long hair WITHOUT vitamins

Syrah

I'm a 3C/4a natural, with hair about an inch shy of bra strap. I've NEVER taken hair vitamins.

For me, my problem wasn't getting my hair to grow - it grows. My problem was RETAINING the growth - meaning, it hard more to do with what I did to my hair, than my body's composition. I had to put away the heat, find daily use conditioners and oils that were moisturizing that didn't saturate or way down my hair. It is possible to OVER condition - which makes your hair dry and brittle. I had to get rid of the coarse brushes, and stick with simple brushes and wide teeth combs.

Brownchiq

I dont take vitamins either. My mother always sends me vitamins and I always find it hard to remember to take them. My hair is bra strap right now and it grew from shoulder length in 2004 to what it is now. So it took about two years which I think is about average. Lately my hair has started growing faster, maybe because I work out more.

Healthb4Length

Well I do take vitamins, but mainly for my body not for my hair. I don't eat as well as I'd like to and the vitamins replace what I don't get in my foods. The longest my hair has ever been was bra-length in highschool and I never used any vitamins, I just braided my hair for a year and it grew. Vitamins are not detrimental to hair growth but it can help.

Sade7

I stopped taking vitamins loooooog ago, I get more growth with the MN special concoction and shampooing everyday.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
You can definitely grow long hair w/o vitamins. I don't take vitamins or use any topical growth enhancers. It's just good hair care for me I guess because I don't even eat healthy or drink water.

kristina

I don't take vitamins regularly and I'm pretty close to brastrap. Sometimes I try to take a One a Day and some fish oil for my general health but I'm not at all consistent.