Same Effects As A Marcel Iron?

Bachelorette

Ok I did my hair a couple of days ago. (braids in front, weave in the back), I used Remi Gold hair, normally I use Senstionelle Platinum Yaki which is good and have body and Im able to do ponytails and such HOWEVER it has chemicals in it(to make it shiny) so it makes me itch like a lunatic so yea I used the Ramy Gold this time and frankly I find it very blah.

It's just toooo straight and all I can do is just leave it down and I wanna do so much more than that, like I used to with my Senstionalle, but I cant take it out since I did spend money on it so Im hoping I can use something LIKE a Marcel iron that will help me give it some body so I can do other styles. when i was in school, my stylist there was black and had a marcel iron she used on weaves that made them nice. Sadly I cant start going to Rochester anytime I need a marcel iron esp since I do weaves like once-twice a year.

The beauty shops around me are mostly Dominican so they dont have marcel irons, just ordinary flat irons and such and I tried trying to give my weave body with them once and it looked like a poofy mess.

Is there anything I can use to get result? I never really use flat iron/curlings irons so I really dont know much about the various types and which is best for what. Im not even sure if I own one since I ALWAYS do rollersets when my hair is out so any help would be appreciated.

msa

Why don't you try a rollerset? You already have the rollers. And that could give the hair more volume.

Pandora1975

From what I can tell, all that Marcel refers to is the handle style and possibly quality of the iron. Is this what it looked like?

http://www.sallybeauty.com/curling-iron/SBS-255714,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-01

If so, I can tell you that they take some getting used to. I used to use them when I curled religiously. My old hairdresser gave it to me because the ones in the store didn't get hot enough. This one I could have in my hair for the amount of time it took to wind the curl, and it was set and done. Since you said you don't use them often, I'm not sure you want to start with one like that.

Then again... I could be completely wrong- long time since I bought anything but a flat iron.

Last edited:

Bachelorette

Yes it looks something like that, they usually put it in some sorta opening for it to get hot. I dont know how to use it but if i could get the name of a flat iron that works like that, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help girls

Pandora1975

Oh- that was just heated with a stove instead of electricity. Don't deal with it if you are unfamiliar. I actually would go with the non-heat methods if it were me. The you don't risk burning and destroying what you paid good money for, and can redo it relatively risk free if you aren't happy with it.

ChocalateDiva

A Marcel Iron will probally be too hot for weave. I wouldnt recommend it. Try a braidout or some rollers on the hair while dry.