MNT users got theirs, so.. OFFICIAL Nexxus Users Club!

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
Those with 4A/4B relaxed hair, what is it about Nexxus that is so great? I know their line is kinda expensive and because I am dealing with EXTREME dryness and Extreme BREAKAGE lately I am trying to find something to help resolve my problems. But I don't want to just go out and splurge without having more information. TIA.

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

Psssst /images/graemlins/sekret.gif...Hey CandyCane...MNT helps with breakage too...and it's cheap...(refer to the pics of heads of hair over at the MNT thread *cough, cough*)

candibaby

dont listen to her. MNT doesnt have a protein conditioner, a heavy duty protein treatment, acidifying conditioner, clarifying shampoo/conditioner, botanic oils, or really MOST OF THE THINGS THAT NEXXUS HAS TO OFFER! Dont let the horse lovers suck you in!

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
Those with 4A/4B relaxed hair, what is it about Nexxus that is so great? I know their line is kinda expensive and because I am dealing with EXTREME dryness and Extreme BREAKAGE lately I am trying to find something to help resolve my problems. But I don't want to just go out and splurge without having more information. TIA.

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

Psssst /images/graemlins/sekret.gif...Hey CandyCane...MNT helps with breakage too...and it's cheap...(refer to the pics of heads of hair over at the MNT thread *cough, cough*)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...I will be back.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
dont listen to her. MNT doesnt have a protein conditioner, a heavy duty protein treatment, acidifying conditioner, clarifying shampoo/conditioner, botanic oils, or really MOST OF THE THINGS THAT NEXXUS HAS TO OFFER! Dont let the horse lovers suck you in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Candibaby literally has me CRYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING at my computer!!!!! Whew!!!!

And for the record...MNT...is a protein conditioner that can also be used as a leave in...*cough*
and if you have a puppy or a horse...they can use it too! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Neroli

Reform, I know you're asking about online stores, if you want to save shipping, lots of local stores carry: Ulta, Penney's, Trade Secret, Wal-Mart salons, I even saw nexxus at my local CVS the other day!!

Online store: www.drugstore.com

candibaby

BUT what if you just want a moisturizing conditioner minus the protein? HUMECTRESS. ENSURE. Not to mention the other LINES nexxus has... want natural ingredients? PHYTO ORGANICS. Want to color your hair? ALOXXI CHROMA. Got a texturizer/curly hair or want to rid the frizzies? RETEXXTUR. Got fine or fragile hair? VITATRESS. Want younger looking hair? Y SERUM. AND THEY GOT LOTION. WHAT! *throws up nexxus sign*

MNT aint got nothin on us! *crip walks out*

pink_flower

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
BUT what if you just want a moisturizing conditioner minus the protein? HUMECTRESS. ENSURE. Not to mention the other LINES nexxus has... want natural ingredients? PHYTO ORGANICS. Want to color your hair? ALOXXI CHROMA. Got a texturizer/curly hair or want to rid the frizzies? RETEXXTUR. Got fine or fragile hair? VITATRESS. Want younger looking hair? Y SERUM. AND THEY GOT LOTION. WHAT! *throws up nexxus sign*

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Okayyyyyy...I'm so laughing....this is too much!
If one wanted a milder MNT...there is the Deep Moisturizing Conditioner.

The illustrious Candibaby makes a valid case for the opposition...as Nexxus does have an extensive line of products.

But...the defense would like to say on MNT's behalf -
Sometimes simplicity and effectiveness, quality and not just quantity, also...can get the job done...without depleting one's pocketbook. Jurors...take that money you would save on buying the whole damn *excuse me*...darn Nexxus line...and use that currency...towards a fierce pocketbook or those boots you've been eyeing.

That's all your Honor. Thank you jurors.

*Mo switches back to defense table with fitted suit and three inch pumps - confers with SG and TammieMatthews*

candibaby

LMAO! Good comeback.. we really should be getting paid for this!

Hmm, but most ladies will agree that they need more than just a shampoo and conditioner to meet their hair care needs. Even IF they used the MNT, what if they wanted a Leave-in? They have more than ONE choice from the Nexxus lines.. in fact they have about 4 or 5 choices, so they'd be sure to find something that works for them. Sure MNT has a stank little Detangler and alleged "Hair Stregthener", but what if you dont want to have to buy TWO different products? ALL Nexxus Leave-ins detangle, condition, protect the hair from heat, AND contain sunscreen for sun protection as well.

ALSO, with Nexxus you dont even actually have to buy a leave-in. Humectress serves that purpose as well, there are many ladies on LHCF that can tell you that!

