Monistat 7 for fast hair growth!!

Mahalialee4

Here are some faq that may be useful. http://www.healthdigest.org/CONJUGATED-ESTROGENS/Monistat-Derm-(Topical)_4889_PRO.php Monistat for skin fungus and problems
http://www.prisonerswithchildren.org/news/dhsabuse.htm poor care in prisons...hair
I do not think it is an urban legend. I think it really happened. Actually the ingredients are not much different than some of the lice or other fungus treatments. Fungus can grow anywhere on your body. Bonjour

Mahalialee4

"Medication Name: Monistat 1 Combo Pack (Topical)

This Medication is Used For Treatment:
Treat fungus infections of the skin. Some of these infections are "athlete's foot," "jock itch," and yeast infections. Antifungal shampoo is used to treat dandruff..." and then goes on to give directions of how to use it. I think that this is very interesting that this is posted on the "Drug Information Center.com. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, no? Bonjour

Mahalialee4

Hair Growth Problems and yeast infection in the Scalp. Here is a direct quote from a site " that talks about that. Read the whole article. Some parts are quite interesting.
".....Whether you are dealing with hair that doesn’t quite grow as fast or thick as you like, or you are dealing with one form or another of hair loss, there are certain common nutrients that are needed for healthy hair. The following basic program can be used by anyone trying to improve the quality or quantity of their hair growth. The recipe is followed with some special tips to personalize your program for more stubborn hair growth problems.

Basic Program
HSN Complex - This formula contains a proper balance of herbal anti-oxidants necessary for healthy hair, skin, and nails. The formula is high in natural silica which gives the hair strength and elasticity. The rosemary in the formula is an antioxidant which builds the immune system, protects the hair follicles and is antifungal. Many hair/scalp problems can be attributed to yeast overgrowth in the scalp area...."
So if our scalp gets to itching and we cannot figure it out....maybe we should go to a dermatologist and ask him to check out your scalp to see if that is possible. Just a thought. Bonjour

http://www.feelinggoodnaturally.com/Body/ailments_h.htm

Mahalialee4

Dandruff!!!!! What you read may shock you!!!!! lolol There are pictures, too!!!!
http://www.seniormag.com/conditions/skindisorders/
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=ye...eb=Search&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&fl=0&x=wrt
http://dermnetnz.org/fungal/tinea-capitis.html
http://www.keratin.com/aq/aq002.shtml (scalp ringworm-fungus!!!) and EVERYTHING YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT FUNGUS AND YEAST INFECTIONS .....
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/dimtext/bruno/drmo71.html
AND Remember Robert Craig, the hairstylist and colorist????This is from his site:http://www.robertcraig.com/weeklytips/8-2-97.html and a quote:
"tip of the week
I have a real itchy scalp with dandruff and the dandruff shampoos don't seem to help.
I have seen a recent increase in scalp yeast infections. This is a simple thing to treat with a prescription topical medication. See a dermatologist if you cannot clear it up with OTC products. A yeast infection can lay dormant until stress, illness or other factors cause it to flair up. .." So in summary, maybe them ladies in prison are smarter than we thought!

Mahalialee4

NOW WHAT ARE THE DOCTORS AND DERMATOLOGISTS SAYING!!!!!!
No. I am not pushin' Monistat. I just think that we need to give people the benefit of the doubt when they post what may seem strange and check it out for ourselves and for the benefit of others just to keep an open but informed mind. Why, because, something may really work and people would be afraid to share. Here is what the medical profession is saying and thought I should share this: http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic592.htm

Quote: Author: Nelly Rubeiz, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Coauthor(s): Zeina Tannous, MD, Consulting Staff, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School

Nelly Rubeiz, MD, is a member of the following medical societies: American Academy of Dermatology .( pLEASE.....Read what these learned professional have to say regarding hair scalp infections and all the types of fungus. This is so helpful and I know you ladies will be glad you read it. Bonjour)

Editor(s): Theodore Gaeta, DO, MPH, Residency Director, Clinical Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine in Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, New York Methodist Hospital; Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD, Senior Pharmacy Editor, eMedicine; Eddy Lang, MDCM, CCFP (EM), CSPQ, Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, McGill University; Consulting Staff, Department of Emergency Medicine, The Sir Mortimer B Davis-Jewish General Hospital; John Halamka, MD, Chief Information Officer, CareGroup Healthcare System, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; and Charles V Pollack, Jr, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania College of Medicine; Chairman, Department of Emergency Medicine, Pennsylvania Hospital ..."

gn1g

jcoily pictures are overrated, that could be anybodies head for all we know. {{shrugs}}, It could even be a weave.

Mahalialee4

California, how long did it take your friend to actually go from below the shoulders to the waist, and how often was she using it and how often was she shampooing? Oh, are you also using MTG?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
gn1g said:
jcoily pictures are overrated, that could be anybodies head for all we know. {{shrugs}}, It could even be a weave.

I have been looking at hair albums for almost a year now. Out of the dozens of albums I've seen, I have only spotted 5 that were suspect. 2 were definitely weaves/wigs and the other 3 suspiciously showed no 'parts' in the hair or had several pictures where their scalp and hairline was not visable so I honestly couldn't tell. For these, I just write off any future suggestions they have.

I have also been able to look at albums and make a judgement as to whether product claims of growth make sense given the photos.

