What Makes an Ideal Candidate for Your "Hair Inspirations?"

LocksOfLuV

You don't have to name them (I would prefer you not), but what makes a person an ideal candidate for a hair inspiration for you?

Hair type? Color? relaxed/natural? Henna users? Oil users? What?

For me, it's hair type and regimen. All of my inspirations have what I consider healthy regimens that are close to mines. Most of my inspirations are relaxed but I have some natural ones too.

If you are strong (long term) bunner, baggier, and/or no heat user chances are I am stalking your behind like nothing else.:lol:

I also like rags to riches stories too. It intrigues me very much and is the number one reason of an inspiration.

What about you?

Ayeshia

good threads today! Would you have sent me a pm, if I didnt respond? :look: j/k...

Hmmm a good candiate for an inspiration would be:

My hair type...though that really doesnt matter

healthy hair obviously

has progress pics over the span of time that they were here.... I like to see long hair everywhere but I am the most amazed at seeing pics of transtioning hair from day one that they stopped relaxing, or someone who started off ear length and is now at WL, compared to someone who has always had long hair.

someone with significantly damaged hair and who now has an entirely new head of hair (JenniferMD has amazed me the most with that)

i really don't have an inspiration nor do i really have a length goal, i just wanted healthy hair, i wanted to learn how to acheive it and maintain it, i also like to have style options that don't require tons of heat (rollersets, braid outs, up do etc..) so i am prepaired for special occasions, i'm not a length chaser, i like to look at i what i deem healthy looking hair, appears soft, has body, natural sheen/luster not shine from oils and silicone, nice ends and shape

i tend to look at fotkis of people with a steady routine that's working for them, i also looks at those with tutorials for pincurling, roller setting etc..., i also like to watch people's progress especially those that hair has done a complete 180 degree turn, it nice to see the improvement

Miss_Jetsetter

lmao @ Eesh!

Anyhow, to answer the question, I LOVVVVVE thick, lush and long hair. That is what makes me have stars in my eyes!

nicki6

My ideal has to have a similar hair type/texture. She has documented her entire journey from very short and/or damaged to healthy, shiny, and THICK success. Her hair is not necessarily long, but its :love: to the eye.

She has her SIMPLE regimen down pat.

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

My inspirations are those with a similar hair type to mine, who have made it from short, damaged hair to healthy, bsl and beyond.

ChasingBliss

Definitely the rags to riches stories. I love it when I see someone come here with neck length damaged hair, then 2 or 3 years later, they are damnnear waist length, I literally get warm and fuzzy inside every time I look at their pics.

I also love to see hair pics where the person is showing their full length and it's long and full to the very ends, not thinning out. I'm noticing more and more that the rollersetting ladies have that fullness.

And finally, I admire the hell out of some of ladies who went natural. Especially those who have had to courage to do the big chop and start from scratch again. I feel that takes a lot of heart.

That's what inspires me.

guesswho

an ideal individual would be a similiar hair type to my own, before and after photos for inspiration and someone who has a detail regime to help, alot of beautiful hair ladies show us photos of there hair and don't tell us how to get there, alot of foklks have great hair and when you send them private messages they shot you down, with that said thank you pinkskates for answering all my questions:) you would be my inspiration,:)

Bint Yusef

1.Having their REAL hair, I dont aspire to weaves. example, like i wouldnt have a celeb hair idol, chances are its a weave.

2.Healthy and long.

2a.Similar hair type, would be ideal but most times if its a relaxed head you cant tell.

*Michelle*

guesswho said:
an ideal individual would be a similiar hair type to my own, before and after photos for inspiration and someone who has a detail regime to help, alot of beautiful hair ladies show us photos of there hair and don't tell us how to get there a lot of folks have great hair and when you send them private messages they shot you down, with that said thank you pinkskates for answering all my questions:) you would be my inspiration,:)
:eek: :confused:

Though I'm not a PJ, I do like to see detailed regimens and photos. Length is not necessarily a factor for me, but rather the health of the tresses. I am relaxed and there is lots of inspiration for me. With that said there are some natural heads here and I love their their hair. One in particular, has above shoulder, blingin' hair that I just think is SO bangin'...love it! Hair texture would be second reason to stalk:cool:

Last edited:

RubyWoo

nicki6 said:
My ideal has to have a similar hair type/texture. She has documented her entire journey from very short and/or damaged to healthy, shiny, and THICK success. Her hair is necessarily long, but its :love: to the eye.

c/s..this pretty much sums it up for me. I also appreciate a detailed regimen of what they do and the products they use. I feel inspired by those who were able to turn their hair around completely whether it's achieving thickness, length or overall health of the hair and are more than willing to share how they managed their hair throughout their hair journey. My reasoning is because I feel that I can relate to them with respect to my personal hair goals and where I started. It motivates me to keep going and continue healthy hair practices.

Last edited:

cutiebe2

they have to have my hair type and be natural...that way I can really invision their hair on my head :)

LocksOfLuV

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Definitely the rags to riches stories. I love it when I see someone come here with neck length damaged hair, then 2 or 3 years later, they are damnnear waist length, I literally get warm and fuzzy inside every time I look at their pics.

I also love to see hair pics where the person is showing their full length and it's long and full to the very ends, not thinning out. I'm noticing more and more that the rollersetting ladies have that fullness.

And finally, I admire the hell out of some of ladies who went natural. Especially those who have had to courage to do the big chop and start from scratch again. I feel that takes a lot of heart.

That's what inspires me.

Oh Gosh, BC to SL or APL makes my heart melt.

Ay, I checked your profile and I saw you reading and I thought she BETTER reply! J/k!:lachen:

LocksOfLuV

OnAHairQuest said:
1.Having their REAL hair, I dont aspire to weaves. example, like i wouldnt have a celeb hair idol, chances are its a weave.

2.Healthy and long.

2a.Similar hair type, would be ideal but most times if its a relaxed head you cant tell.

OMG, there is this weave n Reneices fotki. Now I don't care for weives, but it's my inspiration.:look:

LocksOfLuV

Naturellle said:
c/s..this pretty much sums it up for me. I also appreciate a detailed regimen of what they do and the products they use. I feel inspired by those who were able to turn their hair around completely whether it's achieving thickness, length or overall health of the hair and are more than willing to share how they managed their hair throughout their hair journey. My reasoning is because I feel that I can relate to them with respect to my personal hair goals and where I started. It motivates me to keep going and continue healthy hair practices.

Yes, I can feel this too. I LOVE the product section of a fotki and when they tell how they use it and the results. Man, I be in love.

Ambitious1013

Progress pictures from short to APL/BSL healthy hair really inspire me. I am also inspired by relaxed color treated healthy hair.

ChasingBliss

LocksOfLuV said:
Oh Gosh, BC to SL or APL makes my heart melt.

Ay, I checked your profile and I saw you reading and I thought she BETTER reply! J/k!:lachen:

:lol: Girl I am always reading your threads and even when I dont have anything to say, I am thoroughly enjoying them.

glamazon386

Ayeshia said:
has progress pics over the span of time that they were here.... I like to see long hair everywhere but I am the most amazed at seeing pics of transtioning hair from day one that they stopped relaxing, or someone who started off ear length and is now at WL, compared to someone who has always had long hair.

I agree with this. Now that I'm natural I like looking through people's albums who have a texture close to mine. I like seeing how their hair looked at different lengths and in different styles. As a relaxed head, I looked to those who had really bad damage and were able to turn it around. People who have always had long hair don't really phase me.

BlkOnyx488

I have not found one yet but this is what I am looking for in a candidate

Some with a simular story to mine, that got their hair to the length I want which is ultimately BSL. Lots of pictures along the journey. A proven hair care regime that worked and it has to be easy for me to imitate (sp) I don't like a lot steps LOL

I have seen a lot of beautiful heads of hair, and ladies who have incrediable stories to share. But I have not found anyone who started like me. with cronic short hair, bad breakage in some areas of my hair. And got to BSL. I hope I find some one like that, that I can use to help me along in my journey to BSL hair. Or maybe I can one day be an inspiration to someone else once I get to my goal!

