May 10,11,12..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:blowkiss:

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mommie's, Auntie's, Sisters, God-Mothers, Firends and all the Wonderful, Beautiful Women that contribute and pour into the Life of a Child.

We are all Blessed to have someone who's lives we can touch with our knowledge, inspiration, encouragement and Love.

So, what will You Remarkable & Amazing Ladies being doing this weekend to Nuture & Nourish Those Beautiful Heads of Hair of Yours??????:flowers:

Forever in Bloom

Well, as an auntie to 3 nieces and one nephew, I will be doing only 1 nieces head of hair this weekend. My niece will be graduating from elementary school, so I'm gonna hook her head up!

My mom will also be getting the star treatment so she can look gawjus on Sunday.

I can't leave myself out, so I'll be taking my twists down. I have 25 twists (yeah, they're kinda fat) and have been taking down a few at a time using coconut oil and water and finger detangling (THIS is an awesome method. No more Tresemme prior to washing and no cones or combs necessary to detangle) I have 12 more to go though and it takes about 30 minutes per twist! I'm super slow and gentle when it comes to removing shed hair. Plus, I haven't used a comb since February I think, just my little ol' fingers! I've just been grabbing sections and twisting - I know, very bad! But my hair looks and feels great - it hasn't suffered from it :) It went through a crazy transitional period of looking and feeling strange when I switched natural, non-silicone laden products, but now it's like a whole new head of hair.

I have four days off from work, so I'll be sure to properly detangle before twisting my hair again.

I'm gonna use a couple of my newly purchased Just Natural products to style my hair. I'm going to try my hand at making a coconut milk conditioner with honey as a rinse out, doing a 5 Olive Oil Hot Oil Treatment (Just Natural product), and using Greek yogurt or mayo as a deep conditioner (a la Naptural85) <-- I've already made her oil mix and it's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

caliscurls

This weekend I will be attempting my first roller set since an utter fail last summer :nono: I'm excited - I have my Pibbs, the right products, and tons of YouTube videos, blogs, and LHCF posts in my memory bank. Hopefully it will come out decent enough to wear out tomorrow night and Sunday.

EnExitStageLeft

Prepoo using Dabur Vatika Oil

Shampoo using Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair followed by Soft Sheen Carson Breathru Poo'

DC w/ steam using either NG Slippery Elm Marshmallow Root and Cinnamon DC or Amazing Botanicals Honey Conditioner

Detangle in shower using my slippy conditioner mix

Apply leaves ins: Distilled Water, DB Herbal Leave In, DB Peach Kernel Hair Milk topped w/ DB Tucuma Butter Moisture Whip, Seal w/ DB Pumpkin Elixir and apply Phyto Phtyokeratine Serum to my ends.

Air Dry using the banding method and BUN LIKE ITS MY JOB NEXT WEEK! :grin:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
A twistout for my son's college graduation.

Congrats to your son, I know you're a super proud mommy right now.

As for my hair, I'm gonna co-wash, rollerset, airdry. I really want to start using honey in my hair to lighten it up, thinking about adding raw honey to water and then keeping it in for an hour.

kupenda

Prepoo with Nourish oil
Shampoo with Cocoa Rhassoul shampoo bar
Green tea spritz
DC with Sitrinillah
Detangle with Soft Lime Marshmallows or Kinky Curly Knot Today
Twist with Hairveda whipped gelly
Dry overnight for a twistout this weekend

Channy31

My weekend plans consist of bunning because I'm going to be revising all weekend :(
Flat ironing for the first time in a while though because I'm going to work on Friday. Although may see if I can get around it some how.

lovelycurls

Clarify hair
Henna treatment
Deep condition with one of my silicone free conditioners, oils
Final rinse with acv+distilled water
Apply leave in conditioner, seal and twist up to air dry.

Happy Mother's Day ladies :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Beamodel

Cowash - Tresemme Naturals
Protein - SSI Okra (1st time using)
DC - JessiCurl DT
Leave in - Darcy Vanilla Leave in
Seal - Jar of Joe

Aggie

Mostly cowashing all 3 days because I won't have time for deep conditioning this weekend.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Just finished washing, DC'ing & doing a protein treatment. Set my hair in pillow rollers for the night. Gonna add my clip-ins tmr for extra length.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
- Do a HOT with steam using Hairitage Green Tea Time
- Spray hair with rooibos tea and top with Hairitage Banana Pudding dc
- M&S with Hairitage Soft Coconut Marshmallows and Jar of Joe
- Twist hair back up for wiggin

:reddancer:

MGA2013

Pre poo: Hairveda vatika frosting
Shampoo: Shea moisture retention shampo
DC: NaturelleGrow intense deep conditioner
Conditioner: organix macadamia nut oil

Moisture and seal: Hairveda whipped clouds and avosoya oil

Air dry

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did an Oil Soak for a few hours with Dabur Mustard Seed Oil (Saran Wrap & Plastic Cap)
Cowashed with Oyin Honey Hemp
Doing a Protein Rx with b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla Soak
Will Steam with Enso Naturals SeaBuckthorn & Horsetail over Coffee
ACV Hairveda's Rinse
Tea & Leave-In
Dry under Dryer

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Did an Oil Soak for a few hours with Dabur Mustard Seed Oil (Saran Wrap & Plastic Cap)
Cowashed with Oyin Honey Hemp
Doing a Protein Rx with b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla Soak
Will Steam with Enso Naturals SeaBuckthorn & Horsetail over Coffee
ACV Hairveda's Rinse
Tea & Leave-In
Dry under Dryer

IDareT'sHair what does the bolded smell like? Does is smell like mustard, or does it have a masking agent?

Babygrowth

Somebody threw my henna gloss mix away so no henna this weekend :angry: so instead:

Prepoo: tea mix and NG slippery elm
Clarify: elucence
Hairveda pH rinse
R/O: KBN creamy and detangle
DC: Marie Dean olive wheat and berry protein treatment
If needed follow up with HV moist 24/7
OCB: CocoJBCO oil, Oyin Handmade Hair Dew, KBN butter
Dust ends

Then I will do my crochet install hopefully! Or just cornrow and wig it if it doesn't turn out good!

Last edited:

SeeLexus

At the salon right now about to hide my hair with a weave for a couple months ..here is my blow dry. I'm a couple inches from waist length . Hoping weaving it will get me there by the end of the year.

froglow.jpg

AlliCat

cleanse with a sulfate shampoo
deep condition with Elucence MB Conditioner
Add leave-ins
Blow dry or dry under dryer

melahnee

Bun my hair like crazy. I look so funny right now. The front of my hair can't reach a bun way to the back (and vice versa), so I started to make one in the front and one in the back. haha. my sister told me I look like a unicorn.

and my scalp itches! idk why this is, but it's been going on basically since I started phyto! new growth please.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Pre-pooing with JBCO on the scalp and Silk Dreams (SD) Pre on the length of my hair
Will cleanse with SD Whip My Hair
DC with SD Vanilla Silk w/heat
Air Dry in 6-8 braids for braid out using LCO method w/SD Wheat Germ, Creme de la Silk, & Nourish

I'm so excited, to test out Silk Dreams!

Jewell

Beautimus, gawjus, big hair SeeLexus ! Gosh I just love big hair.

Anywho, today I soaked my hair in warm coconut oil, massaged my scalp with it in, then let it sit under a metallic conditioning cap for 20 mins. (My original intention was to let it penetrate for 1 hour before shampooing, but I was tired and had to hurry). Then, I shampooed with my rosemary/EO shampoo, applied Aphogee 2-min keratin treatment, rinsed, poured warm black coffee mixed with black tea over hair, massaged it into the hair and scalp. Topped the coffee/blk tea with L'Oreal Total Repair conditioner and put the Total Repair Balm on my edges and ends.

Rinsed, applied Joico leave-in spray, Mane 'N Tail conditioner, shea butter/EO cream (ends only) Garnier Fructis Length & Strength conditioner allover hair. Sealed with Dabur Vatika oil and grapeseed mixed with olive oil. I added some hair food pomade to the last 8 inches of my hair as my heavy sealant.

Twisted it up into a French twist to air dry, and put on my scarf. I have to make a vertical infinity symbol when I twist my hair up in the back due to the length. I tuck the ends under the twist and that keeps them moist, although I often cover the whole twist in saran wrap at night and when Im just in the house to keep my ends moist. With the length I'm going for, I have to keep my ends in check since I rarely trim. Im on a personal no trim challenge for the forseeable future. S&D only.

IDareT'sHair

Interesting abt the mustard oil. I have some in my watch list to buy for my oil soaks...well i just know I will love it so I'll suck it up and get it. I'll try to find a complimentary EO to add to help tone down the scent. I want to try some pure neem oil for oil soaks too, but it's stinky. Ah well I'll find smthn for that smell too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Angelicus

Pretreat with coconut oil
Clarify with VO5 Clarifying Shampoo (kiwi)
Silk Dreams Go Moist Shampoo
Steam with Silk Dreams Avocado Pudding
Use Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner as a Leave-in

Roller set, dry, then apply Silk Dreams End-Tegrity Serum to new growth and ends.
Flat iron new growth only. Retain style by pin-curling.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
after washing with shampoo bar using komaza protein
steaming with a couple of leftover deep conditioners and some wheat germ oil.

i plan on doing my first wash and go using mahoganycurls' method. if it doesn't look good i will rinse it out and blowdry and do a hi lo ponytail for the rest of the week.

ronie

Tomorrow

Prepoo with coconut oil for 8-12 hours
Shampoo with oyin handmade grand poo bar (first use). I would have liked to try my sd go moist instead, but it's not there.
DC with Shea what
Leave in sd mocha silk hair milk
Airdry 80%
Moisturize with sd almond buttercream
Twist with sd mocha bling butter

ETA:

This actually did not happen. Got too busy over the weekend, and did not wash my hair until Wednesday. At that point my hair had other needs, so i used different products.

Last edited:

Angel of the North

At some point today I'm planning to:
Cowash - Dr Organics conditioner and oil mix
DC - Aphogee 2 min
HOT - papaya oil
Moisturise - Organics shea butter and tea tree oil moisturizer
Seal - Grapeseed oil and Avocado butter