Need a little help...Is Marcel Wax....

Melaninme

the same product as the DAX Marcel Curling Wax product? I heard about using Marcel Wax to help smooth one's hair, but when I did a search on this product, my search engine returned DAX Marcel Curling Wax as a possible link and I am unsure as to if the two are one in the same /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

If this Marcel Wax is not Dax's version, can someone please let me know what company manufactures this product and where can I find it.

TIA! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Destanee

Hi Asha97

Dax is just one of the many companies or manufacturers that distribute marcel wax. I've seen Dax, Ampro, Lady Hilda ect...

ETA: They are the same just a different distributor.

Are you looking Dax or a certain brand?

Camille

I have the stuff @ home, but I am work now, if no one has answered the question I will let you know.

Melaninme

Yes, I know that DAX is the manufacturer of the DAX Marcel Curling Wax, but I have read a few post where the product listed simply stated, Marcel Wax. Not DAX Marcel Wax, XXX Marcel Wax, just Marcel Wax.

Also, you are right, I guess I am looking for a certain brand, but which one? Any recommendations would/will be greatly appreciated. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Melaninme

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Camille said:
I have the stuff @ home, but I am work now, if no one has answered the question I will let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Camille!

VALLEYGIRL

Hi asha
I have used a marcel wax in the past but I'm sorry I cant remember the brand. It was a red color in a clear see through jar.

I think they are all pretty much the same ...more or less the same ingredients.

Sorry I know this wasn't much help. But the red kind worked pretty well. I have never tried the Dax brand but like I said I remember the ingredients being pretty much the same while deciding which one to buy in the beauty supply store.

Valleygirl

Melaninme

VALLEYGIRL said:
Hi asha
I have used a marcel wax in the past but I'm sorry I cant remember the brand. It was a red color in a clear see through jar.

I think they are all pretty much the same ...more or less the same ingredients.

Sorry I know this wasn't much help. But the red kind worked pretty well. I have never tried the Dax brand but like I said I remember the ingredients being pretty much the same while deciding which one to buy in the beauty supply store.

Valleygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sweetie! This information IS helpful and I appreciate your sharing.

Destanee

Sorry I mis-understood your question.

I have used Lady Hilda and Ampro. The Ampro was a bit greasy. With the lady Hilda I have had very good results.
I only use the red though. I don't care too much for the white.

Melaninme

Destinee said:
Sorry I mis-understood your question.

I have used Lady Hilda and Ampro. The Ampro was a bit greasy. With the lady Hilda I have had very good results.
I only use the red though. I don't care too much for the white.

[/ QUOTE ]

BIG THANKS!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

Try Elasta QP's curl wax, it's a lavender color and works well. It seems much lighter than the red kind in the clear jar.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS I have a almost brand new jar if you wanna trade something! Come on ya know ya wanna trade something /images/graemlins/poke.gif

I'm yo pusha!

Melaninme

ms_kenesha said:
Try Elasta QP's curl wax, it's a lavender color and works well. It seems much lighter than the red kind in the clear jar.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS I have a almost brand new jar if you wanna trade something! Come on ya know ya wanna trade something /images/graemlins/poke.gif

I'm yo pusha!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but wouldn't ya' know it. I just packed a box full of hair products to send to my mother for her to try. A day late, a day short. LOL! This is too funny! If I had anything else, I surely wouldn't mind trading with cha'.

Thank you so much for the information. If you don't mind what are the ingredients. I just left a store that carried both Ampro and Dax marcel wax. The ampro contained mineral oil listed as an ingredient and they both contained patroleum.

ms_kenesha

I'm currently at school so I can't post the ingredients now, but I will later tonight. I'm almost positve that it too contains mineral oil or petroleum.

Here's the pic

Melaninme

ms_kenesha said:
I'm currently at school so I can't post the ingredients now, but I will later tonight. I'm almost positve that it too contains mineral oil or petroleum.

Thanks! I appreciate it greatly your effort in helping me.

Take care. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Here's the pic

[/ QUOTE ]

Camille

Wow, Asha, looks like you have all the responses you need! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But to add my 2 cents, the one I have @ home is the Ampro and I agree with the rest it is toooooo greasy /images/graemlins/frown.gif and too heavy for my hair and I have 4b that grows in pretty thick. Try something differnt is my suggestion. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Destanee

Hi Asha

My mistake. I actually looked at my wax and it's not Lady Hilda /images/graemlins/shocked.gif it's Sport's. Here's a pic:

Sorry about the confusion! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Melaninme

Camille said:
Wow, Asha, looks like you have all the responses you need! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif But to add my 2 cents, the one I have @ home is the Ampro and I agree with the rest it is toooooo greasy /images/graemlins/frown.gif and too heavy for my hair and I have 4b that grows in pretty thick. Try something differnt is my suggestion. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks sweetie! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw Ampro today at the local Korean shop, but I didn't purchase it. I wanted to wait until I heard from you and others on recommendations.

Melaninme

Destinee said:
Hi Asha

My mistake. I actually looked at my wax and it's not Lady Hilda /images/graemlins/shocked.gif it's Sport's. Here's a pic:

Sorry about the confusion! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much for posting the picture. It states on the label to apply to pressed hair. Can it also be used when I wear my natural hair curly, especially when wearing a ponytail to help lay my hair down?

TIA,

Asha /images/graemlins/wink.gif

VALLEYGIRL

That's Ampro

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Chipmunk!!!
It sure was!!!

adrienne0914

asha, i use this stuff to get my fly aways to lay down:

it's called Beyond the Zone Stiff Head. i get it at Sally's. it's a stick that i rub right on my hair. it works really well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

deon19

Hello Asha
I just want to added my 2 cents . Dudley has a curling wax it is kind of thick but it will works well with holding your curls. You can get it from a beauty supply store or you local hair
dresser if they carry Dudley products.

Destanee

Asha97 said:
Thank you so much for posting the picture. It states on the label to apply to pressed hair. Can it also be used when I wear my natural hair curly, especially when wearing a ponytail to help lay my hair down?

TIA,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think It would work good for ponytails and puffs. Although I have only used it for my puffs. Sometimes for a puff I apply IC gel and my wax, and brush it up. A little goes a long way, so you don't have to use alot of wax.

When you say wearing it curly, do you mean wearing your hair down? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I've never tried it like that.

When/if you you try the wax let me know how it turns out! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Melaninme

adrienne0914 said:
asha, i use this stuff to get my fly aways to lay down:

it's called Beyond the Zone Stiff Head. i get it at Sally's. it's a stick that i rub right on my hair. it works really well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Adrienne. I'll stop by Sally's during lunch and check this out.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Melaninme

Destinee said:
Asha97 said:

TIA,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think It would work good for ponytails and puffs. Although I have only used it for my puffs. Sometimes for a puff I apply IC gel and my wax, and brush it up. A little goes a long way, so you don't have to use alot of wax.

When you say wearing it curly, do you mean wearing your hair down? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I've never tried it like that.

When/if you you try the wax let me know how it turns out! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I'm interested in having my front to lay down like yours in your avatar.

Also, when I do try this I will make sure to let you and the others know of my results.

Take care and BIG THANKS to all of you. You ladies are the BEST!!!!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif