MTG: When are you applying?

NewYorkgyrl

Ladies how EXACTLY are you using this product.

Yes, I know it goes on the scalp. I want to know WHEN in your hair regimine is it taking place.

I find that a lot of women on the board say less manipulation is better. If this is true then wouldn't it be more manipulation to wash, detangle, and then section your hair to apply the MTG. (Compared to just wash, detangle, bun)
And I know it has been said on this board that it is best only to comb when wet (i.e. in the shower with conditioner) So when do you apply MTG if this means having the possibilty of parting the hair with a comb and the possibly having to comb through the hair to get it to slick back into a bun?

What are the natural ladies doing?

What methods can I use to apply MTG without alot of manipulation. (by the way I am 12 weeks post relaxer so I have tangle issues at times)

ayoung

I got the idea to use a color applicator bottle (with the spout tip end) from someone here---and that works! I am natural and I can apply it whenever in my haircare regimine. Right now I have twists and I just go in and apply to my scalp every 2-3 days.

So, if you wash, detangle--then use the applicator tip--and then bun--that won't be a ton of manipulation.

baglady215

ITA. The color applicator bottle is great. I apply it after my wash to damp hair after I apply my leave in. Using the applicator bottle, I can do it in less than a minute. The pointy tip parts the hair and applies it at the same time. :)

NewYorkgyrl

ayoung1981 said:
I got the idea to use a color applicator bottle (with the spout tip end) from someone here---and that works! I am natural and I can apply it whenever in my haircare regimine. Right now I have twists and I just go in and apply to my scalp every 2-3 days.

So, if you wash, detangle--then use the applicator tip--and then bun--that won't be a ton of manipulation.

I use the bottle with an applicator tip. Sometimes I put it on my finger and applyit so that I will make sure not to put too much. I was just curious about how other women were handling the minimum manipulation and using this product throught out the scalp.

NewYorkgyrl

baglady215 said:
ITA. The color applicator bottle is great. I apply it after my wash to damp hair after I apply my leave in. Using the applicator bottle, I can do it in less than a minute. The pointy tip parts the hair and applies it at the same time. :)

You say less than a minute! Does that mean you are NOT applyting thoughout the WHOLE SCALP. I thought that all the women on this board were applying it section by section by section. If you know what I mean. If you are doing this, how do you do that to your whole head in less than a minute? (and at the same time not worry about manipulation)

Last edited:

baglady215

I just use the pointed tip to make the parts and squeeze as I go. I do maybe 10 "parts" in the front and then 10 in the back. Then I massage it in to get good coverage.

Eiano

I don't do my whole head because the MTG is so runny it ends up getting all through my scalp anyway. I apply it every 3 days at night with a color applicator from sally's.;)