Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braidqueen

I asked my BF's mom to take the pics of my new growth and that was a bad idea. Mum had no clue what she was looking at, her aim was off and she's far sighted. Next option BF himself. If he's any good I'll have pics tonight.

nakialovesshoes

I'm not officially apart of this challenge but I made a mix of 15% MSM lotion & a tube of Family Dollar brand MN today. I added a dropperful of both onion & garlic extract & some lavender EO to mask any odors.

So, if it's okay with you ladies, I'd like to hang out in this thread from time to time.

jprayze

nakialovesshoes said:
I'm not officially apart of this challenge but I made a mix of 15% MSM lotion & a tube of Family Dollar brand MN today. I added a dropperful of both onion & garlic extract & some lavender EO to mask any odors.

So, if it's okay with you ladies, I'd like to hang out in this thread from time to time.

nakialovesshoes Sure! And if you have any progress pics, we would love to see them.

jprayze

Still waiting to do my length check because my hair is in these pin curls...hair has stayed well this time around, guess I did a better job of maintaining. It's usually straight by now...excuse my expression on my face I'm mad because my hair is still curly lol

image-137379999.jpg

nakialovesshoes

nakialovesshoes Sure! And if you have any progress pics, we would love to see them.

Thanks for the hospitality.:yep:
I've been slacking on pics. I have some from when I BCed in September & then a length check back in December. I haven't taken any official pictures since the challenges started. I'm 8 months post my BC so maybe it's time. I'll be back later to post my progress thus far. Hoping for an add'l 6 inches by the end of the year. Trying to go from a TWA/BC to APL-ish in 15 months.

I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. :lol:

sheanu

Update:

I've had to start doing every other night because the oil from the grease and bhringraj oil caused my hair to BREAK like crazy. My hair's never liked oil so I've been just moisturizing with giovanni direct for a while now after I spritz with water. Do ladies who only use MN every other day still get great growth? My hair's been growing really well so far :) It's been doing so well lately that my mother, who hasn't been the most supportive of my decision to BC and go natural, looked at me yesterday when I took down my braids and said "Wow. I've never in all your life seen your hair so thick!" That MADE MY DAY lol. Just want to share some encouragement.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Applied it this morning, so that makes 3x in once week. I will apply it again after I finish with this CW/DC.

mamaore

sheanu said:
Update:

I've had to start doing every other night because the oil from the grease and bhringraj oil caused my hair to BREAK like crazy. My hair's never liked oil so I've been just moisturizing with giovanni direct for a while now after I spritz with water. Do ladies who only use MN every other day still get great growth? My hair's been growing really well so far :) It's been doing so well lately that my mother, who hasn't been the most supportive of my decision to BC and go natural, looked at me yesterday when I took down my braids and said "Wow. I've never in all your life seen your hair so thick!" That MADE MY DAY lol. Just want to share some encouragement.

Good for you sheanu I am tired of the oiliness too. I think I may mix my next batch with more condish ans really reduce the oil.

nakialovesshoes

They say if you do something 30 days it becomes a habit. Right now I'm on day 2 of applying my MSM/MN mix. I'm too lazy to take a picture to see if I get an inch in the next 30 days.

Course24

Checking in. Luckily, I've been consistent on applying my mixture 2x/week. Now, if only I could wake up w/o finding my scarf off my head and having to search under the covers, pillows,& bed to find it due to the slick condition effect of my hair with this stuff, I'll be good..

Jewell

Im picking up some MN tomorrow to start using in my summer regimen, and if I see good results I'll continue using it indefinitely.

Ms. Tiki

I am definitely seeing growth. I haven't applied in a few days out of laziness but tonight after my CO wash I had to do a double take on how much my hair has grown in the last month.

coolsista-paris

hi to all. i.wanted to buy some.found.a tube at 2.99 $.and.with the shipping went up to 15.60 euros !!!! crazy. i.dont wanna pay all that. anyone from london in here that knows how.i.could.order from france?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
New week:
Applied today in btwn my cornrows
1/3 may even go up to 4x/wks while in my cornrows. Its just easier......

Mane Event

Anyone using MN spray? Like the kind in the athlete's foot section? I find this easier to apply vs.tube and it also last longer.

kinky curlygenie

Mane Event said:
Anyone using MN spray? Like the kind in the athlete's foot section? I find this easier to apply vs.tube and it also last longer.

I used to use the spray and put oil ovr it to help mix it in. I gt the same results as I did using the cream, I might havr to start up using mn again I found sum spray that I bought not that long ago. Waste not lol

Yes it last longer and from my point of view and less mess the nozzle on my spray can is quite precise. bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.