MNT users got theirs, so.. OFFICIAL Nexxus Users Club!

candibaby

Okay, how about all the Nexxus users and fanatics post here about the advantages, disadvantages, what products they use, and what products they'd like to try?! And if someone else has tried it, they can get something like a mini review of the product!

I already know me & DatJerseyDyme are Nexxus fanatics, anyone else?? I KNOW YALL ARE OUT THERE! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tene

I love Nexxus, I use Nexxus Therappe, Nexxus Humectress, Nexxus Keraphix, and Nexxus Botanoil and I love them. I want to try Nexxus Emergencee, Nexxus Headress, Nexxus Ensure and others.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I'm a recent Nexxus converter. I started using Nexxus this past September. I use Therappe, Humectress, Botanoil, Ensure, Emergencee and Keraphix. I have gotten very good results. Count me in.

pink_flower

Checking in /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I love the Therappe and Humectress combo. I was using Kerphix (which I liked) until I got Emergencee. Emergencee is excellent for a montly treatment

I could never find my staple shampoo but Therappe is it! My hair is clean, moisturized and tangle free.

My hair is also thick and I like how Humectress decreases the bulk. Its also very moisturizing and I like how it contains a little bit of protein.

I also use Botanic Oil for air drying, blow drying or rollersets. It leaves my hair like silk without the greasy feeling. It really sinks into my hair and you dont need too much, so it lasts a long time.

I have used a sample of Aloe rid(clarifier) and it left my hair squeaky clean, which is like /images/graemlins/up.gif I plan to purchase a bottle when my sis gives me a Trade Secret gift card for xmas /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

candibaby

I've tried most things from their main line (Therappe, Botanoil, Humectress, Ensure, Headress, Keraphix, Emergencee) and a couple from the Phyto Organics line (Enphuse, Necatress, Hydruss) .. but nothing else. What about the Rextexxtur line? Or the Aloxxi Chrome colors? Anybody tried them?

ps: that keraphix/humectress protopak is BOMB! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oglorious1

Mixologist
Vitatress Biotin Creme is the bomb, my hair is growing in nice and thick along with a few gray hairs here and there, but my hair has gotten longer since using it, I started mixing it with my new grease replacement concotion.

candibaby

oglorius, what's your grease replacement concoction? i want to try the Biotin Creme, to keep my edges from thinning or becoming non-existent from all the braids I plan to wear in 05 to reach brastrap/start transitioning.

does it make your scalp itch like Surge?

DatJerseyDyme

You know I'm THERE! I've tried Therappe, Humectress, Keraphix, Keraphix and Humectress together, Emergencee, Aloe Rid, and Headress. The only thing I'm not using now is the Aloe rid cause I found something that made my scalp tingle instead. I want to try the ensure..but IDK if I'll ever get around to it.

webby

Think Slim
/images/graemlins/wave.gif
I love Nexxus. I use Keraphix and Emergencee to combat thedding. I Humectress as a leave in for moisture. I also use Biotin Creme on my edges, which started to thin a little with the post-partum shedding.

candibaby

I like Ensure, but I realized that there's not too much of a point in me using it when I use a leave-in conditioner afterwards.. they both serve the same purpose: to close the cuticle. I quit using Ensure when the bottle went empty.

When yall say Aloe Rid are yall talking about the shampoo or the conditioner?

SouthernGirl

Hey Candibaby,

I don't use Nexxus anymore, but I just wanted to tell you I love this thread!! You go girl. /images/graemlins/smile.gifMaybe we'll have several different product threads like this that we can all use for reference purposes.
SG

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I'm going to start of by saying 'I Love Nexxus' /images/graemlins/love.gif. They are one of the best hair care companies [which I know from first hand experience /images/graemlins/grin.gif]. My Nexxus ‘arsenal’ consists of:

Botanic Oil, Essential Natural Oil Replenisher
Therappe, Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo
Humectress, Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner
Epitome, Botanical Reconstructor
Keraphix, Restorative Protein Crème Reconstructor
Emergencee, Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

The Therappe & Humectress [especially this] do a really good job of moisturizing my hair. They also smell great, like cotton candy /images/graemlins/lick.gif. The Botanic Oil makes my hair feel conditioned and pliable between washes. I did not really have a good experience with the Epitome. I'm still going to keep it though and use it to make the Nexxus Omni-Pak. The Keraphix did a good job of strengthening my hair. I have not used the Emergencee yet. There was no need since Keraphix did such a good job. This concludes my Nexxus rave /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Shawnee66

I just recently became a Nexxus user. So far I've tried Therappe, Botanoil Shampoo, Keraphix, Humectress, Ensure, Emergencee, Headress, Botonic Oil and Biotin creme.

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
I don't use Nexxus anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

that just hurt my heart. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif nah j/p.

Oh goodness, I shouldnt have even started thinking about more Nexxus products, especially since I will be at Trade Secret this weekend to buy another liter of Keraphix. Now I have to add Botanic Oil, Biotin Creme, and Aloe Rid to my list. I'm gonna be one broke sista--oh wait I have giftcards! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
I don't use Nexxus anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

that just hurt my heart. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif nah j/p.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck was I thinking?? I'd better get outta this thread before I get tossed out! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Humectress and Keraphix were great when I used them. Lemme stop digging the hole deeper- back to the MNT thread where I belong. Carry on!

oglorious1

Mixologist
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
oglorius, what's your grease replacement concoction? i want to try the Biotin Creme, to keep my edges from thinning or becoming non-existent from all the braids I plan to wear in 05 to reach brastrap/start transitioning.

does it make your scalp itch like Surge?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stuff I mixed it with a lot of people on the forum don't use so I guess you can call this an "oddball" mixture.. Take the entire tube of Biotin Creme and squeeze it into an empty hair grease jar, then take half a jar of Black Seed Oil Pomade and a half a jar of Hairobics Scalp Booster and add some Wild Growth Oil or any oil(EVOO, Castro,etc.) you like and mix it together until you get a creamy consistency, I wanted to use it on my entire scalp and this was the best way to get the best bang for my $10.00 buck, that little tube of Biotin Creme runs anywhere from $10-12 dollars, I had all this stuff laying around and just mixed it together.

ChasingBliss

Im a recent Nexxus convert as well. I'll be using this line as long as my hair continues to respond well to it.

dreemssold

I thought I was a Nexxus fiend...you all have the whole Nexxus store at home! My staples are: Therappe, Humectress, and thanks to one of Kitchen_tician's contributions to the ATL meet and greet, I have just added Aloe Rid to the list. Best clarifier ever, imo /images/graemlins/up.gif. Next on my list is the Vitatress Biotin Cream. I keep meaning to get this stuff /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif.

sunkissd

My mom always used Nexxas products on my hair as I was growing up. Since I started on this quest for long healthy hair I have rediscovered Nexxas. I am using Therapee and Botanoil Shampoo. Humectress, Keraphix and Emergencee conditioners and Biotin creme. My hairs loves it.

PrettyBrownEyes

The Botanoil Shampoo is my staple shampoo. I also use the Aloe Rid Shampoo to clarify. I just finished my Keraphix over the weekend and I'm not planning to re-stock that one for awhile.

lunalight7

I like Headdress and Humectress, love Keraphix and Ensure. I also use the Biotin Creme and I recently began to like Botanoil Shampoo. I want to try Emergencee next...also, I am fiending to try the Nexxus Y Serum that someone raved about a while back...

Nenah

[ QUOTE ]
oglorious1 said:
Vitatress Biotin Creme is the bomb, my hair is growing in nice and thick along with a few gray hairs here and there, but my hair has gotten longer since using it,/quote]

/images/graemlins/smile.gifI love the Biotin Creme as well it has my roots more thicker I'm going to try the Therappe(sp) shampoo because I'm looking for moisture and I've heard raves on this.

sengschick

The Bun Master
How did you forget me Candibaby?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm an Official Nexxus Lover/User. My staple products are Therrape, Botanoil, Humectress, Keraphix and Emergencee. I also use Botanic Oil and mix it w/Humectress and/or a Humect-Keraphix treat. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jasmin

I rediscovered Nexxus not to long ago. Therape, Humectress and Keraphix are staples in my rotation. I just bought the Botanoil shampoo. My hair has gotten thicker since using this line again.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
divine said:
Membership is looking kinda low......
and one more thing
MNT <font color="red"> MNT </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Now we have turf wars! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Neroli

I LOVE LOVE nexxus -- been in love for over 10 years and counting. I have strayed many times but ALWAYS come back to my first love. My 4b hair hates 'cones and most of the products in the main line do not have 'cones and perhaps that's why my hair loves it -- it's getting harder and harder to find products without 'cones! I have not tried the other nexxus line, phyto, vitatress, etc, because most of those do have 'cones. My holy grails are:

THE BASICS:
-therappe
-humectress
-headdress
-botanoil: occasionally when I need "extra" cleansing

THE PROTEINS:
-emergencee
-keraphix
-epitome: occasionally when I do an omni-pak treatment

THE EXTRAS
-ensure: regularly as final rinse to close cuticles
-botanic oil: occasionally when I need oil on hair only
-aloe rid: for clarifying, follow w/therappe -- excellent!
-simply silver: awesome highlights for the lovely gray hairs at my temples -- I love the gray and this 'poo makes them really shine . . .

I don't think I've missed anything . . .