MHM Hangout

hairtimes5

How does your hair respond to applying the gel via spray bottle versues applying it in sections? I'm afraid if I do the spray bottle method I won't get all of my head :lol:

I still do sections, just not as small as I was doing before. I just like spraying it on better. Don't know if my hair is quite ready to spray on without sectioning but I plan to try it soon. My main concern is my roots since I like to smooth the gel on them.

HopefulOne

I need help. Would someone please post how to pineapple correctly. I want to try second day hair and I don't know how to pineapple. If there are any other ways to protect hair at night I would like to hear that as well.

hairtimes5

I need help. Would someone please post how to pineapple correctly. I want to try second day hair and I don't know how to pineapple. If there are any other ways to protect hair at night I would like to hear that as well.

I pineapple at night but I don't leave the scrunchie on. I pull all my hair up into a loose ponytail at the top of my head, as close to the front of my head as I can get it. Some ppl can get their's at the very front like a unicorn but my back doesn't stretch that far. Then I wrap my satin scarf around and tie it. You would normally stop there but I take the scrunchie off because even though I don't put it on tightly, it still leaves a slight dent. So my hair is left sprouting out the top of my scarf if you can picture it. I sleep on a satin pillowcase too just in case I sleep a certain way and smash my hair.

discodumpling

Ok. I was sooooo wrong! I like it...I want to play with mousse some more! This is what she looked like at lunch time AFTER I had been molesting her for a couple hrs :) I had soft TOUCHABLE fluffy yet defined curls. I actually didn't use enough product because I was unsure but after a full MHM session tomorrow i'll use a more generous amount.

Y'all know i'll be back to share those results also.

aharri23

I still do sections, just not as small as I was doing before. I just like spraying it on better. Don't know if my hair is quite ready to spray on without sectioning but I plan to try it soon. My main concern is my roots since I like to smooth the gel on them.

Ok I tried the spray bottle method for applying my gel today (i put some sweet soul magic in a spray bottle) and my curls are hanging and it was such an easy/fast application. I also love the fact that I can save product by diluting the gel. You guys are saving me so much $$$!

aharri23

It's weird that LP does better with diluted gel, and diluted conditioner rather than full strength. I wonder the reasoning behind it

faithVA

I tried the rhassoul and bentonite mix tonite. I used 4 tbsp. of rhassoul and 2 tbsp. of bentonite 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of acv. I was hoping mixing in the bentonite would make the rhassoul clay go further. Unfortunately it seems when I mixed the two the mix became thinner and so it didn't go as far :ohwell: I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Despite that I liked the mix. It was easy to detangle my hair with it and I had really great definition with the clay in. When I rinsed my hair was soft and I was able to let it dry loose with no issue. Even without oils or honey, the mix was moisturizing.

I'm going to try a 50/50 mix next week to see if I can get the mix a little thicker. Unfortunately I'm not sure when my bentonite will get here. Perhaps I will just stop by the Vitamin Shoppe and pick up a jar so I will have it for my wash on Monday.

When I rinsed I didn't retain the definition so I didn't take any pictures. Still saving that for my last wash of the month. I should have all of my clays and the Soul Magic gel by then.

HopefulOne

I pineapple at night but I don't leave the scrunchie on. I pull all my hair up into a loose ponytail at the top of my head, as close to the front of my head as I can get it. Some ppl can get their's at the very front like a unicorn but my back doesn't stretch that far. Then I wrap my satin scarf around and tie it. You would normally stop there but I take the scrunchie off because even though I don't put it on tightly, it still leaves a slight dent. So my hair is left sprouting out the top of my scarf if you can picture it. I sleep on a satin pillowcase too just in case I sleep a certain way and smash my hair.

Thanks for the info I am going to try this.

GGsKin

I tried the rhassoul and bentonite mix tonite. I used 4 tbsp. of rhassoul and 2 tbsp. of bentonite 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup of acv. I was hoping mixing in the bentonite would make the rhassoul clay go further. Unfortunately it seems when I mixed the two the mix became thinner and so it didn't go as far :ohwell: I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Despite that I liked the mix. It was easy to detangle my hair with it and I had really great definition with the clay in. When I rinsed my hair was soft and I was able to let it dry loose with no issue. Even without oils or honey, the mix was moisturizing.

