MHM Hangout

hairtimes5

faithVA I used one cup of rhassoul, a half cup of water, 1 tbs oil and 1 tbs of honey. It was a little thinner than pudding and I used the whole mix. I only have about a cup left in my 1 lb bag.

faithVA

Oh and I bought it from bulk apocathery for $8. I think it was around $14 with shipping.

I don't know if you got a bad batch or if they sent you something other than rhassoul. I use 7 to 9 tbsp of rhassoul to 1 to 1.5 cups of water. Even with that crazy pink clay I'm only using 7 tbs to 1 cup of water.

snoop

Anyone else using rhassoul? What ratios of clay to water are you using?

I'm not sure what ratios I use sine I eyeball it but 1lb of clay has lasted me months. I can check the date of purchase to confirm bur I want to say sine summer with weekly washes.

I find the measurements in MHM a bit heavy handed but that could be in purpose.

Honey Bee

I did the whole MHM yesterday and, except for non-approved dc, I did it all the way through for the first time. It was my very first time using KCCC. I now see why people are willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. :lol:

For background, my main reasons for trying the MHM are moisture (which I hear the lack of leads to ALL manner of hair catastrophes and I'm trynna get long fast :look: ) and definition in my bang area. The rest is cottony 4a, possibly looser/ 'silkier' in the nape-crown patch, and the bang area just doesn't match. The front is a big frizz puff. There are some random coils, but mostly puffy. The crown was weak when I was relaxed and the main reason why I decided to transition. My hair is already well moisturized, I'm a long term transitioner (16 mos. post). Therefore, my gauge for this whole process has been definition in the front of my hair and overall health in the crown.

So, first off, I could probably bc today and I have a cute little not-so-short haircut. Yay! I won't, but it's good to know. Second, my bangs came through for me, y'all!! I had some nice coils in the front that hung long enough to just barely qualify as legit "bangs". I'm so happy, y'all, that was holding me back from the possibility of wngs altogether. I just couldn't imagine the finickiness required to finger-coil that whole area every time just to make it half-way match the rest. I ain't built for it, y'all. :nono: :lol:

Third, the crown is so strong! For the first time since EVER, the natural hair, the hair I intend to keep, is just as long as all the other hair on my head. It always broke off when I was relaxed. I was always forced to cut back cuz you can't have long hair with a sparse-looking crown. :ohwell: Being natural (I know, I'm not yet) has been a great experience thus far and the MHM, the more I research it, the more I see that it's basically what all the long-hairs have been doing all this time anyway, just codified. I'm thankful to have it all written out in one easy to follow regimen. :yep: Still can't straighten worth a damn, but I'm working on it and that ain't for this thread anyway. :lol:

faithVA

I did the whole MHM yesterday and, except for non-approved dc, I did it all the way through for the first time. It was my very first time using KCCC. I now see why people are willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. :lol:

For background, my main reasons for trying the MHM are moisture (which I hear the lack of leads to ALL manner of hair catastrophes and I'm trynna get long fast :look: ) and definition in my bang area. The rest is cottony 4a, possibly looser/ 'silkier' in the nape-crown patch, and the bang area just doesn't match. The front is a big frizz puff. There are some random coils, but mostly puffy. The crown was weak when I was relaxed and the main reason why I decided to transition. My hair is already well moisturized, I'm a long term transitioner (16 mos. post). Therefore, my gauge for this whole process has been definition in the front of my hair and overall health in the crown.

So, first off, I could probably bc today and I have a cute little not-so-short haircut. Yay! I won't, but it's good to know. Second, my bangs came through for me, y'all!! I had some nice coils in the front that hung long enough to just barely qualify as legit "bangs". I'm so happy, y'all, that was holding me back from the possibility of wngs altogether. I just couldn't imagine the finickiness required to finger-coil that whole area every time just to make it half-way match the rest. I ain't built for it, y'all. :nono: :lol:

