MSM info needed please

DMarie

Hi!!
I have a question?? I wanted to know how you take your msm? I use to take it in the past strictly for my hair because back then i was trying to grow it out naturally. I grew it natural for about 15 months and then went back to relaxing. During that time it was really pretty in texture which i never really appreciated till now. I just assumed that my texture was nice and didn't think it was the msm's influence. When I was taking the supplement I took it in pill form. Then in 2008 I decided to stop relaxing again and since my relaxed hair was brastrap- mid back length i didn't bc i transitioned for a long time, during which i just cut hair and flat ironed the new growth. I never got rid of my relaxed hair even though I had planned to. On a whim I recently had my hair relaxed and cut. Before I relaxed my hair I realized that my natural hair's texture was not as nice as it was the first time I went natural. I don't know if it was because the first time I went natural I just cut my relaxed hair off and took care of all natural hair and used msm or if it was because i transitioned using the flat iron and didn't use the msm. I believe it must have been the msm. So, I have decided that I will start taking it again but this time the pure kind in powder form instead of the pills. I take 1/4 tsp= 1000mg in my 1/2 gallon of water a day and drink it throughout the day. I want to know if you get good noticably smoother/silky looking hair from your pill or from the powder?? If you take the powder do you take it over the course of the day like I do or do you take your dosage all at once?? AND if you think i'd get more noticeable results taking my powder all at once or like i am taking it now?

thanks msm users.

DMarie

Emoniegirl03

I take started the MSM cream two weeks ago and i just apply it to my scalp. It made my hair very soft! the cream ran out in two weeks so i bought the powder. I hate the bitter taste so i add the powder to my olive oil cream and apply it to my scalp as well. So far my hair is still super soft.

hair4romheaven

I take the powder form have been for about 4 months. I have noticed my 4b texture a lot softer which makes me think my hair is growing slower but my NG is softer anda lot straighter. I plan on transitioning so I'm not sure how this will play out. I dont plan on taking it 4ever.

Mook's hair

I tried taking MSM supplements 2 years ago. They gave me weird dreams and bad headaches. I stopped and never tried again.

Num1chocolate

OMG, I was up until 3am researching this MSM madness:spinning: I still made it to church on time, LOL:grin:. I know that I will definitely try this in powder form, but I could not figure out what the best brand would be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ladies!

Num1chocolate

I tried taking MSM supplements 2 years ago. They gave me weird dreams and bad headaches. I stopped and never tried again.

I read online that if you had a headache when taking this just drink more water. I drink about 8oz before I take pills and 8oz after. I used to get stomach aches when taking Centrum, but not anymore. HTH

ToyToy

I just started taking MSM again about two or three weeks ago. Prior to that I took MSM for a year about two years ago. I used to take the powder form. I really couldn't tell you whether it had any effect on my hair, but my joints were very strong. Plus it was the only year when I didn't have a flu throughout. I didn't even cough once. Normally, I have the flu at least three times a year (usually clustered around January, February and March), but not that year.
I recently started taking MSM again, because I started running in October, so I am taking it predominantly for my joints. It's only been about two to three weeks. In the first week, I had the most awful headaches - they felt like caffeine withdrawal headaches (if anyone here is a reformed coffee drinker). I upped my water intake, and they disappeared. I didn't have any weird dreams.
I take two capsules of 750mg each day, totaling 1,500mg daily. I'll keep an eye out for my hair and report back :).