Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamaore

Check in. I applied MN 5 times last week. My mix is almost finished. I havent seen any noticebale growth yet. But its only been one week.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Anyone using MN spray? Like the kind in the athlete's foot section? I find this easier to apply vs.tube and it also last longer.

I used to use the spray and put oil ovr it to help mix it in. I gt the same results as I did using the cream, I might havr to start up using mn again I found sum spray that I bought not that long ago. Waste not lol

Yes it last longer and from my point of view and less mess the nozzle on my spray can is quite precise. bonus.

Mane Event
kinky curlygenie

Is the focus on your scalp or is that something you cant control? Just asking b/c I know ladies were saying stuff about the drying effect and wondered how that works.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover I only put it on my scalp because it can be drying if u cnt follow up wth moisturiser all the time. But I always put oil on aftr and massage

Are u using cream or spray??

kinky curlygenie, Cream. Just because I had a little bottle at home already.
Hmmmm, I am wondering could I spray the contents of the spray into my bottle and use it that way :look:.

My cream is mixed and I know I dont wanna have to do steps.....
I already spray my hair with spritz then apply MN to my scalp in btwn my braids and thats it.

deedoswell

Hmm, maybe I don't have enough MN in my mix because I don't get the drying effect at all? I think I have oil overload!

jprayze

I always have to catch up on all the happenings over the weekend...I don't get on much on the weekends. Hope all of you ladies had a happy Mother's Day! I'm not a mother myself (yet), but I mother everybody LOL

Anyway, I don't get the drying effect either because I usually follow-up with oil...like massage MN and then apply oil immediately afterwards.

I've never felt a tingle; I thnk you have to put something 'tingly' in your mix...

jprayze

I was getting anxious so I took a pic! April 25 was where I left off in the opening post pics and to me, my hair looked like it was struggling for lack of a better word. After taking that pics, I dusted my ends and kept applying my MN for the most part, 2 times a day. I'm really happy with the results. The length isn't a dramatic difference (maybe because of the dusting and it's only been less than 3 weeks), but I've loving the fullness, it looks like all the ends are catching up with each other. I think I will definitely hit APL in June.:grin:

BTW: I plan to dust again soon to stay on top of my ends.

maystatus.jpg

marta9227

I'm in! I'll probably wait to check in officially on July 1st since June is right around the corner.

Currently bsl, short term goal is MBL plan to be waist length by the end of the year. Using mn/sulfur mix twice a day along with taking MSM, silica and biotin. I baggy bun 5 days a week. Been using MN for a couple weeks now.

ForumRunner_20120514_230407.jpg

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I always have to catch up on all the happenings over the weekend...I don't get on much on the weekends. Hope all of you ladies had a happy Mother's Day! I'm not a mother myself (yet), but I mother everybody LOL

Anyway, I don't get the drying effect either because I usually follow-up with oil...like massage MN and then apply oil immediately afterwards.

I've never felt a tingle; I thnk you have to put something 'tingly' in your mix...

jprayze, may add some peppermint oil to it then.

I was getting anxious so I took a pic! April 25 was where I left off in the opening post pics and to me, my hair looked like it was struggling for lack of a better word. After taking that pics, I dusted my ends and kept applying my MN for the most part, 2 times a day. I'm really happy with the results. The length isn't a dramatic difference (maybe because of the dusting and it's only been less than 3 weeks), but I've loving the fullness, it looks like all the ends are catching up with each other. I think I will definitely hit APL in June.:grin:

BTW: I plan to dust again soon to stay on top of my ends.

How often are you dusting?

marta9227

lindsaywhat said:
marta9227 beautiful hair!

Thanks! I've been transitioning without big chop for six months now, so still trying to figure that whole thing out. Hope mn will give me a big growth spurt! I'm a big fan of your gorgeous hair. God bless!

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

jprayze

ZebraPrintLover said:
jprayze, may add some peppermint oil to it then.

How often are you dusting?

ZebraPrintLover I just started...but right now I'm thinking every 3-4 weeks so I'm due for a dusting this week. Hoping that will reduce the amount of actual trims i need...last trim was at the end of February.

jprayze

mamaore said:
Check in. I applied MN 5 times last week. My mix is almost finished. I havent seen any noticebale growth yet. But its only been one week.

I'm sure you will see some growth soon :)

ycj1

Hello Everyone.

I am a newbie and I read all 54 pages of the MN Challenge. That's all I've been doing at work for the past 3 days. LOL. I actually started on Sunday, the 29th. I brought Giant's brand of MN and mixed the entire tube into B&B Super Grow in the blue container. I had the dull headaches all day long on Mon, Tues and Wed. So, last night I went and brought Doo Gro Super Growth Hair oil and mixed almost half of that into my misture. Let's see if I have any headaches today. Last night I went to the Dollar Tree in Marlow Heights Shopping Center (in MD, PG County) and I brought 6 boxes of their vagie cream and 6 boxes of their athlete's feet cream. When I got to the register, the woman looked up at me and I know she was saying to herself, "What in the hell kind of infection she got?" LMBO. I was laughing so hard on the inside. I walked out the door with a big old smile and a big old secret. :). So, I am entering the challenge and her is my info:

What is your current length? Past Shoulders; longest part just past armpits.
How long have you used in MN? 4 days
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? entire tube of MN into entire jar of B&B Super Grow along with half a bottle of Doo Gro Super Growth Hair oil
What frequency will you apply it? Every night. Starting Sunday, May 6, morning & night.
Any other growth aids that you are using? No.
Anything else you care to add: I just brought the Doo Gro growth shampoo and deep conditioner that I will add to my regimen. Along with my every 6 week Afogee Treatments.