Sure, you may not be able to buy Nexxus products for $1, but they are generally inexpensive unless you're buying liters or gallons of the product. Wouldn't you rather have a quality salon product if it worked for you?

Besides, wouldnt you feel weird sharing your shampoo with your pet? What if someone asked to borrow your shampoo one day and you responded with "Oh, hold on, Fluffy used it last, let me go get it out of his doghouse for you."?? Imagine the looks you'd get. Please. Save yourself the embarassment ladies!

The point is, your honor, that just because Nexxus has a lot of products, doesnt mean you have to or even need to buy them all. Nexxus was just smart enough to make enough wonderful products so that everyone, regardless of their hair type can find a product that works for them.

That is all, thank you.

*Judge calls recess and CB walks outside to find MILLIONS of horses outside protesting against humans using their stuff!*

*Mariah Carey, Christina Milian, Jill Scott, Tamyra Gray, and Angie Stone proceed to sing the national Nexxus anthem*

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candycane said:
It's a war in these 2 threads. I won't make my alliance known just yet.

candycane

[/ QUOTE ]

Alliance? What is this now, Survivor? LOL.

SouthernGirl

Okay, I've gotta get in on this one! Sorry Mona, you know I've got you're back, but I went to see Blade Trinity last night.

Okay, so back to the matter at hand... Candycane, if you want a long, beautiful, thick, lush mane, come over to our side and give Mane N Tail a try! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I know, I must sound like an infomercial, but hear me out.

I believe that I am fully qualified to make these claims (not because I'm living proof- I won't EVEN go there because I'm a work in progress), but because I have used both lines. Not only that, I will pay any price for haircare that gives me great results! Want to know what's sitting under my counter right now (well actually, it's been moved from under the bathroom counter and into the bag it came in when I purchased it along with the reciept /images/graemlins/smile.gif)? A bunch of Nexxus stuff! I'd planned on taking it back, but I found out one of my coworkers uses it so I'm giving it to her. I have the following:

-Humectress
-Keraphix
-Botanoil
-Ensure

Now, I'm not a hypocrite, and I know I've said good things about this line, and I still hold true to my original comments. However, after using MNT with great results, then giving Nexxus a try again because I thought it was time for a deep conditioning/reconstructive treatment, I used the Botanoil, followed by Keraphix, then a bit of Humectress as a leave-in. I had more shedding hair than the whole month I'd been using MNT again! I say again, because this is the product I used several years ago and my hair was the longest, healthiest it had ever been (which is why I went back).

So, if you're looking for a great product that will give you great results (just look at our thread filled with plenty of testimonials), just give it a try. If you don't like it, just use Nexxus!

Now, I hope I haven't offended any of my Nexxus friends, I love you guys, I just couldn't stand by and watch my girl, and official LHCF-MNT Chief Financial Officer address these concerns alone.

This is fun, but I'm going back over to the "other side" /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
SG

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
Nexxus Users /images/graemlins/wave.gif:
How do you make the Protopak? Is it half Keraphix and half Humectress? Or is there more of one than the other?

sbg4evr

I am an addict too. I surf Ebay looking for Nexxus on a daily basis. Right now I am watching 2 auctions for a gallon of Humectress.

Shampoos
-Botanoil
-Therappe

Conditioners
-Humectress
-Keraphix

Cincysweetie

I too am a fan of Nexxus. I had never used the products until I started coming to hairboards. I used Therappe, Humectress, KerapHix, and Emergencee. Next I would like to try Headress.

I also wanted to add that you all are SO FUNNY!!! I loved the whole "throws up the Nexxus sign" and "crip walks out"....too much! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MonaLisa

I'm still curious as what da *&*((& a Nexxus sign looks like with fingers... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

What iz dat? Interlocking fingers to make the X's???

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
reformatio said:
Nexxus Users /images/graemlins/wave.gif:
How do you make the Protopak? Is it half Keraphix and half Humectress? Or is there more of one than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont have to use any set amount, or at least I don't. My stylist is the one who told me to do it that way and she didnt have a set amount either. I just slather Keraphix on first, then Humectress. Works fine for me. It would still be just the same if you wanted to make sure you use equal amounts of each products as well.

Mona--- cross your middle finger over your index finger and your 4th finger over your pinkie finger and stick your thumb all the way out. BOOYAH! /images/graemlins/weird.gif (i hope that isnt an actual gang sign! lol)

Anywho, I'd greatly appreciate it if you and SG would go back to the dark side.. it's starting to smell like horse manure. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/barf.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
Anywho, I'd greatly appreciate it if you and SG would go back to the dark side.. it's starting to smell like horse manure. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/barf.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Daaaaaaaaang son...it's like dat??? It's gettin like BANANASSSSSSS....

