MHM Hangout

faithVA

Finally getting around to washing. I used bs + curls ecstasy for step 1. Used Jessicurl DC on the right and naturelle grow herbal blends on the left. Going to use the mud puddle for step 3. I think last wash I uses AIA leave in, my honeychild type 4 hair cream and oyin burnt sugar pomade. Will stick to that this week. It worked well.

msbettyboop

The first time I did this, I used Skala Avocado conditioner for deep conditioning and co wash and it turned out quite well. It doesn't have any of the no no ingredients so I'll continue using that while I figure out how to solve my product availability issues.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Where are you getting the lemongrass on from? I'm having difficulty finding that one

I dont think the other tressume naturals conditioner is approved, but I could be wrong (I REALLY hope so). If they are approved that would be awesome. I can find the avocado one everywhere but I cant find the lemon grass one. The only place that I have found it is at Bed bath and beyond and I had to REALLY search for it.

I read the avocado one is fine but I have seen the lemongrass one at my local Meijer grocery store and some Jewels. pelohello

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Where are you getting the lemongrass on from? I'm having difficulty finding that one

I dont think the other tressume naturals conditioner is approved, but I could be wrong (I REALLY hope so). If they are approved that would be awesome. I can find the avocado one everywhere but I cant find the lemon grass one. The only place that I have found it is at Bed bath and beyond and I had to REALLY search for it.

Yep that's what I remember reading so we're good. They have the same ingredients, of course except the avocado and lemongrass.

The one thing I don't understand is aloe vera isn't approved although its in a lot of the approved products like Camille Rose.

faithVA

[USER=323671 said:
KiWiStyle[/USER];20881633]Yep that's what I remember reading so we're good. They have the same ingredients, of course except the avocado and lemongrass.

The one thing I don't understand is aloe vera isn't approved although its in a lot of the approved products like Camille Rose.

It's not that it isn't approved. People are just warned to watch for it because some people find that it acts like an astringent and is drying to their hair. People are just advised to be aware and to avoid it if there hair is sensitive.

It's the same with glycerin. They aren't true no no products. They are more be aware of products.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
It's not that it isn't approved. People are just warned to watch for it because some people find that it acts like an astringent and is drying to their hair. People are just advised to be aware and to avoid it if there hair is sensitive.

It's the same with glycerin. They aren't true no no products. They are more be aware of products.

Gotcha!!!

msbettyboop

It's not that it isn't approved. People are just warned to watch for it because some people find that it acts like an astringent and is drying to their hair. People are just advised to be aware and to avoid it if there hair is sensitive. It's the same with glycerin. They aren't true no no products. They are more be aware of products.

Good to know. Thanks.

msbettyboop

For international ladies having problems finding products, iherb is offering 50% off on shipping for orders over $40. I just ordered KCKT, bentonite clay and more Giovanni Nutrafix. All came to under $50. I'm all set for the next few weeks.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Bout to start. I went to ross today and they had every single Giovanni conditioner except for the approved one. So i looked into the ingredients and i now know why they aren't approved. Some of them have glycerin and soy wheat protein high on the list.

I'll just have to use my watered down Burt bee's for now.

msbettyboop

Day 4 almost complete. Going to bed with the clay in and will wash out tomorrow morning. I'm mighty pleased with kinky curly knot today which arrived today (talk about supersonic shipping. Lol). Very soft and defined curls. I made more flaxseed gel oil today and added vitamin e oil and sweet almond oil.

Day 3 hair when I was done didn't dry right. I wonder if this has something to do with me squeezing out all the excess water after applying the leave in, gel and oil? Or I didn't apply enough gel because I didn't want it to be crunchy like day 1 when I diffused? The curls in the back, mostly 4a and b, were defined but the front which is mostly 3c dried almost straight. Hmmm...the trial continues.

I will report back tomorrow when I wash out the clay. Night night :).

hairtimes5

Ok, I have a serious problem. I just finished day 3 and more or less used up all the $20 Giovanni nutrafix reconstructor even though I diluted it. I can't $20 spend every week on a tube of this (6.5oz):crying3::nono:. Does Giovanni make this in huge tubs?:sad:

Not sure if they carry the nutrafix reconstructor, but massage warehouse carries large sizes of Giovanni products.

hairtimes5

Finally getting around to washing. I used bs + curls ecstasy for step 1. Used Jessicurl DC on the right and naturelle grow herbal blends on the left. Going to use the mud puddle for step 3. I think last wash I uses AIA leave in, my honeychild type 4 hair cream and oyin burnt sugar pomade. Will stick to that this week. It worked well.

