MHM Hangout

faithVA

I was supposed to wash last night but was busy and skipped it. So today I just put my head under the shower stream and soaked my hair while in flat twist. My flat twist held up well. Usually hey would expand and loosen. I took out each twist and applied leave in, curling cream and sealed with a butter blend.

I will color on Sunday and do part of the process.

sweetpea7

so I did the acv rinse and deep conditioned with tresemme naturals and my hair felt great! However I did the bentonite clay wash and my curls were defined but dry! I'm going to try the entire method again, if it's still dry I think I will try protective princess shortened version.

But for now, I hope the knot today will help. I might put some fsg on top while my chunky braids are still wet. No pics yet but I'll be sure to take them soon.

Honey Bee

My mom had been doing the MHM religiously but fell off dealing with some health problems (her thyroid, which explains some of her hair issues). She got some KCCC last week. This morning, I was like, show me the frizziest part of your hair. I wet it, applied heavily diluted KCKT and KCCC, let it air dry and got her a mirror. She was amazed! :lachen:

Her wngs were always kinda dry-looking and never defined, even with the method. She wasn't applying the products properly, I think. She always claims her hair is soooo dry, and soooo knotty, and just soooo everything difficult. :rolleyes: I let it slide cuz, hey, if that's all the racial baggage she accumulated from growing up in the 50's, I count her as lucky. :look:

Anyway, yay, another convert! :yay: :lol:

aharri23

I stopped using ACV in my clay mixture cause I want to ensure my cuticles are being opened and I found a way to make a smooth mixture without using ACV.

I tried the curl junkie curl rehab condish and I liked it, but KCKT does the same thing plus I can dilute it. Probably won't repurchase but it is a great conditioner! I'm also paranoid about shea butter (shea butter is the 4th ingredient) building up on my hair over time. If your hair has no problems with shea butter then by all means try it!

I like my own hair gel better than CRN curl maker and KCCC so I'll use those up then be done with both. CRN curl maker has coconut oil and panthenol high on the ingredient list, but it is a really good gel and it gave me a more defined wash and go than the KCCC, however if I wasn't careful and used too much gel in one section it would flake. My own hair gel gives me the hold of CRN and definition but doesn't flake (probably because I don't use panthenol or coconut oil)

I really wanna use up all my products so I can just use KCKT, DIY hair gel, and clay. Probably will take me a year to use up all these products!

hairdiva2002

I didn't get out of bed until late but still scored my fix of Mud Puddle and some nice soap presents at Hattache! I was so worried that @faithVA was going to get all the mud:lol::lol:. j/k Did you get yours in time?

faithVA

so I did the acv rinse and deep conditioned with tresemme naturals and my hair felt great! However I did the bentonite clay wash and my curls were defined but dry! I'm going to try the entire method again, if it's still dry I think I will try protective princess shortened version.

But for now, I hope the knot today will help. I might put some fsg on top while my chunky braids are still wet. No pics yet but I'll be sure to take them soon.

sweetpea, You should try rhassoul clay. The bentonite clay can be drying.

faithVA

I didn't get out of bed until late but still scored my fix of Mud Puddle and some nice soap presents at Hattache! I was so worried that @faithVA was going to get all the mud:lol::lol:. j/k Did you get yours in time?

:lol: you were worried about me? That's funny. I'm not a product junkie. And I'm also cheap. I bought 1 mud puddle and 1 blue rose flax gel.

hairdiva2002

:lol: you were worried about me? That's funny. I'm not a product junkie. And I'm also cheap. I bought 1 mud puddle and 1 blue rose flax gel.

Ah, man - you said you were getting up early to get some. I thought you'd clean them out. Looks like they still actually have some mud puddle - so all my stress was for nothing! :grin: I could have slept in more.

faithVA

Guinan

Re-Branding
Getting ready to start MHM. I'm doing protein 1st. I hope it helps with the breakage that i had last week.

sweetpea7

^^^ I learned the to rub the clay in my hands before applying it helps the clumps.

I did a bentonite clay wash with just water and deep conditioning with tresemme naturals. That stuff melted my tangles away!

The first pic below is about 2 weeks ago semi dry hair with Eco styler gel

The second is about 30 mins ago after clay wash product free. I think I see improvement

Attachments

• image-2146271507.jpg
    image-2146271507.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2662875077.jpg
    image-2662875077.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 87

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^ I learned the to rub the clay in my hands before applying it helps the clumps.

I did a bentonite clay wash with just water and deep conditioning with tresemme naturals. That stuff melted my tangles away!

The second is about 30 mins ago after clay wash product free. I think I see improvement

I def see a difference. Even ur relaxed ends are beginning to curl.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I just finished making my weekly supply of flaxseed gel and i made a 2wk supply of clay. I did something different with the clay. I added a teaspoon of warm shea butter. I'll report tomorrow if it made a difference.

Femmefatal1981

I've been using the MHM for about 12 weeks and my hair has never looked better. My issue is I'm about to go into a sew in for the winter and I'm trying to figure out if I'm just going to have to get my hair done more often or what because I want to continue the method.

I thought about just making all my steps really watery and using an applicator bottle to get in between the tracks. Then I thought that maybe I should make a u-part wig so I can remove it and reinstall every 2 weeks.

Anyone have suggestions?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been using the MHM for about 12 weeks and my hair has never looked better. My issue is I'm about to go into a sew in for the winter and I'm trying to figure out if I'm just going to have to get my hair done more often or what because I want to continue the method.

I thought about just making all my steps really watery and using an applicator bottle to get in between the tracks. Then I thought that maybe I should make a u-part wig so I can remove it and reinstall every 2 weeks.

Anyone have suggestions?

When I had my hair in faux locs I didn't do anything except use sum dry shampoo. My hair easily tangles. Me personally i wouldn't do the clay step while in a weave.

Guinan

Re-Branding
All done! Currently under the dryer. Took me less than 30min to do my wng; it usually takes me 40 min to a hour.

On adding the shea butter to my clay, in lieu of olive oil. OMG it was amazing. ALOT softer and i didn't have as many clay clumps. I will be using shea butter for now on. My hair felt soo moisturized, it probably didn't need a leavein. However, sum of y'all might not like the "coated" feeling it leaves. For me it def wasn't a bad thing; it was kinda like a sealant.

I also tried a new brand of flaxseed and i honestly like this brand better. This brand, Shiloh farms, has a better consistency and slippage.

GGsKin

I see it too sweetpea. Definite improvement

faithVA

[USER said:
Femmefatal1981;20835155[/USER]]I've been using the MHM for about 12 weeks and my hair has never looked better. My issue is I'm about to go into a sew in for the winter and I'm trying to figure out if I'm just going to have to get my hair done more often or what because I want to continue the method.

Anyone have suggestions?

I think you should keep it simple with cowashing and moisturizing while your in your sew in.

faithVA

Didn't do my mhm wash during the holiday. I just didn't feel like it. Didn't do it last night either. I colored my hair so I used a different regimen for that. Ending up shampooing before and after coloring then I dcd for an hour. I did an oil rinse and used kknt and put in two strand twist.

Shampoo is not my friend but due to my previous weeks of mhm my hair was able to handle it and bounce back.

GGsKin

Okay since my last post I've been doing GHE (as usual:yawn:). And I know this is the MHM hangout but I've been lurking:grin:. I ordered up some henna, indigo, cassia, and amla powder on Tuesday last week. It all arrived within 2 days so on Friday night I mixed up a henna treatment, and Saturday, tried something different and new to me.
Before applying the mix, I used baking soda and conditioner to clarify for 15-30 mins. Followed with a cowash. (Sidenote: I initially was going to do a clay rinse but feared this may be too drying coupled with the henna process). Then applied my mix and left it on for about 8hrs (unintentional but I had things to do).
Once washed out, my hair was a little dryer than it has felt for some time, but not much. I noticed the slightest of colour enhancement- to a deeper/richer brown from the as-I-call-it dirty brown I had. The definition hadn't decreased. My hair felt coated/ possibly thicker and was super easy to manage without product but I didn't let it stay that way for too long. To DC I used KCKT and Ouidad's melt-down extreme repair mask (not sure, probably not MHM approved but it smells lovely and was the only heavier conditioner I had that I was prepared to use). I put my hair in the usual 4 canerows and continued baggying for 2 days.
Today I took my hair down and can really notice the enriched brown colour on my hair, although it is not 100% dry and I am yet to see it in daylight:nervous2: (not really nervous). A camera probably wouldn't pick up the difference. My hair felt relatively tangle free.
I wanted to wash my hair tonight but I think I'll give it a few more conditioning hrs and time for the colour to oxidise and wash in the co-wash in the morning. I'll see 8th my hair dries tomorrow.
All in all I am looking forward to trying henna again and seeing if/how it plays with MHM.

hairtimes5

Anybody here use Terresentials? I think I'm going to give it a try and see if I come out better cost-wise than buying rhassoul. When I was using bentonite I made the mixture exactly as is on the MHM website. I made it in a 25 oz bottle and it lasted me 3-4 washes. Last night I made it with rhassoul and only added a half a cup of water instead of the 2-3 cups. The consistency was perfect but I used the whole thing in one wash. At that rate a lb of rhassoul will only last 2 washes for me. I'm also wondering if I can get away with using less. I coat my hair as is stated in the method but I'm wondering do I really need as much? Or maybe make a more watery mix?

faithVA

Anybody here use Terresentials? I think I'm going to give it a try and see if I come out better cost-wise than buying rhassoul. When I was using bentonite I made the mixture exactly as is on the MHM website. I made it in a 25 oz bottle and it lasted me 3-4 washes. Last night I made it with rhassoul and only added a half a cup of water instead of the 2-3 cups. The consistency was perfect but I used the whole thing in one wash. At that rate a lb of rhassoul will only last 2 washes for me. I'm also wondering if I can get away with using less. I coat my hair as is stated in the method but I'm wondering do I really need as much? Or maybe make a more watery mix?

Where did you get your rhassoul? I don't think terressentials will be more economical than rhassoul because you can get 3 to 5 lbs of rhassoul for the same price as a large bottle of terressentials.

I do like terressentials though and you can dilute it.

You said you would use 1 lb of rhassoul in 2 washes. Maybe your ratios are off a bit. How much rhassoul are you using?