MARCEL IRONS!

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
i am about to buy a marcel iron set. ive found 2 complete sets for UNDER $200!

so anyway, what i am wanting to know is what brand is better as far as marcel. the kentucky maid, or gold n hot. i want to buy the best quality i can get. thanks :)

calliope

Now, is the Marcel for your hair, or for weaved hair? Because when I think of Marcel, I think of those irons that they place in the mini stoves at the salon. If this is what your talking about and its for your own hair, I would run as far and as fast as I could in the other direction and never look back. I believe that the use of that item (and pressing combs heated up on the kitchen stove) has been the culprit that has kept many of us down for years. Now if it's for a weave, go for it, just don't burn yourself.

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
yes, i am talking about for my own hair. i am looking to pucrhase a set, complete with irons, a stand, and stove.

i do hair out of my house and frankly,im getting annoyed with my ceramic iron results. even on me, yes,the hair gets very dtraight...but i enjoy the movement and silkiness that i get when a marcel iron is used.

cutebajangirl

Since the introduction of ceramic the marcel sets have dropped waaaaaaaay down in price. I see them in bss for $99-$149. If I wasn't so clumsy I would buy one. I agree with you Weave in my experience the stove irons make the hair (weave and own) look so much better. Good Luck!