I am tired of taking 16 pills a day

brandy

I've stopped taking vitamins and am just going to concentrate on a better diet. The amount and size of vitamins I take is making me sick. I believe I could achieve long hair without vitamins cos I've done it before.
Don't get me wrong,vitamins work, I currently grow an inch in a month with vitamins but I'm fed up of them now.
Who else is fed up of taking vitamins and why?

UmSumayyah

Why don't you just try cutting back to 4 a day for awhile, at least until you use up all your bottles.

DigitalRain

Maybe you can just stick to taking a regular one a day. I take Centrum Complete everyday. I really don't see the need for all the extra vitamins, unless there is a deficiency.

cary

I couldn't stomach taking more than 2 a day let alone 16 . . .

Rather than all or nothing, how about finding and sticking with a very good multi for your general health? Even w/an excellent diet, a multi is probably a good idea.

Before I discovered LHCF, I was taking a multi and biotin. I experimented w/other supplements, but have gone back to just the two I mention. The other ones which I found to be very good for my overall health and not just my hair, I take in liquid form (flax oil, EPO and fish oil) b/c swallowing anymore pills would make me gag.

offthechainliz

I know how you feel when I 1st came on this board I was takin about the same amount
multi
biotin(made me break out and will never take again)
silica
b vits
hair complezx vits
EPO
flaxseed oil
fish oil
vit c
and the list goes on, I was not consistant cause after a while I just got tired of it.
the only thing I now consistently take is msm. and whenever a can my protien shake which I just blend with milk.
but I just can't stand taking so many pills

Angelicus

what in the world were u doing taking 16 pills a day?

Now this is what I'm talking about when I say "Don't get carried away about your hair. It's growing anyway... it has always been growing."

Girl we love you, we don't want u to gag on a pill for longer hair!

Purtygurly

I take 14 a day, it's not so bad for me. I don't take them only for hair health... I have skin problems too, and also I take them for overall health. I grow 3/4 of an inch a month without vitamins, so I know that you can grow your hair out without them.

I would suggest that you cut out the vitamins that you don't really need. Like the extra b vitamins or any others you don't need. Then just take your multi and msm or whatever supplement that you like

Tebby1017

I'll bump a thread up for you about protein and hair growth...I believe it's called How I Grew 2 Inches of Hair in One Month.

Tebby