Any Nexxus and/or Biolage Users?

IWantBSl09

eventhough im considered a "newbie" i have been lurking on this forum for a while. I must thank you all for the wonderful breathe of knowledge! My hair is responding pretty good to the things I've picked up on this forum. I have a question though, I would like to know if there are any Nexxus Humectress users? I just bought some and would like to see if anyone else uses it. The Humecto from Keracare seems to be more popular on this thread so I was just wondering if anyone uses Humectress. I also would like to know if any one (esp relaxed) use Biolagie? I remember reading a post on here about the importance of ceramides for relaxed hair and Biolage has a fortifying shampoo and conditioner made with ceramides so I was wondering if anyone used this line as well? Thanks!

The Princess

eventhough im considered a "newbie" i have been lurking on this forum for a while. I must thank you all for the wonderful breathe of knowledge! My hair is responding pretty good to the things I've picked up on this forum. I have a question though, I would like to know if there are any Nexxus Humectress users? I just bought some and would like to see if anyone else uses it. The Humecto from Keracare seems to be more popular on this thread so I was just wondering if anyone uses Humectress. I also would like to know if any one (esp relaxed) use Biolagie? I remember reading a post on here about the importance of ceramides for relaxed hair and Biolage has a fortifying shampoo and conditioner made with ceramides so I was wondering if anyone used this line as well? Thanks!

Welcome to the club, I just recently joined myself and im addicated too, and learning at the same time. Okay back to your question.

I uses Nexus Humectress and i feel it works pretty good and it keep my hair very moisturize. However the downfall its very expensive, Im pretty sure you can find a cheaper version that does the same thing. I just start using the Nexxus line after reading the Shamboosie book, so far so good. I haven't even went through the first bottle. The biggest I have notice is the moisturize. Which is always good for my hair. Its also good for chemical use hair. Im pretty sure you can find a cheaper kind and get a good leave in conditioner.

PassionFruit

I used Biolage for my DCs...it was OK... didnt make me do backflips but I wouldnt turn it down...

I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin... similar to Humectress... LOVE IT, its my staple moisturizing conditioner ( well I use the entire Nexxus Phyto line)

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Relaxed head welcoming you to the forum. :)

I use Humectress, Headress, and Aloe Rid. Love, love, love it. Been using these for years.

I have never used Biolage. I don't plan on trying anything else. Nexxus is working just fine for me.

Why fix what's not broken. :grin:

Happy Hair growing.

IWantBSl09

Welcome to the club, I just recently joined myself and im addicated too, and learning at the same time. Okay back to your question.

I uses Nexus Humectress and i feel it works pretty good and it keep my hair very moisturize. However the downfall its very expensive, Im pretty sure you can find a cheaper version that does the same thing. I just start using the Nexxus line after reading the Shamboosie book, so far so good. I haven't even went through the first bottle. The biggest I have notice is the moisturize. Which is always good for my hair. Its also good for chemical use hair. Im pretty sure you can find a cheaper kind and get a good leave in conditioner.

I don't really mind the price. Trust me I've spent more on a conditioner (Beauty 4 Ashes - which I will never buy again - no slip and left my hair a tangled mess). But I am glad Nexxuss line is working for you! I can't wait to try mine starting in June! I bought the Humectress for DC'ing because I read somewhere that when it comes to DC'ing you shouldnt settle for the cheap stuff (like Suave, VO5, etc).

IWantBSl09

I used Biolage for my DCs...it was OK... didnt make me do backflips but I wouldnt turn it down...

I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin... similar to Humectress... LOVE IT, its my staple moisturizing conditioner ( well I use the entire Nexxus Phyto line)

Hmmm, that must a new line because I haven't seen that one yet...i must tame the product junkie in me!

IWantBSl09

Relaxed head welcoming you to the forum. :)

I use Humectress, Headress, and Aloe Rid. Love, love, love it. Been using these for years.

I have never used Biolage. I don't plan on trying anything else. Nexxus is working just fine for me.

Why fix what's not broken. :grin:

Happy Hair growing.

Relaxed heads unite! lol, no but seriously it seems like everyone on this forum is natural. Made me contemplate going natural for a minute, but maybe when I'm older or something..for right now I want to see how long my relaxed hair can get. But I'm glad to hear you and the other ladies are doing good with Nexxus! I hope I have the same results!

belleama

Last month I switched over to Nexxus and I :love: it! Now Nexxus and ION are my staple brands. A little pricey but absolutely devine. :grin:

To me Nexxus was in line right beside Hello Hydration except it costs way more for the same feel afterwards. Another thing I realized it that I like Humecto in the tub better. I could buy the tub (which lasts me for a year if not more) versus buying 2 bottles of Nexxus (Ive had my bottle for a month and half of it is gone). Humecto is thicker and creamier and a better bargain for me. I never tried biolage but I think Im gonna stick with humecto.

The Princess

I don't really mind the price. Trust me I've spent more on a conditioner (Beauty 4 Ashes - which I will never buy again - no slip and left my hair a tangled mess). But I am glad Nexxuss line is working for you! I can't wait to try mine starting in June! I bought the Humectress for DC'ing because I read somewhere that when it comes to DC'ing you shouldnt settle for the cheap stuff (like Suave, VO5, etc).

Yeah you are right, I heard the same thing buy cheap shampoo but its worth to buy the good stuff when it comes to conditioner, and I just used it again tonite, and I feel its worth it.

SmartyPants

I use the entire Nexxus original line:

Therapee = Moisturizing Shampoo

Aloe Rid = Clarifying Shampoo

Keraphix = Light Protein Conditioner

Emergencee = Heavy Protein Conditioner (and it doesn't stink like Aphogee)

Humectress = Moisturizing Conditioner

Humectress LUXE = Leave-in Conditioner

I was going to switch over to KeraCare which is supposed to be slightly better, but I would have to order it and I can get the Humectress and Therapee from Sam's Club for much cheaper. I am happy with the way the Nexxus products are leaving my hair.

back2relaxed

I use both actually. I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin and Theratin almost weekly. They provide more moisture than most of my brands that I own. I use Biolage Deep Penetrating Balm? for DCs when I need extra moisture. Another set that I love for moisture, especially when I have a lot of new growth and plan to wear my hair straight is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line...good stuff...