Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakialovesshoes

I only missed one day during my 1st week of using the MN. I'm staying consistent. Still on a 30 day mission to make this a habit.

jessicarabbit

NaiyaAi i cant remember where but i read about a lady who used that and ended up getting either cancer or a tumor, it was a while ago so the details are fuzzy to me

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So I went to Walgreens and could not find it any where :( I also went to another store and no luck! Really!?! I guess I will try Walmart tomorrow.

Mjon912

Ok ladies help me out... I'm ready to start my man challenge but I have a few questions and these man threads are so long I'd be reading for days...
I'm relaxed and wash once a week, do I need to wash more then that when applying man? and
What kind of mn to oil ratio should I be doing?

Thanks so much...also I don't moisturize I between washed, I dont cowash...I put some dr miracles go oil on my scalp when it starts to itch and might spray it with some olive oil but that's it.
ETA: another Question...
How long before my relaxer should I stop using this?

Last edited:

Mjon912

These are the oils I already have, id like to use one of these since some of them are new that I bought on a whim and am not really sure how to use...my starting lenght is in my pic/avi

Eta posting from my phone sucks

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120520_002344.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_002344.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 30
  • ForumRunner_20120520_002407.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_002407.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ForumRunner_20120520_002431.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120520_002431.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

jprayze

Mjon912 said:
Ok ladies help me out... I'm ready to start my man challenge but I have a few questions and these man threads are so long I'd be reading for days...
I'm relaxed and wash once a week, do I need to wash more then that when applying man? and

Thanks so much...also I don't moisturize I between washed, I dont cowash...I put some dr miracles go oil on my scalp when it starts to itch and might spray it with some olive oil but that's it.

Mjon912 I dont mix so I really can't speak from experience. I would say no less than 50/50...if you decide to go higher use like 60 MN/40 oil and so on. I've seen all kinds of combos...

Weekly washing is good. That's what I do, sometimes even biweekly if I'm wearing my hair straight.

Relaxed ladies usually stop MN prior to relaxing not sure how long prior to do you will want to check that out.

sheanu

ETA: another Question...
How long before my relaxer should I stop using this?

Just remember to keep your hair moisturized because MN can be drying

ManiiSweetheart

Bought my MN from family dollar today !! Mixed It with the orangics kids stuff from the video. With some end mender ... Glycerin .. And oils

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sorry just got out of church. No they didn't have any not even generic. I will try family dollar on the way home bc I don't feel like going to Walmart

LightEyedMami

Checking In...i didn't apply yesterday ( i was to concerned with clubbing :) )....but after i wash and condtion today i will apply!

Mjon912

Just remember to keep your hair moisturized because MN can be drying

I've never moisturized my hair, like ever, I wash n set once a week and that's it so I am clueless of what I should be doing to moisturized my relaxed hair...I don't want to mess up the protein moisture balance and have my hair turn to mush...I cowshed one summer and that's what happen, terrible :ohwell:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Goal for the week of 5/20-5/26 is a total of 5....

The focus will be my edges thsi week so I will hit yall once I get one in :yep:.
Imma try to squeeze something in tonight after my wash session

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Has anyone here had results using mm? I haven't seen anyone talk about their progress or results

BBritdenise, some ppl have mentioned stuff but for me in general I am not stalking the growth. I will do my monthly check-in like the guidelines instruct, so you might not hear/see anything from anyone until around the 1st or so. I will be updating either on the 23rd (thats when I took my other pics) or the 1st like everyone else. Hope that helped!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Goal for the week of 5/20-5/26 is a total of 5....

The focus will be my edges this week so I will hit yall once I get one in :yep:.
Imma try to squeeze something in tonight after my wash session

Just got my first one in for the week....

Checking in..... 1 out of 5 times for the week of 5/20-5/26

Last edited:

deedoswell

Just checking in. Did my mn with a mix of sulfur and coconut oil again last night. this time I did my whole head. Was always afraid I would get a headache but I didn't! I can't wait to see progress pics on the 1st. I may not do mine until June 8th (if that's OK) because I didn't get my MN until May 8th.

jprayze

Just checking in. Did my mn with a mix of sulfur and coconut oil again last night. this time I did my whole head. Was always afraid I would get a headache but I didn't! I can't wait to see progress pics on the 1st. I may not do mine until June 8th (if that's OK) because I didn't get my MN until May 8th.

deedoswell June 8th is fine! Glad you are doing well:yep:

jprayze

Hey Everyone, just sharing this post from yesterday; I'm in the twist/bun/braid challenge too. I seriously I'm giving up on color. It's been about a month and my hair is go dark. At least it's for a good reason, my hair is growing fast!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=15978831&postcount=518

Look how light my hair was on April 18th! image-2737027091.jpg

btw this what I use on my hair and I really don't know how good it is for my hair...http://www.sun-in.com/

deedoswell

Hey Everyone, just sharing this post from yesterday; I'm in the twist/bun/braid challenge too. I seriously I'm giving up on color. It's been about a month and my hair is go dark. At least it's for a good reason, my hair is growing fast!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=15978831&postcount=518

Look how light my hair was on April 18th! View attachment 150769

btw this what I use on my hair and I really don't know how good it is for my hair...http://www.sun-in.com/
Wow Jprayze!!! your hair is growing fast. It's been a month since your last dye? That is great growth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.