Which DC do you like best? I LOVE Naturelle Grow herbal blends. Been thinking about trying something different just to switch things up but then I think if it ain't broke why fix it. Curious about Jessicurl though...

faithVA

[USER said:
hairtimes5;20886263[/USER]]Which DC do you like best? I LOVE Naturelle Grow herbal blends. Been thinking about trying something different just to switch things up but then I think if it ain't broke why fix it. Curious about Jessicurl though...

I will let you know next wash. I was rushing so much to finish I didn't pay attention after I rinsed.

Price wise I thing NG is much better.

faithVA

[USER said:
hairtimes5;20886263[/USER]]Which DC do you like best? I LOVE Naturelle Grow herbal blends. Been thinking about trying something different just to switch things up but then I think if it ain't broke why fix it. Curious about Jessicurl though...

I will let you know next wash. I was rushing so much to finish I didn't pay attention after I rinsed.

Price wise I thing NG is much better.

aharri23

Maybe it's a ph thing?

I'm not sure but I made two batches of gel one with aloe vera juice and one without both batches had roughly the same pH. The Aloe vera juice side had defined curls and the water side was frizzy. I also bought a gel this summer that didn't have any aloe vera juice (strauss herbal hair styling gel) and my hair was frizzy with no hold.

msbettyboop

Day 4 complete. Results, outstanding. I completed step 4 and 5 differently today. I applied in sections and really took the time to work it in. Instead of squeezing out excess water, I just shook my head (giving myself a slight headache:p ). My hair in front, 3c, doesn't shrink up as much as the back, 4b, so it kinda looked off by the time my hair dried. I tried to tuck as much in front as possible but you have to look really hard to notice. By the way, how can you tell if your cuticle didn't close properly?

Thank God I live alone cos my bathroom looks like a pig sty. There are stains everywhere. MHM is realllllly messy........

Honey Bee

I'm not sure but I made two batches of gel one with aloe vera juice and one without both batches had roughly the same pH. The Aloe vera juice side had defined curls and the water side was frizzy. I also bought a gel this summer that didn't have any aloe vera juice (strauss herbal hair styling gel) and my hair was frizzy with no hold.
So, let me ask you, what is the nature of your hair? Hi po/ lo po? Fine/ med/ thick strands? Density?

I've watched a few of your vids and the front of my hair looks a lot like yours, but I haven't tried aloe vera on my hair yet.

msbettyboop

So I sent my sis a pic and we had the following conversation:

Sis: Nice....
Me: thanks. Go natural baby.
Sis: what? That's not curly kinky weave?
Me: nope. It's my hair.
Sis: WOW.

MHM wins :p.

aharri23

So, let me ask you, what is the nature of your hair? Hi po/ lo po? Fine/ med/ thick strands? Density?

I've watched a few of your vids and the front of my hair looks a lot like yours, but I haven't tried aloe vera on my hair yet.

I'm low porosity and I have probably med/thick strands. Not sure about density. I think aloe vera is ok for the gel step, but you should stay clear of it in your conditioner/clay step.

bemajor

What are signs that you should do a cherry lola? I did one in oct but can't tell if I should do one again.

JustSitNBePretty

I just did an Aphogee two-step treatment Saturday, that stopped my breakage and made my hair feel stronger. I wanna do the Cherry Lola, mainly for the moisture retention and curl definition but I also know its a protein treatment. Would it be too much to do it a week later after the Aphogee reconstructing treatment?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I thought the same thing KiWiStyle but I've had both and they look and work differently.

I don't know hairtimes5. I researched before I bought it and different resources says Rhassoul clay goes by different names, moroccan red clay being one of them. Could it be that different quality causes the products to work differently?

msbettyboop

I was supposed to do day 5 today but I'm kinda tired so I've postponed till tomorrow. However, the curls have held up. I spritzed with water and threw into a high bun.

Sorry I'm not posting pictures but i'm on my phone and I have to first upload to another website and post the link here and I never get round to it. I will try to post a picture before the end of the week. Thanks.

By the way, is the clay supposed to loosen curls? I compared pictures from day 2 and day 4 when hair was wet. Day 2, the hair in front reached up to the bridge of my nose but on day 4, it reached the bottom of my chin....