Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManiiSweetheart

What is your current length?
- Newly APL

How long have you used in MN?
-Never have..but i will start This weekend :grin::grin:

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
- I was thinking Starting off will a "low dosage" MN mix and every time i make a new batch add more MN and less sulfur powder, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Wild Hair Growth Oil, and End Mender leave-in.

What frequency will you apply it?
- Before bed every day

Any other growth aids that you are using?
- Multivitamin, Biotin, MSM

Anything else you care to add
-Mhmm I can't WAIT to see these results!!!!!:lick:

Attachments

• image-3559498556.jpg
    image-3559498556.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

Okay maybe I underestimated myself by saying 1.5 from APL ... What do y'all think??

Attachments

• image-414879127.jpg
    image-414879127.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2086341588.jpg
    image-2086341588.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 49

jessicarabbit

checking in. just applied my castor oil, sulfur, mn mix to my entire scalp, put a baggy and scarf on, now im off to bed!

SoopremeBeing

Here's my info and starting pic

What is your current length? Neck length

How long have you used in MN? This will be my first time using it.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I will mix mine with Vitamin E oil

What frequency will you apply it? I will start with 3 times a week, and if I don't experience any of the side effects, I will stay at 3x a week

Any other growth aids that you are using? Megatek, Wild Growth oil, Biotin

Anything else you care to add: I am getting my hair done in kinky twists tomorrow, so for the first reveal, I will take pictures of my nape(if my nape can grow can MN, then everything else should!)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Can I join ladies?

What is your current length? Um Idk lol just did a light flat iron last nite so starting pic below.
How long have you used in MN? Will purchase tonite
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? Mixed with maybe some castor oil
What frequency will you apply it? 2-3 times a week
Any other growth aids that you are using? not at the moment
Anything else you care to add: Nope! Happy growing!

Attachments

• IMG_20120517_175839.jpg
    IMG_20120517_175839.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Funmiloves

Checking in. I definitely see some growth in the middle of my head, but I'm not so sure about the back and sides :ohwell:

Anyway, will be doing a Henna and DC tomorrow and will continue with MN as planned.

erinmeng

So I've been doing the miconazole nitrate 2% for almost 3 weeks and i'm almost done with my first tube. I use the CVS generic MN 7 2%
and have seen NO new hair growth. I got my roots done on the first and was expecting to see at least a quarter of an inch by now 18 days later.

I put the MN in a color applicator bottle (i count to 3, thats how i've been measuring) and just enough warm water to dilute the cream. I've been doing this every night since i started. I put the solution on my scalp and massage it in.

Should i upgrade to the 4%? should i try putting the cream directly on my scalp? Maybe i just got a bad batch of the cream? am i doing something wrong? :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed :perplexed

Has anyone else had this problem? does it start off slow then all of a sudden BAM new hair growth like crazy

All advice/help is so appreciated!!!

Thanks

jprayze

erinmeng said:
So I've been doing the miconazole nitrate 2% for almost 3 weeks and i'm almost done with my first tube. I use the CVS generic MN 7 2%
and have seen NO new hair growth. I got my roots done on the first and was expecting to see at least a quarter of an inch by now 18 days later.

I put the MN in a color applicator bottle (i count to 3, thats how i've been measuring) and just enough warm water to dilute the cream. I've been doing this every night since i started. I put the solution on my scalp and massage it in.

Should i upgrade to the 4%? should i try putting the cream directly on my scalp? Maybe i just got a bad batch of the cream? am i doing something wrong? :perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed :perplexed

Has anyone else had this problem? does it start off slow then all of a sudden BAM new hair growth like crazy

All advice/help is so appreciated!!!

Thanks http://www.longhaircareforum.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=15968917

erinmeng can tell us more about ur regi besides the MN?
Do you know your regular growth rate?

erinmeng

jprayze
Im taking biotin, folic acid, hair skin and nails vitamins. I wash my hair every 3rd day. i use sulfate free shampoo. I deep condition with moroccan repair and hydrate. I use hair mayo from organic roots..I have wild hair growth oil that i use the night before i shampoo.
My hair growth is kinda on the slower side. about 3/4 of an inch every 6-8 inches

NaiyaAi
The water is luke warm from the bathroom sink. How i measure the MN into my color app bottle is i count to three (1,2,3) then just enough water to dilute the MN cream. I can have less then an ounce to an ounce of liquid in my bottle

BBritdenise

I want in! I NEED some hair. I love my texture but I hate my length... Idk what to doabout it. So I'm trying this now...

What is your current length?
Barely SL... maybe even NL... I just cut about 2 in off the end because they were dead and uneven
How long have you used in MN?
Just started today May 18th
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I used it directly today... Gave me a bit of a headache. I may decide to mix later
What frequency will you apply it?
I plan to apply it at least 4x per week before bed
Any other growth aids that you are using?
Prenatals because I'm breastfeeding.
Anything else you care to add:
I condition my hair multiple times per week with olive oil moisturizing conditioner. I alsouse olive oil. Im natural... No perms in like 3 years. I usually wet and go. I flatironed to trim but I don't apply any heat to my hair normally. I don't even blow dry.

Attachments

• image-3778372878.jpg
    image-3778372878.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image-2132586648.jpg
    image-2132586648.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 38

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have only 1/2 an ounce left and need to reup ASAP.

I am going to order from off Amazon at the end of this month but until then I will check my momma to see if she has a tube, if not then Family Dollar I go.

NaiyaAi

Does anyone know if clotrimazole will work in a similar way? I went to my dollar store but they only had clotrimazole, no MN. =(

Mjon912

This challenge keeps calling my name... Sooo since I just washed my hair(still sitting under the dryer) I guess I'll start =)

What is your current length?almost APL...1inch away
How long have you used in MN?starting tonight!!!!
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?I'm going to mix it with some oils I already have, not sure what tho...I will eta what oils I use**i decided to mix it with half of a jar of BB Super Gro and then after I've massaged it in put some dr. Miracles go oil on my scalp and rub it in
What frequency will you apply it?I think I'll start with ever other day...then move to everyday, then 2x a day
Any other growth aids that you are using?dr miracles Gro oil and supplements
Anything else you care to add: I'm hoping to make BSL by dec but hopefully with this challenge and everything else I'm doing I hope to get there by oct, sept would be great too!!!

I've heard of people getting bad headaches while using this and getting dry scalp which is why I'll be starting of every other day...I still feel a little weird putting vaginal cream on my head lol

Etahow often are you guys washing your hair? I normally wash once a week...do I need to wash more? I'm relaxed and my hair doesn't respond well to co washing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.