I am not the most observant person and my eyesight is not the best, but I have picked up on these things. If I can, I'm pretty sure others can too.

Crackers Phinn

Mahalialee4 said:
JCoily: How long have you been using this? what exactly have your results been? Bonjour

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong impression. I have not used monistat. To clarify, I don't think you're going to find anyone who has actually used monistat with any type consistency.

Mahalialee4

Well, I guess time will tell, eh? Do you use the MTG or Surge JCoily or relax? How is that working for you if yes to any of them? Bonjour

Mahalialee4

JC I read at your pic site that you tried the MTG but you were just planning to use up the remainder of your bottle that someone gave you. Did it make your hair thicker and stronger feeling? I noticed from your products section that you used cholesterol. Have you used the Le Kair cholesterol? I really get good results with the LK. I had to kiss off the Surge. It did not like my skin and so I will give it away to a friend. Bonjour

Crackers Phinn

Mahalialee4 said:
JC I read at your pic site that you tried the MTG but you were just planning to use up the remainder of your bottle that someone gave you. Did it make your hair thicker and stronger feeling? I noticed from your products section that you used cholesterol. Have you used the Le Kair cholesterol? I really get good results with the LK. I had to kiss off the Surge. It did not like my skin and so I will give it away to a friend. Bonjour

I do believe MTG has made my hair hair feel thicker. I haven't been able to make a neat bun since I've started using it. By mid day my hair is puffy.

I have not used the Le Kair Cholesterol.

If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me. :)

blazingthru

Thanks for this note, I was thinking about it too, but inside I was thinking this is gross, I don't think I need hair that bad. Plus I hate grease. Thank God for the Forum so many ideals and at least someone gets on here with some good facts that we all need to hear. Thanks

miracle said:
Okay, I'm going to add my two new shinny pennies on this one........this is NOT a good idea!!!!!! Monistat 7 contains Miconazole Nitrate which can cause drug interactions and serious adverse reactions if used for anything other than it's intened purpose (External Anti-Fungal). Although it is an FDA approved OTC product, it's still a DRUG and mixing it with other components, such as hair pomade/grease can change the chemical compound and do harm to the scalp/skin.

Nizoral Shampoo contains a similar anti-fungal to treat dandruff, but of course, it's washed out. This stuff is not meant to "sit" on the scalp.

I know folks are going to do whatever they want with their heads anyway, but I'd strongly urge talking to a physician or pharmacist before concocting this "experiment" to make sure that you're not taking any medicines, vitamins or herbs than can negatively interact with the Miconazole Nitrate.
;)

Spidergul

senimoni said:
I'm just curious what made someone try this in the first place.

Just think about, maybe they had a more than normal need to use Monistat on a regular basis and saw the result..... There is hair down there too. :wasntme:

Spidergul

Almondjoy said:
I'm actually a physician and I prescribe miconazole cream (same cream that is Monistat 7) to people all the time for tenia pedis (foot fungus) and tinea corporis (fungus anywhere on the skin). There would be no ill affects of putting monistat 7 in other areas of the skin like your scalp. And mixing it wtih grease would not cause some kind of "chemical reaction." You would just be putting the cream in a different medium and actually making the miconazole less concentrated. I don't see any medical harm in trying it. I don't think I will.

But will it actually grow hair? :wasntme:

LondonDiva

I think for those that want to try it and I can see that do because the number of people viewing these threads, should just pick up the cream miconazole nitrate 2%, as opposed to the brand name monistat which is exactly the same thing. I even came across a guinea pig site for guinea pigs losing their hair and monistat 7 was one of those recommended to treat the guinea pigs. In the UK there is a cream called Daktarin which is a cream with miconazole nitrate 2% as the active ingredient and is listed to treat scalp fungus as one of the listed. I think it's more psychological than anything, people just can't get past the name, and what it's used for, but seem to forget it's used for a whole host of fungal ailments.

hairlover

California said:
I'm glad a real Doctor not a hair board doctor gave some breakdown on this. I think I will sell my grease to my friend for what I spent on the stuff. I will instead use the cream alone. I will definitely let everybody know how that works instead. Thanks Dr. Almondjoy! ;)

i'm co-signing

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I guess seeing FOTMs like Adrienne0914, Sherrylove, SuperGirl, Zanna, etc. are not enough... they did not use all this stuff like vagina cream and horse grease to grow their hair extremely long. Plus, I haven't seen one single person who uses these so-called growth products with super long hair like Carlie, mija, hairlove, and others who just simply take care of their hair with regular products.

I agree with Divine_Inspiration when she said:
Divine Inspiration said:
I can't do a whole lot of speaking on this because I don't believe in these kinds of things. I haven't used MTG or taken MSM or any other outrageous/excessive combination of vitamins in hope of dramatic growth. I took biotin for a short while, and quickly nipped that b/c I just don't like takin pills like a 90 year old cancer patient with high blood pressure and diabetes :nono: I've found that eating right, exercising, and maintaining the growth you already have is far more effective than exerting energy applying Doo grow/MSM/Surge/Sulfer 8/MTG/Monistat/Lenzi's Request all mixed up in a bottle to the scalp every night and taking 50 vitamins with 6 protein hair shakes. It just gets to be too much at some point :spinning: ...or does it?
Right on girl!!!

God bless you all with whatever you do with your hair.