I'm going to try a 50/50 mix next week to see if I can get the mix a little thicker. Unfortunately I'm not sure when my bentonite will get here. Perhaps I will just stop by the Vitamin Shoppe and pick up a jar so I will have it for my wash on Monday.

When I rinsed I didn't retain the definition so I didn't take any pictures. Still saving that for my last wash of the month. I should have all of my clays and the Soul Magic gel by then.

faithVA it's definitely the amount of ACV in the clay. No matter what mix I use now (rhassoul/ bentonite /both) it is very watery. If you still plan to use the same amount of ACV, then whole milk will definitely thicken it up without you having to use more clay. You only need to add splash. The mix will get really thick at first, then after a good shake, it comes together. The mix like a drink rather than mousse or batter.

discodumpling

I love pampering my hair It calms and relaxes me. It's barely 8 AM and I am sitting with my Cherry Lola treatment. Step 1 in the full MHM my way.

Yogurt (8 oz)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Silk Aminos(1 tsp)

This is my protein boost. My hair requires a heavy protein shot like this every 6-8 weeks.

discodumpling

I love pampering my hair It calms and relaxes me. It's barely 8 AM and I am sitting with my Cherry Lola treatment. Step 1 in the full MHM my way.

Yogurt (8 oz)
Baking Soda (2 tsp)
Silk Aminos(1 tsp)

This is my protein boost. My hair requires a heavy protein shot like this every 6-8 weeks.

faithVA

faithVA it's definitely the amount of ACV in the clay. No matter what mix I use now (rhassoul/ bentonite /both) it is very watery. If you still plan to use the same amount of ACV, then whole milk will definitely thicken it up without you having to use more clay. You only need to add splash. The mix will get really thick at first, then after a good shake, it comes together. The mix like a drink rather than mousse or batter.

You are right it is definitely the amount of acv. I was thinking about that last night. Maybe I can find a very small thing of milk at a convenience store. I will just make some ice cubes so I have it on hand. If I get the milk in time I will try it on Monday. If I can't find milk i will just get cream.

Do you think I could use evaporated milk or powdered milk?

faithVA

Duplicate..

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I love pampering my hair It calms and relaxes me. It's barely 8 AM and I am sitting with my Cherry Lola treatment. Step 1 in the full MHM my way. Yogurt (8 oz) Baking Soda (2 tsp) Silk Aminos(1 tsp) This is my protein boost. My hair requires a heavy protein shot like this every 6-8 weeks.
I love it, too. I am doing the full NHM today and I'm going to try the diluted spray gel.

GGsKin

You are right it is definitely the amount of acv. I was thinking about that last night. Maybe I can find a very small thing of milk at a convenience store. I will just make some ice cubes so I have it on hand. If I get the milk in time I will try it on Monday. If I can't find milk i will just get cream.

Do you think I could use evaporated milk or powdered milk?

The ice cube thing is a great idea. I get 1pint bottles because I don't use a lot of milk in my diet. I will start freezing in smaller containers. I don't know if there is more fat in milk vs powdered but if you have it, it can't hurt to try mixing some up and adding it to your clay. If I had evaporated milk, I would probably dilute it a bit and try with that too:yep:.

msbettyboop

I just ordered a hair steamer and I'm having a PJgasm even though product hasn't even been shipped yet! Lollllllllllll

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

hairtimes5

Did a clct tonight which ended in my hair saying for the third and final time, no more baking soda! Just like the last two times my hair felt like straw afterwards. I only left it on for about 25 mins this time. I tested the ph beforehand and it was 8. I used dubaidee's high porosity recipe.

OAN, what is the ph for acv? I thought it was 3 or 4 but when I tested with the strips I just got, it was 2. Didn't think it was that low.

faithVA

Did a clct tonight which ended in my hair saying for the third and final time, no more baking soda! Just like the last two times my hair felt like straw afterwards. I only left it on for about 25 mins this time. I tested the ph beforehand and it was 8. I used dubaidee's high porosity recipe.

OAN, what is the ph for acv? I thought it was 3 or 4 but when I tested with the strips I just got, it was 2. Didn't think it was that low.

The PH can vary by brand that's why its best to test the PH. Its strange that you would get a PH of 8 with the CLCT with an acv oh PH of 2. My CLCT has a pH of 7 and my ACV has a pH of 3.