Third, the crown is so strong! For the first time since EVER, the natural hair, the hair I intend to keep, is just as long as all the other hair on my head. It always broke off when I was relaxed. I was always forced to cut back cuz you can't have long hair with a sparse-looking crown. :ohwell: Being natural (I know, I'm not yet) has been a great experience thus far and the MHM, the more I research it, the more I see that it's basically what all the long-hairs have been doing all this time anyway, just codified. I'm thankful to have it all written out in one easy to follow regimen. :yep: Still can't straighten worth a damn, but I'm working on it and that ain't for this thread anyway. :lol:

Um, you sound a little happy :lol: Glad you had such a great experience.

faithVA

Last night I decided to try rinsing my twist. In the past this has been a fail. If I put anything wet on my twist my twist would unravel and then just frizz. I tried spritzing, dunking, wig cap, water, conditioner, etc. :nono:

Last night I took the shower hose and sprayed my twist for about 5 minutes. My twist hung nicely and didn't unravel :yay: I let them drip dry. I don't think they dried until around 4 this morning.

Today they are a little frizzy but presentable. I will wet them again tonight and maybe seal with something so I can wear a twist out.

I'm not completely there but I have made some progress. Maybe in the late winter I will try it again. I will have more length and hopefully more hydration by then.

Honey Bee

Um, you sound a little happy :lol: Glad you had such a great experience.
You don't understand, chile. I'm trynna have long hair, like, tomorrow. I don't have time to be having set backs and mishaps and what not. I'm trynna be MBL in THREE years. I'm very willful, I believe I can make it happen. My whole plan was to do a long transition and figure this thing out. And I was almost there! I had figured out the whole 'cowashing ain't all that' angle myself, had already added the clay to my proposed reggie, and was circling around the concept of adding the ACV rinse, iirc.

Ironically perhaps given the length of the regimen :rolleyes:, PinkeCube saved me time and that is a thing I truly appreciate. :up:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I cant wait to do my midweek wash tomorrow. With all this working out that I'm doing it's making my hair shrink. I bought a hair pick from Sally's today, so hopefully that will help stretch my hair a bit. Tomorrow, I plan on doing the modified MHM and then put some twists in my hair for a twistout on Thursday.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Completed my midweek wash. I DC for about 10min and then rinsed my hair with ACV. I then put sum twists in my hair. I plan on keeping the twists in, under a hat, until my sat wash day. I dont feel like being bothered with my hair.

msbettyboop

So I've been researching this since I simply don't have time for the original regimen. I think I will start trying protective princess method from Sunday. My hideously expensive clay just arrived. I also want to try the cherry Lola treatment :). I will report back on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=168786 said:
msbettyboop[/USER];20852845]So I've been researching this since I simply don't have time for the original regimen. I think I will start trying protective princess method from Sunday. My hideously expensive clay just arrived. I also want to try the cherry Lola treatment :). I will report back on Sunday.

What is her method? And why was your clay so expensive?

msbettyboop

What is her method? And why was your clay so expensive?

She does the clay rinse, then conditioner, then steaming, then sealing with oil and styling. I will start with cherry Lola method on day 1 then continue with the other one. I live in the Middle East so I had to order from US. The shipping cost more than the tub of clay but by God, I will have maximum hydration by any means necessary. Lolllll.

faithVA

She does the clay rinse, then conditioner, then steaming, then sealing with oil and styling. I will start with cherry Lola method on day 1 then continue with the other one. I live in the Middle East so I had to order from US. The shipping cost more than the tub of clay but by God, I will have maximum hydration by any means necessary. Lolllll.

Is it faster because she isn't letting the clay stay on? Because it seems otherwise the same number of steps, would take about the same amount of time. You have the same number of steps or is the conditioner and steaming one step?

Does she not use a leave-in at all?

Oh, didn't know you were long distance. I know you won't be wasting any clay :yep:

iheartcouture

Sorry I've been MIA for a while from this thread. I got sick and neglected my hair! :(
I did a CLT over the Thanksgiving Holiday overnight and OMG that treatment is amazing. I wish I would have tried it before.

I finally have all MHM approved products (spent the $17 on KKCC smh) so I plan to give it a legitimate full run sometime this weekend. Next up I just need to find something that I can use to twist my hair, as I prefer twistouts etc over wngs.

faithVA

[USER=215500 said:
iheartcouture[/USER];20853393]Sorry I've been MIA for a while from this thread. I got sick and neglected my hair! :(
I did a CLT over the Thanksgiving Holiday overnight and OMG that treatment is amazing. I wish I would have tried it before.

I finally have all MHM approved products (spent the $17 on KKCC smh) so I plan to give it a legitimate full run sometime this weekend. Next up I just need to find something that I can use to twist my hair, as I prefer twistouts etc over wngs.

We are glad to have you back. Maybe on of the Camille Rose products will work for your twist outs. Might be something you can get at your Target.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Today I picked up the Rhassoul clay so I'm good to start after my BC in a few weeks. Oh, I gotta get my baking soda but I'm at the grocery store every other day so its not a problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

sweetpea7

Is it faster because she isn't letting the clay stay on? Because it seems otherwise the same number of steps, would take about the same amount of time. You have the same number of steps or is the conditioner and steaming one step?

Does she not use a leave-in at all?

Oh, didn't know you were long distance. I know you won't be wasting any clay :yep:

No i don't believe she lets in stay on long at all. Once that is rinsed she then finger detangles with conditioner then like 20 min under the steamer (no rinsing) and seals with an oil or butter. :yep:

faithVA

Today I picked up the Rhassoul clay so I'm good to start after my BC in a few weeks. Oh, I gotta get my baking soda but I'm at the grocery store every other day so its not a problem.

Are you low porosity? If not you can use something other than baking soda/conditioner mix.

Let us know when you BC

faithVA

No i don't believe she lets in stay on long at all. Once that is rinsed she then finger detangles with conditioner then like 20 min under the steamer (no rinsing) and seals with an oil or butter. :yep:

Ok Thanks. Let us know how you like it.

I have seen her pics but haven't watched any of her yt.

This sounds like a regi that may work well for normal/high porosity ladies.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Are you low porosity? If not you can use something other than baking soda/conditioner mix.

Let us know when you BC

faithVA yes, I'm low porosity. My relaxed strands just sit on top of the water and my NG floats just underneath and never falls to the bottom.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Feels sooo good not to be bothered with my hair. I have had my hair under a hat with twists since Wed.

I'm thinking about buying crece pelo for my DC. The tressume lemongrass conditioner is just too difficult to find. Even though I love the conditioner it's just not as easily accessible as the crece pelo. And since the crece pelo is an approved conditioner I'll go ahead and purchase the conditioner. I used to use crece pelo when I was relaxed and my hair loved it, so I cant wait to try it now. Hopefully my hair still likes the conditioner.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];20854111]faithVA yes, I'm low porosity. My relaxed strands just sit on top of the water and my NG floats just underneath and never falls to the bottom.

The water test isn't reliable. Do you have any other indicators that you are low porosity? I will try to find the post from the user that really explained it.

faithVA

Since I didn't wash my hair Wednesday night I am supposed to wash my hair tonight. However, I don't feel like washing my hair tonight :lol: I'm going to push it off until Sunday.

I think I'm going to try the mud puddle for step 1. Then do a protein treatment since I colored my hair last week. Will follow that with a moisturizing DC. I think I will compare 2 DCs, using one on each side. Follow with a mud wash. This will be my last use of the pink clay. Going to send the rest to tashboog. I can't stand the pink mess anymore :nono: Then I will use kknt, seal with oil and twist it up with something.

I'm going to put the oil rinsing back on the shelf. It was easier but I don't think it worked better for me than doing a regular LOC.

So maybe I can do my hair leisurely while I watch some football tomorrow.

AJellyCake

Feels sooo good not to be bothered with my hair. I have had my hair under a hat with twists since Wed. I'm thinking about buying crece pelo for my DC. The tressume lemongrass conditioner is just too difficult to find. Even though I love the conditioner it's just not as easily accessible as the crece pelo. And since the crece pelo is an approved conditioner I'll go ahead and purchase the conditioner. I used to use crece pelo when I was relaxed and my hair loved it, so I cant wait to try it now. Hopefully my hair still likes the conditioner.

Crece Pelo is not approved. It's listed on the MHM site, but many places don't list the full ingredients. It has glycerin and PEG-12 dimethicone.

I'm not sure if there's been an ingredient change or what. But I just checked the tub I have.