Maca Root- Sex and Hair Growth 2010

BKfinest

Hello Ladies....any up dates on Maca? This is my second week and this morning my boobs are sore..I read on here someone boobs were sore while taking it so I guess something is working. I measured my butt on Tuesday at 42' maybe I will do it again next tuesday to see if it's growing.

MrsMe

I gave in and just bought some. I've been lurking threads about maca and doing some research to make sure it is what I am looking for, i.e. some supplement that could help with my hormonal imbalance + decreasing libido + lack of energy + fibroids...yeah, my 26-year-old body has been making me feel quite old lately :look:. I should get it by Friday and I will surely start on the spot.
What's a safe dosage to start with?

MrsMe

Stopped it after five months. I'm surprised I lasted that long!
In the beginning it was giving me hot flashes with a boost of energy. I then proceeded to lower the dosage from 1.5 tsp to 1 and I didn't feel the flashes anymore.
I did not get the libido increase but my weight did go more towards my hips and some on my already big breasts, which I didn't need.
I was also getting more acne, fatigue and mood springs (I almost felt like hurting my FI :perplexed:) before menstruation. These three symptoms were something that I thought would be regulated by the maca, but it didn't happen.:nono: I did some research and found that some people were dealing with similar issues and they lowered their maca intake during the second half of their menstrual cycle. I did that, too, but it still wasn't enough to relieve my symptoms.

I tried to finish my first bag because I hate to waste my money but I knew I could not touch my second bag...which is still in its unopened Amazon box. If anybody who has had success with it wants it, PM me.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

mscocopuff

Good thread! I am def going to invest in this asap!! My libido has dwindled badly, so I have been looking for a pick me up. Now, on the booty front, I am a little nervous because I have a donk and I don't want to walk around like a Budweiser horse. LOL. I could use a little up top so we will see how it works out. Thanks for sharing ladies!

apemay1969

you may get gassy.... and it smells BAD!!!! lol but once you get through that (if it even happens to you) you're golden lol

Bump.......a month and it isn't going away...:nono:

My hair seems to have grown but that could be the castor oil stretching my thin, fine hair.

As for libido, well, I'm more selective now. I mean I'm single and I have about three safe friends that I've 'known' for a few years. Now that I've started the maca root, I'll probably thin the fan club down to one. I guess I had a cold down and couldn't taste anything - if that makes sense. Now that my 'nose' is cleared up, I don't need to eat as much cause I can taste it and I'm satisfied.

:look:

This analogy is going bad very quickly.

Basically, I'm saying that now that I can feel it and enjoy it, the two less qualified will have to wait awhile.:yep:

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I have been taking it for like two months now, I took the powder, didn't measure anything just put it in the cap and took it straight up, I it use to that terrible taste, but now taking a vegan capsule of it from gnc. I notice my periods are lighter, waiting on full benefits of libido, I feel it changing very slowly. I didn't know it gave some acne