Did you use all of the ingredients on the list? What about the egg? Definitely exclude the bs next time but I'm wondering if it is something else. 2tbs of acv would more than neutralize 1 tbs of bs. Are you using 2 cups of yogurt or 1?

hairtimes5

The PH can vary by brand that's why its best to test the PH. Its strange that you would get a PH of 8 with the CLCT with an acv oh PH of 2. My CLCT has a pH of 7 and my ACV has a pH of 3.

Did you use all of the ingredients on the list? What about the egg? Definitely exclude the bs next time but I'm wondering if it is something else. 2tbs of acv would more than neutralize 1 tbs of bs. Are you using 2 cups of yogurt or 1?

I thought it was strange too. I didn't use the egg and I used 2 cups of yogurt and everything else. You answered a question I was going to ask this morning about adding more acv to neutralize the mix. When I did the clay wash last night my hair felt so strong and I had very few shed hairs. This morning's wng is so elongated. I've been wearing the front of my hair in my face like bangs and its been working because of the shrinkage I get. This morning my front is touching the tip of my nose and my back, which normally shrinks up to my neck, is brushing my shoulders. Aside from the straw-like feel of my hair when I finished, I really like this treatment and I'm hoping to make it work.

faithVA

I thought it was strange too. I didn't use the egg and I used 2 cups of yogurt and everything else. You answered a question I was going to ask this morning about adding more acv to neutralize the mix. When I did the clay wash last night my hair felt so strong and I had very few shed hairs. This morning's wng is so elongated. I've been wearing the front of my hair in my face like bangs and its been working because of the shrinkage I get. This morning my front is touching the tip of my nose and my back, which normally shrinks up to my neck, is brushing my shoulders. Aside from the straw-like feel of my hair when I finished, I really like this treatment and I'm hoping to make it work.

Maybe do it only once a month and if you decide to keep the baking soda, try 1/2/tbs. I'm glad you got the pH strips.

hairtimes5

Maybe do it only once a month and if you decide to keep the baking soda, try 1/2/tbs. I'm glad you got the pH strips.

Yep I got the ones you recommended. Just thought about this, I used banana baby food instead of a banana and plaintain. Don't know if that made a difference.

faithVA

Yep I got the ones you recommended. Just thought about this, I used banana baby food instead of a banana and plaintain. Don't know if that made a difference.

I'm thinking you would need at least 2 small jars of baby food to replace the moisturizing property of one banana. But I'm not sure. You really need to try the recipe as is without the egg to see how it works initially. Even if you can't find the plantain, use 2 bananas.

hairtimes5

I'm thinking you would need at least 2 small jars of baby food to replace the moisturizing property of one banana. But I'm not sure. You really need to try the recipe as is without the egg to see how it works initially. Even if you can't find the plantain, use 2 bananas.

I actually did use 2 jars but next time I'll use the real thing. I was trying to avoid pieces of banana in my hair. I still ended up with pieces of avocado in it :(

GGsKin

I actually did use 2 jars but next time I'll use the real thing. I was trying to avoid pieces of banana in my hair. I still ended up with pieces of avocado in it :(

Do you put them in a blender? When I pour my mix out of the blender, it is smooth- no bits.

trebell

I don't do mine on clean (freshly washed hair/ wet). Nor have I rinsed beforehand for anyone that I've done one for.

That's the info I found. This is the first time I'm doing the caramel treatment. It's so much neater then the original and is not running down my face and neck.

faithVA

[USER said:
hairtimes5;21257423[/USER]]I actually did use 2 jars but next time I'll use the real thing. I was trying to avoid pieces of banana in my hair. I still ended up with pieces of avocado in it :(

OK. Let your fruit ripen more. Get your fruit now and just let it rot and blend it and put it in the refrigerator. That way you can avoid the pieces in your hair. If you don't feel like letting the banana and plantain rot then put them in the oven and cook them at 300 degrees for an hour. Then blend them and put them in the freezer.

I've used baby food before but not in this recipe and I didn't measure the PH. I do know that baby food doesn't look like a blended banana so I'm not sure what they do to it.

When my fruit is overripe (black and smooshy) I don't have bits in my hair. But I do have to plan ahead.