Best Hair Growth Challenge EVER???

Hi ladies,

WOW...over the years there have been SOOOOO many hair growth challenges ... probably too many to possible name (numerous APL, BSL and WSL challenges; carrot juice challenge; MTG challenge, Vitamin Challenges, Ovation Challenge; chlorella challenge,etc). So I'm wondering

1) In terms of hair growth, which challenge has provided you with the greatest increase in hair growth?

2) How much did your hair growth increase?

3) Specificially what did you do?

4) Are you still using / doing what you learned?

5) Is what worked for you during the challenge still working?

SmilingElephant

The challenge i remember being a part of in which i was amazed with the results was the MBL Challenge from last year...but i think that was on another board....but i also followed a couple of rules from last year's Waistlength Challenge and i went from APL to full BSL in around 6 or 7 months.

I co-washed 2-3 times a week

I MADE myself only use heat once a month. Moisturized and sealed everyday and night.

I also was deep conditioning twice a week. And i was faithfully taking my vitamins :)

I have slacked on the deep conditioning twice a week...i'm back down to once a week. I've slacked up on the vitamins and i haven't been co-washing as much. Perhaps i should do what i was doing before?

tenjoy

Best Hair growth challenge is the Keep it Simple challenge. IMO of all the challenges this one prevails.

Stop focusing on trying to "grow" your hair, and focus on keeping your ends. Hair will grow on its own.

1. Wash and DC every week or two
2. protect your ends
3. Dont abuse Heat
4. Wait at least twelve week before touch ups.

The most important thing I have learned is that for those of us with relaxers, overly conditioning/washing "melts" away cuticles on the hair more so than we think, especially your ends.

GoldenBreeze

Best Hair growth challenge is the Keep it Simple challenge. IMO of all the challenges this one prevails.

Stop focusing on trying to "grow" your hair, and focus on keeping your ends. Hair will grow on its own.

2. protect your ends
3. Dont abuse Heat

The most important thing I have learned is that for those of us with relaxers, overly conditioning/washing "melts" away cuticles on the hair more so than we think, especially your ends.

ITA!! I don't have to worry about the touch ups, but keeping it simple and focusing on the ends works.

WaistLengthDreams

2. protect your ends
3. Dont abuse Heat

I can definitely do this!!! Actually I've been doing it over the past two months, yay me!