*Random horse breaks free and finds Candibaby's pinky toe...*

Random horse: "insert whinny horse noise here" translates to "Smell this...*

MonaLisa

It's all good SG. I think we smell just fine. And we'll smell even better because we can buy fragrances with all the money we save from using MNT...

candibaby

LOL @ Mona! Yeaaaaah shawday it's like that, you got the horses comin after me now? That's aiight, I'm sure I can recruit some Sumo wrestlers or somethin to take yall on!

I went to the store and smelled the MNT and it does smell though. (to me) /images/graemlins/barf.gif

Nexxus products smell wonderful!

MonaLisa

No doubt! No doubt Shorty! Nexxus smells like roses...

*Is that Outkast I hear??? "Roses really smell like....(&*(*(&* Nah, for real - Nexxus smells great.

MNT doesn't bother me, I just think about the heads of hair on SouthernGirl, MrsLee...and the smell seems just fine to me.

Peace and Blessings to all Nexxus users.

Namaste.

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Okay, I've gotta get in on this one! Sorry Mona, you know I've got you're back, but I went to see Blade Trinity last night.

Okay, so back to the matter at hand... Candycane, if you want a long, beautiful, thick, lush mane, come over to our side and give Mane N Tail a try! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I know, I must sound like an infomercial, but hear me out.

I believe that I am fully qualified to make these claims (not because I'm living proof- I won't EVEN go there because I'm a work in progress), but because I have used both lines. Not only that, I will pay any price for haircare that gives me great results! Want to know what's sitting under my counter right now (well actually, it's been moved from under the bathroom counter and into the bag it came in when I purchased it along with the reciept /images/graemlins/smile.gif)? A bunch of Nexxus stuff! I'd planned on taking it back, but I found out one of my coworkers uses it so I'm giving it to her. I have the following:

-Humectress
-Keraphix
-Botanoil
-Ensure

Now, I'm not a hypocrite, and I know I've said good things about this line, and I still hold true to my original comments. However, after using MNT with great results, then giving Nexxus a try again because I thought it was time for a deep conditioning/reconstructive treatment, I used the Botanoil, followed by Keraphix, then a bit of Humectress as a leave-in. I had more shedding hair than the whole month I'd been using MNT again! I say again, because this is the product I used several years ago and my hair was the longest, healthiest it had ever been (which is why I went back).

So, if you're looking for a great product that will give you great results (just look at our thread filled with plenty of testimonials), just give it a try. If you don't like it, just use Nexxus!

Now, I hope I haven't offended any of my Nexxus friends, I love you guys, I just couldn't stand by and watch my girl, and official LHCF-MNT Chief Financial Officer address these concerns alone.

This is fun, but I'm going back over to the "other side" /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif
SG

[/ QUOTE ]

MNT users and Nexxus users have made such good points and have me so confused. So confused in fact, that I went out and bought the MNT conditioner AND Keraphix, Aloe Rid, Therappe and Humectress. Now I just have to give them both a try before I can decide which "side" I am going to side with. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candycane

candibaby

look at that.. she bought more Nexxus than she did MNT. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You seem to forget about members like DatJerseyDyme and Sengschick who are Nexxus lovers as well who also have gorgeous heads of hair.

But you have to remember: what works for one will not necessarily work for another.

.. (but at least with Nexxus you have a better chance of finding a product that works for you) GO NEXXUS!

Yall know i had to throw that one in /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

what happened to "i stay out of your thread you stay out of mine?" i stayed out.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
look at that.. she bought more Nexxus than she did MNT. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You seem to forget about members like DatJerseyDyme and Sengschick who are Nexxus lovers as well who also have gorgeous heads of hair.

But you have to remember: what works for one will not necessarily work for another.

.. (but at least with Nexxus you have a better chance of finding a product that works for you) GO NEXXUS!

Yall know i had to throw that one in /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

what happened to "i stay out of your thread you stay out of mine?" i stayed out.. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True. What works for one head, differs from another. My head is more like SG's and MrsLee...so you're right - we have similar heads so we took to the same product.

Staying out now. Although I personally never made that statement.

Happy Hair Growing to all no matter what product you use. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Namaste.

candibaby

The same to you Mona.. and I hope you reach your Armpit length goal next year! /images/graemlins/smile.gif (btw, when i first read it i thought you meant healthy armpit hair.. i was like.. OMG it's not just about the hair on our heads anymore? i'm seriously trippin off somethin.)