BTW, what do the abbreviations for the hair lengths mean(APL, etc)? Also, how do you post pictures?

Thanks so much Ladies!!!
Dang girl, I was laughing so hard good thing I just used the bathroom before I read yr post!

ycj1

I would also like to join this challenge. I know I'm late but it has taken me yr's to even fathom using it on my scalp

OK here are my stats:

current length nl

just started using it on and off since last week

mine is mixed with bhringgraj oil, pepperment oil, lavender oil, and to extend it I use shea moisture thickening growth milk

I use it 1-2 times a day every day

I also take 2x a day country life maxi hair vit.

I know I have a lonnnnnnnng way to go but also had many setbacks I think due to my diabetes IDK

12 may 2012 hair 006.jpg

Attachments

• 12 may 2012 hair 001.jpg
    12 may 2012 hair 001.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

jprayze

ycj1 said:
I would also like to join this challenge. I know I'm late but it has taken me yr's to even fathom using it on my scalp

OK here are my stats:

current length nl

just started using it on and off since last week

mine is mixed with bhringgraj oil, pepperment oil, lavender oil, and to extend it I use shea moisture thickening growth milk

I use it 1-2 times a day every day

I also take 2x a day country life maxi hair vit.

I know I have a lonnnnnnnng way to go but also had many setbacks I think due to my diabetes IDK

ycj1 ur pull looks like almost SL to me! Welcome!!! How do you like the shea moisture thickening growth milk? I keep seeing the products at target...

jprayze

Veeda idk if anyone responded to you before but the hair abbreviations are NL (neck length), SL (shoulder), APL (armpit length), BSL (brastrap length) or BSB (below shoulder blade, MBL (mid back length) WL (waist), TBL (tailbone length), and HL (hip).
Whew did I miss any?

mamaore

@Veeda idk if anyone responded to you before but the hair abbreviations are NL (neck length), SL (shoulder), APL (armpit length), BSL (brastrap length) or BSB (below shoulder blade, MBL (mid back length) WL (waist), TBL (tailbone length), and HL (hip).
Whew did I miss any?

CBL - Collarbone length

ZebraPrintLover, I think I get the tingling effcet because I added essential oils to my mix. I dont have my journal here but I think I added Lavender, Peppermint and Teatree essential oil (EO) to my mix. So that could be causing the tingles. I know I get the tingles when I add them to my DC.

The other thing I noticed with my mix is itching. I start itching within 10-15 minutes of applying it and it doesnt stop for a while sometimes till the next morning.

I'm trying to figure out the reason for the itches but I havent nailed it down yet. I will be eliminating the EO's from my next mix because that is the only new thing I have not left on my hair. I typically wash out EO's with my DC. Maybe I used too much of the EO's :ohwell:

Anyway, I am 2 weeks post and I have not noticed any new growth yet. Normally my new growth doesn't start coming in until 6 weeks post.

Veeda

Here is my 2 week check-in. I started the MN Challenge a few days before May 1st. I used the following mixture just on my temples because I was afraid for some reason :lol:

1 tube of MN (Giant Brand)
1 jar of B&B Super Grow (Blue & White jar)
2 or so tablespoons of Doo Gro Moisturizing Growth Oil
2 or so tablespoons of the Jamaican Black Castor Oil (just added on 5/13/12)

I started using on my entire head this past Sunday (5/13/12) Mother's Day after my fresh, self relaxer. My head is itching like crazy! I will post my next set of pics on the 29th,

Check my photos out.

Attachments

• before & after - 5-15-12.bmp
    243.2 KB · Views: 69

ycj1

ycj1 ur pull looks like almost SL to me! Welcome!!! How do you like the shea moisture thickening growth milk? I keep seeing the products at target...
I only claim nl bc my entire length is not even down to sl and I had to do another chop back in Oct 2011 bc of severly damaged ends. The growth milk...... I like the consistency of it and I just purchased the mn yesterday at CVS 4% and that cost about $16.00 so of course I was going to stretch it as much as I could, the one I purchased was the one that has the 3 prefill applicators and trust me it was'nt that much in them per applicator. The growth milk also has some pretty good ingredients in it as well.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just applied again this morning
2/3 or 2/4

Just applied again this morning. I guess I can move that # (goals/week) up to 7 since I am in my cornrows. So lets just say if I am in my braids I will apply daily all over, if I am bunning or wearing only my regular hair I will only do the temples for atleast 3-4x/wk.

3/7 times for the week of 5/14-5/19

Status
Not open for further replies.