MHM Hangout

faithVA

I sure did. In fact today, I realised I'd almost turned it into water during the leave in stage :lachen:. I am doing everything to make it last but I have so much hair. I think the longer your hair is, the more expensive this will be. I'm considering just making my own conditioner.

Yeah, I only use the kknt for the leave-in. I use different conditioners for each step. Which is probably why it last much longer for me as well as my hair is only NL.

But as you go along you won't be doing twice a week so it will at least last you a bit longer.

hairtimes5

Ordered Terresentials before I left for vacay and it was here when I returned. Wanted to do the full regimen yesterday and give it a try. Since I didn't get started till late I slept with it in my hair. I liked the results but I was expecting softer hair. Seems like most ppl say it left their hair feeling soft, not so with me. Maybe because it's made with bentonite?? It felt the same way my hair feels when I use bentonite. Rhassoul leaves my hair feeling softer. At any rate, it made my hair hang more and I didn't have as much shrinkage after it dried. All in all I like it but it's too expensive for me to stick with.

deborah11

I'm all over the place. The last time I did a protein treatment, I used curls ecstasy conditioner mixed with water and baking soda. But I also use acv or sometimes shampoo. I'm getting ready to buy a cowash conditioner because I'm tired of mixing.

What have you been using?

Hello FaithVa,

Please include me as an official MHM hangouter!

I have been utilizing the MHM since October 19, 2014, and it has impressed me enough that I want to continue for now.

I had been mostly natural for the last 10 years, give or take a couple of mild texlaxs during periods of " indecisiveness." LOL! During those years my hair was very healthy but all heck broke out 4 years ago with so many hair problems unrelated to its natural state-- menopause hair loss, well water with too much Iron that seriously damaged my hair and caused major hair loss, etc. You name it and I have been there. Finally 4 months ago after a serious break from anything hair damage inducing, I texlaxed for 8 min. Using linage and wouldn't you know my hair still looked like an Afro! Menopause has totally changed my hair texture. LOL! Somehow I stumbled across MHM which has been helpful in terms of reviving my hair's moisture levels and helping me to retain length by seriously reducing my hair shedding, breakage, and SSK's.

My MHM Regime

I started on October 19, 2014 and have completed 9 cycles. I pushed at it hard initially completing the first 4 cycles during the first week, including 1 cherry Lola treatment. Now I can only seem to manage 1 cycle per week but my hair appears to be about 60-65% hydrated:

My MHM Regime:

1. Clarify: BS or ACV + TTTC Conditioner + water
2. Condition: Trader Joe's TTTC or diluted kknt
3. Mud: Rhassoul + water + honey + olive oil
4. Leave-In: diluted kknt or TTTC
5. Seal: Hair butter (UA)

I initially followed the program by the book but I am having trouble still with mud residue so this past week I modified:

Mud, rinse, TTTC+ water+ baking soda wash, rinse, leave in, sealed with butter. I liked this better because I didn't have mud residue.

I am a bit all over the place right now as I try to figure out how to make the regime work best for my hair. This week I appear to have some hair shedding which was not a problem before so I am trying to figure out whether that is being caused by the modified version or if my hair needs protein now. Will keep everyone posted on developments and will try to figure out how to post pictures here.

Last edited:

hairtimes5

Hello FaithVa,

Please include me as an official MHM hangouter!

I have been utilizing the MHM since October 19, 2014, and it has impressed me enough that I want to continue for now.

I had been mostly natural for the last 10 years, give or take a couple of mild texlaxs during periods of " indecisiveness." LOL! During those years my hair was very healthy but all heck broke out 4 years ago with so many hair problems unrelated to its natural state-- menopause hair loss, well water with too much Iron that seriously damaged my hair and caused major hair loss, etc. You name it and I have been there. Finally 4 months ago after a serious break from anything hair damage inducing, I texlaxed for 8 min. Using linage and wouldn't you know my hair still looked like an Afro! Menopause has totally changed my hair texture. LOL! Somehow I stumbled across MHM which has been helpful in terms of reviving my hair's moisture levels and helping me to retain length by seriously reducing my hair shedding, breakage, and SSK's.