This is a good thread

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Overall health and thickness. Length and styles are nice, but health is more important. Now that I'm natural, I try to look for people with similar hairtypes and read about their regimen and products to see if it may help me.

angellazette

LocksOfLuV said:
OMG, there is this weave n Reneices fotki. Now I don't care for weives, but it's my inspiration.:look:

That girl can do weaves like nobody's business!

My ideal is someone with healthy, thick hair. Anyone who had damaged hair and turned it around. Those that have different styles in their albums, gives me ideas. Products are nice but not necessary (since I'm content with the few I use), but after looking at a braidout/twistout with baby buttercreme I was in love! I might have to purchase that...

bablou00

Very thick, shiney, and full hair. I long for thickness and fullness and when I see someone even with SL hair have thick hair I'm all up in their fotki. Length can come later all though I strive for that I want health hair first. Also very black black black hair. I love it:D One more the thing the rags to riches story when their hair was so broke there was no hope now its lookin like something you can pull off the shelf at the wig store. Absolutely beautiful :lachen:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
My ideal hair inspiration has hair similiar to my type (curl size) and texture (fine, medium, coarse). I love to see people who have gone from damaged and/or short hair to healthy and/or long hair. Its more inspiring to see someone who has changed dramatically than someone who seems to have always had a decent head of hair. I like looking at relaxed hair, but my inspirations are curlies (texturized or natural). Oh, I love pictures so those with albums who update regularly (monthly/bimontly) are ideal as well.

Empress Yahudah

A canidate for a hair inspiration for me is someone in the 3-4 hair type area ..with long ,full, shiney,healthy hair...nice ends blunt or rounded, and has good hair growth over a certain period of time..and pictures documenting this,,and shares thier regimen and products

Last edited:

Sweet_Ambrosia

Hair that's healthy, thick and long, no matter what hair type it may be, no matter if it's natural or relaxed. If the person's hair type is similar to mine that's just an added bonus. :)

cheetarah1980

The first thing I look for to be inspired is health and thickness. I love thick hair regardless of the length. Hair type is also important to me as I like to see the potential my hair can have. Regimens and tutorials aren't a big deal to me because I like the products I use now. Of course the rags to riches stories are great to behold. It lets me see how proper care can make hair thrive. Being natural, I also like to see a variety of protective styles in their album so I can bite a couple when I'm in a style rut.

nikkivale

Ideally those with types close to mine, but what really stands out to me is a thick lush head of hair. A radical hair transition journey is not so important to me. I am also inspired by transitioners/naturals.

alexstin

LocksOfLuV said:
You don't have to name them (I would prefer you not), but what makes a person an ideal candidate for a hair inspiration for you?

Hair type? Color? relaxed/natural? Henna users? Oil users? What?

For me, it's hair type and regimen. All of my inspirations have what I consider healthy regimens that are close to mines. Most of my inspirations are relaxed but I have some natural ones too.

If you are strong (long term) bunner, baggier, and/or no heat user chances are I am stalking your behind like nothing else.:lol:

I also like rags to riches stories too. It intrigues me very much and is the number one reason of an inspiration.

What about you?

Hair like mine (4a) and relaxed heads. I admire many gorgeous heads of hair but am inspired by those whose hair is like mine.:)

GoldenBreeze

Pixel Lady said:
:eek: :confused:

Though I'm not a PJ, I do like to see detailed regimens and photos. Length is not necessarily a factor for me, but rather the health of the tresses. I am relaxed and there is lots of inspiration for me. With that said there are some natural heads here and I love their their hair. One in particular, has above shoulder, blingin' hair that I just think is SO bangin'...love it! Hair texture would be second reason to stalk:cool:

OT: Hey Pixel, we are almost neighbors. I live across the Causeway, close to the other University. :lol:

Back on topic... I like to view the great improvement albums, because they have worked so hard they deserve their props, even if silent. Natural long haired ladies probably get my attention most, because they are where I am going. To be honest I just enjoy viewing albums with healthy hair of any length.

Last edited: