Maca Root- Sex and Hair Growth 2010

My Friend

I've read over older threads concerning Maca Root and I wanted to know if anyone has experienced an increase in hair growth?

Some people have gotten a boost in their sex drive,:blush: so I'm wondering if that is due to an increase in circulation which may lead to an increase in hair growth.

Please share any pros and cons you may have had/have with Maca

Mz.MoMo5235

i take maca... yes there is a HUGE boost in libido. but it did zilch for my hair or my booty :( but sex is great with it and it makes you happy and gives you energy :)

B3e

I'm planning on starting Maca Sept 1 to balance my hormones and potentially replace my BC, I'm on it for cramps and all the added baggage that comes with it just isn't for me. Plus...the lack of sex drive and disinterest in all things happy seems to be my reaction to BC (extra hormones). Balancing my own hormones while easing extreme pms symptoms will probably have little if any down sides and all the good that I had hoped BC would give. Don't get me wrong...going up 2 cup sizes was amazing!!!...but going down 3...not so much. I want my old body back...booty and all...and Maca, may provide that for me.

I think like BC, which also effects hormones, one can experience many changes among which may or may not be hair growth, increased breasts, increased booty. But it is a fertility herb so while the aforementioned things may not be effects, energy and boost in libido are definite effects. There are other benefits to Maca Root and I have included a link.

One can only hope for :hair:, :naughtycouch:, and a bigger :moon:....but they may not be among your particular bodies reaction to the root. But at least you can look forward to :dinner: and :strong:

Maca Root Benefits

HTH! I will chronicle my experience with 525mg of the root daily as soon as I begin taking it. I would like to have taken Biotin for 2 months before starting Maca so that I can distinguish between the two especially where hair growth is concerned.

ChasingBliss

Hmm, the only thing maca gave me was more acne. I suppose it would have regulated itself after while but I didnt have the patience.

fatimablush

all maca did was maca my tatas sore and improved my moods..nothing in the coloring dept yet.

I am taking the now brand. the natrol brand did nothing..i want to try the navitas brand when i get some money.

Chameleonchick

I took the powder version of it before. It does work quickly for the hormones, but you will smell like this powder. Like my sweat and burps would smell just like this powder all day long. That was the only downside.

beana

I take it and i like it. I usually have noticeable pms symptoms, but after 4 months of consistent use, i hardly get pms symptoms anymore. My periods can still be quite rocky but the pms symptoms have definitely improved.

Not sure what effect its had on my body or hair growth but i will continue to take it as a supplement.

Nasdaq_Diva

I take 1tsp daily for the past few weeks. I haven't noticed any adverse effects just yet. I may go ahead an increase my dosage though. I think I'm long over due.

MsLizziA

I was taking Maca but i honestly didn't not see anything significant in my mood changes... maybe it was because I was not taking it consistently ....

Oh well. I need something to change my mood and balance my hormones out. This just might be the thing! Especially during my period.. SHEESH! You wanna see a crazy woman?

Naturefreegirl

I have been taking Maca on and off for the past two months and I feel great. I was taken the Kallaq brand that I brought from Shamans Market, after doing research and speaking to the folks at Whole foods , I decided to take NOW brand because its a very potent one (6:1 ratio). I cannot see any difference yet, but I will keep you guys updated.

aa9746

i didn't know this could be used for hair growth. i bought this herb to help with fertility but i haven't been consistent with taking it.

Nasdaq_Diva

i didn't know this could be used for hair growth. i bought this herb to help with fertility but i haven't been consistent with taking it.
She's asking if anyone uses it for hair growth. I don't think (noticed) hair growth is a factor while taking maca.

indarican

Maca actualy added about 2inches to my booty, i didnt notice any of the libido side effects but then again i wasnt paying attention. But I did have loads of energy. As for hair growth... nothing.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Maca actualy added about 2inches to my booty, i didnt notice any of the libido side effects but then again i wasnt paying attention. But I did have loads of energy. As for hair growth... nothing.