My MHM Regime

I started on October 19, 2014 and have completed 9 cycles. I pushed at it hard initially completing the first 4 cycles during the first week, including 1 cherry Lola treatment. Now I can only seem to manage 1 cycle per week but my hair appears to be about 60-65% hydrated:

My MHM Regime:

1. Clarify: BS or ACV + TTTC Conditioner + water
2. Condition: Trader Joe's TTTC or diluted kknt
3. Mud: Rhassoul + water + honey + olive oil
4. Leave-In: diluted kknt or TTTC
5. Seal: Hair butter (UA)

I initially followed the program by the book but I am having trouble still with mud residue so this past week I modified:

Mud, rinse, TTTC+ water+ baking soda wash, rinse, leave in, sealed with butter. I liked this better because I didn't have mud residue.

I am a bit all over the place right now as I try to figure out how to make the regime work best for my hair. This week I appear to have some hair shedding which was not a problem before so I am trying to figure out whether that is being caused by the modified version or if my hair needs protein now. Will keep everyone posted on developments and will try to figure out how to post pictures here.

Interesting comment about well water. I'm on well water too and just recently decided to buy a shower filter after noticing how much it's staining my shower stall. Ours was tested a few yrs back and it was high in iron too.

Guinan

Re-Branding
So I tried out the tressume avocado conditioner yesterday and I LOVE it!!! It's REALLY thick though. Thank goodness I diluted it.

My hair felt sooo much better after my mid week wash. I skipped the clay step due to time. However, my curls were still very pronouce. I plan on doing the full MHM this weekend. I was going to do protein but I think I'll hold off until Jan.

sweetpea7

So I tried out the tressume avocado conditioner yesterday and I LOVE it!!! It's REALLY thick though. Thank goodness I diluted it. My hair felt sooo much better after my mid week wash. I skipped the clay step due to time. However, my curls were still very pronouce. I plan on doing the full MHM this weekend. I was going to do protein but I think I'll hold off until Jan.

What color is the cap of the conditioner. I have fallen in love with the lemongrass and sweet orage discontinued conditioner but I know I won't be able to find it soon. Also, how is the slip?

Guinan

Re-Branding
What color is the cap of the conditioner. I have fallen in love with the lemongrass and sweet orage discontinued conditioner but I know I won't be able to find it soon. Also, how is the slip?

I dont know the color of the cap; but if I had to guess it's black. The slip was REALLY good. It's weird b/c it seems identical to the lemon grass but thicker.

faithVA

You ladies have me wanting to try out the Tresemme avocado or lemon grass. But I already have too many conditioners and I'm not allowed to buy any more :sad:

sweetpea7

That makes me sad because I thought the black caps were discontinued. Maybe not!

KCKN isn't as moisturizing as I though it would. I wish I could find a creamy lightweight moisturizer on the ground. I don't want to buy online right now

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Oh no...it's been discontinued! I'm on the hunt, gonna buy all I find!

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
So over the weekend, I finally washed my hair after 3 weeks of the bald spot regimen. I've been wearing wigs and keeping my hair braided up under a grocery bag. I'm not sure if anything is happening, but I think my crown is slightly getting better and my hydration is still moving a little slow.

I clarified with ACV and cayenne pepper and I let that sit for 30 min. I tried the Naturelle grow herbal conditioner per faithVA suggestion. I ended up steaming with this deep conditioner and my hair responded well. Usually steaming my hair does nothing, but I actually felt a difference after steaming with this dc :yep:. I'm still liking the rhassoul clay over the bentonite b/c it makes my hair really soft and it defines my kinks pretty well too. However, once I rinse it out pretty much all definition still goes away so I highly doubt that I'll be able to do a wash n go. I'm hoping when I resume the original MHM regimen in April that I'll be closer to wearing a wash n go but we shall see.

I have enclosed pics of my hair with clay, after clay/no product, and a quick length check. I'm happy with the growth of my nape, but my sides and bangs still has a way to go. I would say I'm full APL, and I won't straighten my hair until I reach BSL all over and who knows how long that's going to take me :lol:.

Attachments

• rhassl12-14.jpg
    rhassl12-14.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 56
  • noprod12-14.jpg
    noprod12-14.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 54
  • LT2014.jpg
    LT2014.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 50

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
So I tried out the tressume avocado conditioner yesterday and I LOVE it!!! It's REALLY thick though. Thank goodness I diluted it.

My hair felt sooo much better after my mid week wash. I skipped the clay step due to time. However, my curls were still very pronouce. I plan on doing the full MHM this weekend. I was going to do protein but I think I'll hold off until Jan.

I told you! That stuff is the truth, I even use it undiluted as my leave-in and my fine hair loves it. I'm going to start diluting it once I start the MHM this weekend. pelohello

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

msbettyboop

I have a question. For step 1, when you mix the baking soda with water and conditioner, is the mixture grainy or smooth?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

sweetpea7

Oh no...it's been discontinued! I'm on the hunt, gonna buy all I find!

The black top TN conditioners have been. The new bottle is all white. I have found them on Walgreens.com and meijer. I have one bottle left *cry*

I'm trying to find a replacement so I'm going to Buy TJ tea tree tingle and Yes to Blueberries Conditioner (UA) officially but it doesn't have any no no ingredients.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I told you! That stuff is the truth, I even use it undiluted as my leave-in and my fine hair loves it. I'm going to start diluting it once I start the MHM this weekend. @pelohello

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

OT:
I saw on the transitioning thread that your BCing really soon. CONGRATS & Good Luck!!!!! I'm super excited for you!

sweetpea7

I have a question. For step 1, when you mix the baking soda with water and conditioner, is the mixture grainy or smooth? Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Smooth with a touch of graininess (sp) I hate they way bs makes my hair feel. It hard to detangle and rough

msbettyboop

The first 3 times I did it, the mixture was very grainy but the last two times, it's been smooth since I started using a whisk to mix it so I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

faithVA

[USER said:
sweetpea7;20908963[/USER]]Smooth with a touch of graininess (sp) I hate they way bs makes my hair feel. It hard to detangle and rough

Try cutting back on the amount of baking soda or don't leave it in as long. Hopefully you aren't trying to detangle with the baking soda in but waiting until after you have conditioned. It is tangled and rough because the cuticles are open. You want to leave them alone and just get the conditioner in.

GGsKin

I have a question. For step 1, when you mix the baking soda with water and conditioner, is the mixture grainy or smooth?

I've used anywhere from 1 tsp to 2 tbsp. It tends to be smooth. Mine doesn't cause any difficulties detangling. I put conditioner in an applicator bottle, add the baking soda and warm water and shake.

Honey Bee

I bought a big bottle of Biotera gel from Sally's and, since I had so much, I decided to experiment. My hair had been washed the day before and put into 8 or so twists so it was already stretched. I tested the frizziest part of my hair.

I divided it and put diluted gel on one area, straight gel on the other. The straight gel area coiled nicely which makes me happy because now I know how to match it to the rest of my head. :yep:

I plan to do a half Biotera, half KCCC experiment next. I'll continue to primarily patronize the black company, of course, but it would be nice to know that I'm not *tied* to it, you know? Cuz what if they change the formula or go out of business?? :(

aharri23

Smooth with a touch of graininess (sp) I hate they way bs makes my hair feel. It hard to detangle and rough

Same! I started using ACV these days.

I bought a big bottle of Biotera gel from Sally's and, since I had so much, I decided to experiment. My hair had been washed the day before and put into 8 or so twists so it was already stretched. I tested the frizziest part of my hair.

I divided it and put diluted gel on one area, straight gel on the other. The straight gel area coiled nicely which makes me happy because now I know how to match it to the rest of my head. :yep:

I plan to do a half Biotera, half KCCC experiment next. I'll continue to primarily patronize the black company, of course, but it would be nice to know that I'm not *tied* to it, you know? Cuz what if they change the formula or go out of business?? :(

Lol Kinky-Curly ain't going out of business anytime soon, im sure she likes her millions :lol:

msbettyboop

My hair felt very rough when I started but the last two times, it felt smooth during step 1. I didn't try to detangle but I think I would have been able to if I tried.

By the way, since I started this regimen I haven't used a comb or brush. I do everything with my fingers......

msbettyboop

You should! It's pretty simple to dupe. That's why they leave out ingredients :lol:

Really? I would love to dupe it. I want to continue buying it but I live at the other end of the world and shipping costs a fortune!

Honey Bee

You should! It's pretty simple to dupe. That's why they leave out ingredients :lol:
You know, I *really* considered it. I make medicinal skin preparations, leave-in shouldn't be too hard... but then, I like being able to buy it (for when I'm lazy :look:) and I like that they're black-owned.

Don't sell out, Kinky Curly or I'll be duping all over your @ss. :lol:

:look::look::look:

msbettyboop

Has anyone tried all 3 products below and if so, which one would you rate the best:

1. Trader joe's teat tree and eucalyptus conditioner
2. Jessicurl deep treatment
3. Jessicurl too shea conditioner