MSM NG & POST MSM NG

hair4romheaven

I have a question in reference to MSM. I am transitioning to natural. I have been taking MSM for about 7mths in powder form and noticed my NG has changed a bit. It is looser and softer. It's not a curl but more like a wave. I don't plan on using MSM forever so my question is when I stop using MSM & my regular NG starts to grow in will I have to possibly chop the hair that has grown in from the MSM? Will i have 2 textures from MSM growth and post MSM growth? :perplexed

Leesh

That's a Good question! I personally don't know, but I would like too! Bumpity Bump!

HauteHippie

I'm really curious, too. I just cut off my "scab hair" aka hair I abused the nuthin' out of and while the hair I have left is healthy...it is still two different textures. Am I going to have to cut again? Someone please help us.

Tyra

You don't have to. It's really up to you.

I can tell the difference between the post msm I have and the pre msm ng. It's not a huge difference, but I notice.

I first started using msm about a year or so ago when I was still relaxed.

I guess it really balls down to how different your natural texture is from the texture you get with the msm, and how ok you are with that.

It won't compromise the health of your hair, if that' what you all want to know. I don't think that I've heard of anyone (me included) whose pre/post msm textures were as different as say relaxed vs natural hair. If that makes sense to you all. Your hair won't break.

Last edited:

song_of_serenity

Many people here have spoken of looser textured hair growing in as a result of taking MSN However, to answer you? I'm not sure if it "reverted" after stopping use or the hair which grew in while taking msn remained the same, with the newer hair that is growing in the texture you had before.

I'm sure it won't cause line of demarcation issues, as with natural hair and relaxer. If it remains, it may only be as bothersome as dealing with a head with several different textures, a natural occurrence.