Did the maca really add 2 inches to your bottom line or are you doing exercises to increase too? Just wondering because I notice your siggy and didn't know that you can add or subtract from just one part of your body. I've been exercising to keep what I have up. :look:

(waiting to take notes.)

detroitdiva

I bought some maca root right after I had my daughter last year in the powder form. I had taken it for six months before I got preggo again. Lol. I'm not sure if it enhanced my sex drive, but I think it made me more fertile. FYI: I am preggo now (due date:sept 24). It did however, enhance my curves, both butt and waist. I was slimming up and my stomach was becoming flatter and my butt was more shapely and rounder. I am still maintaing the curves I gained from my booty. I felt sexier because I had a sexier body and my DH loved it! I was not aware of the hair growth aspect of it, but I plan on using it again after the baby. I will probably do a thread on it towards the end of the year. It definately worth the try, especially if you find a cheap price for it. I think I paid $7.99 for a quart of the Maca root powder. Hope this helps and good luck!

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
I've read over older threads concerning Maca Root and I wanted to know if anyone has experienced an increase in hair growth?

Some people have gotten a boost in their sex drive,:blush: so I'm wondering if that is due to an increase in circulation which may lead to an increase in hair growth.

Please share any pros and cons you may have had/have with Maca

It's a hormone regulator. I suppose that if you have hair issues that are related to hormonal issues (ie. DHT), it may help.

ETA: I use Peruvian Naturals 2,400mg/day

Last edited:

fatimablush

How long have you been taking it?

3 weeks...but i read that it takes 3 months to get the full benefits..i take two of the now brand gelatinized version...i just don't want my face to break out.

on bhm those women are talking results in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. nothing ever works for me that fast.

For those taking the powder brand...what are you mixing it with...I am burnt out with the soy milk and hemp milk..almond milk make my lips swell up bigger than angelina jolies..so do tell..

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I bought some maca root right after I had my daughter last year in the powder form. I had taken it for six months before I got preggo again. Lol. I'm not sure if it enhanced my sex drive, but I think it made me more fertile. FYI: I am preggo now (due date:sept 24). It did however, enhance my curves, both butt and waist. I was slimming up and my stomach was becoming flatter and my butt was more shapely and rounder. I am still maintaing the curves I gained from my booty. I felt sexier because I had a sexier body and my DH loved it! I was not aware of the hair growth aspect of it, but I plan on using it again after the baby. I will probably do a thread on it towards the end of the year. It definately worth the try, especially if you find a cheap price for it. I think I paid $7.99 for a quart of the Maca root powder. Hope this helps and good luck!

Mmmm hmmm. There's your reason you're preggo again. :lachen::lachen: Congrats, girlie! Wishing you a health and safe pregnancy.

Emoniegirl03

I've been on maca for three weeks now. I got the sex crave, then sore boobies, now clamness, i am weight on the bigger booty.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies: Yeah, I took Maca Root to Balance out My Hormones and to help combat Peri-menopausal symptoms.:ohwell: I really liked it. Libido Enhancer and All:look:

I stopped taking it though and had to get on a more structured regimen.:rolleyes:

Good Product.:grin:

Mz.MoMo5235

^Yes, it does make women more fertile and cancels out birth control too!

it doesnt cancel out birth control. before taking it i consulted my dr (who ok'd it). i was on it and birth control and having unprotected sex with my fiancé and no babies popped out here

Nasdaq_Diva

it doesnt cancel out birth control. before taking it i consulted my dr (who ok'd it). i was on it and birth control and having unprotected sex with my fiancé and no babies popped out here
Good to know!

I've read from so many others that they get preggy ASAP from taking maca. I guess I just assumed that it may increase fertility.

Last edited:

Nasdaq_Diva

I think I'd have better results if I was doing some booty workouts (sigh) I need to quit playing already! :wallbash:

Mz.MoMo5235

Good to know!

I've read from so many others that they get preggy ASAP from taking maca. I guess I just assumed that it may increase fertility.

it is true that it increases fertility but that's for those not on the pill.

so no worries. you are safe :grin: