory tones and that all we say and do will reflect Christ's love for us.

May we all endeavor to show Christian love to everyone we encounter here and beyond.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Proverbs 15:33 - The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

1 Peter 3:8-9 - Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Matthew 11:29 - Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

May God bless you all!

JinaRicci

Thank you divya! I have been wrestling with this all night- I am guilty too. My prayer is that we will treat each other with love, respect & patience. We all have different gifts and need each other as members of the body of Christ. Eph 4: 1-16.

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."

divya

Thank you divya! I have been wrestling with this all night- I am guilty too. My prayer is that we will treat each other with love, respect & patience. We all have different gifts and need each other as members of the body of Christ. Eph 4: 1-16.

"For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ."

Amen! Especially in times like thesewe definitely need each other! We need to be building each other up, because the devil is busy as he has but a short time (Rev 12:12). :yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thanks for the reminder, divvya... that we all must walk in Love.

This reminder is why we must pray for or desire a discerning spirit.

Sometimes, what we fail to see is righteous indignation. There is wrong with standing by the Truth, no matter what. The Word can be an offense to some; please remember that.

Laela

Good morning, ladies.

The Lord has impressed upon my heart to bring up this topic. In CF, we have wonderful ladies in Christ - ladies who are zealous about our faith in the Lord!

However, sometimes it seems that we can exhibit a less understanding, less kind spirit towards each other when we disagree. I am guilty of this and pray for forgiveness from the Lord and beg forgiveness from all of you. Surely, there is nothing wrong with taking a strong stance both when we are in agreement or disagreement with a particular topic. We should always stand for the truth and be willing vocalize our dissent where there is error. But my hope is that that we conduct our discussions without resentful or accusatory tones and that all we say and do will reflect Christ's love for us.

May we all endeavor to show Christian love to everyone we encounter here and beyond.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Proverbs 15:33 - The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

1 Peter 3:8-9 - Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Matthew 11:29 - Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

May God bless you all!

divya

Thanks for the reminder, divvya... that we all must walk in Love.

This reminder is why we must pray for or desire a discerning spirit.

Sometimes, what we fail to see is righteous indignation. There is wrong with standing by the Truth, no matter what. The Word can be an offense to some; please remember that.

Laela

Absolutely true! Thank you!

blazingthru

I have tried to post here without getting angry but I see I cannot. Please pray for me. I am so happy you put this out here Divya and I hope we are all encouraged and motivated to make a change in how we respond to others and not take things as a personal insult. As I am sure unless otherwise stated it wasn't meant that way. I just ask for Gods calming spirit to suround the CF many have question that want honest truthful answers and I love sharing what I believe. If I am wrong I will certainly go back and look it up. I just want others to know it is not now or ever my intension to upset or hurt anyone. Truth is truth sometimes we can't always all face it. sometimes we can't accept it but if its from the word of God then I think we should alteast do as the bereans did
Acts 17:11
Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
Amen

Renovating

Divya, I've been guilty too. In addition to my posts, I've really been trying to work on my thoughts toward the posts I see (and toward people IRL). I know that words, whether spoken verbally or posted here are a manifestation of my thoughts and this is why I've been focused on Psalms19:14. I sincerely want to do better about this. Correction: I WILL do better.

Thanks for starting this thread.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14