Liquid or creamy leave in?

rwanda

Which do you all prefer a liquid or a creamy leave in on relaxed, and which one do you think is better for relaxed hair? I use fantasia IC liquid leave in, elasta qp H-Two liquid leave in, or NTM creamy leave in. When I use my creamy leave ins after washing my hair I apply hollywood carrot cream as my moisturizer and seal it with oil, my freshly washed hair would break some after applying these. Do you think this is too much heavy cream applications on freshly washed relaxed hair? Can the leave in act as both a moisturizer and a leave in? Please give your opinions on this.

miracle

I use both a creamy (Cantu Shea Butter Repair Leave In & New Era Platinum Shea Butter) and a liquid (Razac) leave-in everytime that I wash my hair. I think that layering my creamy leave-ins gives me better results, and I pretty much use Razac as the "setting agent" for my rollersets.

*ElleB

I tried NTM silk touch (liquidy) and it sucked....I used my Heavy cream as a leave in and liked that better.

kitchen_tician

My natural and relaxed hair likes liquid leave ins. I've always used Fantasia IC w/ Aloe leave-in, but it doesn't work as well on my natural hair. :ohwell:

Now, I'm using Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Leave in (liquid light protein). I really like it. I then use Qhemet Heavy Cream as a leave-in moisturizer, but if I was totally relaxed, I don't think I would use it, because it would be too heavy for my relaxed hair.

As far as your question, I think it depends how you like to wear your hair and how you want it to feel. It seems like all of those moisturizers could be too heavy, but it depends on your hair. It may work well for you. Also, sometimes the moisturizers can make the hair too soft and cause breakage.

KhandiB

I use creamy..
Liquids dont do squat for my hair by themselves...
I would easily use them for a set though.

HoneyDew

I use both.

I use a liquid - Fermodyl and then on top of that a creamy like Giovanni Direct, NTM Silk Touch or Lacio Lacio.

This keeps my hair moisturized for days!

wadadligyal

I use a creamy leave in (garnier fructis sleek n shine leave in conditioner)
My hair loves this stuff especially when I take down a rollerset and seal with some coconut oil, my curls stay soft and bouncy all day and given this florida heat and humidity my hair holds up all day.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I prefer a creamy leave-in: Rusk Sensories Smoother and NTM Silk Touch on occasion. Liquid leave-ins are ok to me, but only if they have great detangling properties.

Neroli

4b relaxed and prefers creamy leave ins (nexxus headdress, giovanni direct, salerm 21).

As another poster stated, one isn't necessarily better than the other, depends on what you (and your hair) likes.

It could be how much you're applying, a little less product may give better results.

HTH

Regards,
Neroli

sapphire74

I like liquid leave ins. The only leave-in I have ever used is Emergency 911. They came out with a creamy version, but I didn't get the same results as I did with the liquid.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
When it comes to leave-ins, I tend to reach for the creamy ones. Some that my hair love are lacio lacio, salerm21 & giovanni direct.

rwanda

Thanks ladies, it seems as though most of you use both the creamy and liquid, and some use the liquid as a setting agent for roller sets. Kitchen tician I think maybe I am using too much moisturizers on my hair and maybe I'm a little heavy handed with it. I'll try and cut back and little. I've also seen where some ladies let their hair air dry a little before applying their moisturizers and oils, I'm going to try that also.

Taya

I use MnT conditioner as leave-in while hair is semi- soaking wet w/ Surge #9 oil (great air dried in pony or as rollerset for soft and bouncy curls), just started keracare leave-in on semi-soaking wet,but have only used when airdrying hair in ponytail or bun,both leave-ins are creamy. I alternate between the two. I have used IC fantasia leave-in Recon w/o aloe as leave-in diluted w/water to do rollersets and it turned out good.
I've also used NTM silk-touch creamy leave-in,only as moisturizer on dry hair and seal w/ oil,bun it in a knot,then tie hair w/ satin scarf( after taking scarf off hair was like soft and silky).

Last edited:

MizaniMami

I use creamy leave-ins! They are the ish!

To the OP, why don't you try using a leave-in and sealing with some oil and that's it. If I use a moisturizer and all the others instead of just some leave-in and oil (after washing and dcing) my hair feels too heavy and not "clean."

queen_t

I use a creamy leave-in, Lacio Lacio. Everytime I go to NY, I pick up a couple of bottles! Keeps my hair light and bouncy, then I seal with Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil for some sheen.

CarLiTa

hey rwanda. I really think the culprit here is the carrot oil. I haven't heard much ppl who like it. i have it at home b/c my mom bought it, and i tried it and i was like what the heck is that?!!?!? :lol: i really don't think it does anything good.

the ORS olive oil is much better, in my opinion. i prefer creamy leave-in's, because they detangle, don't drip off, and smell good and it can be used as a moisturizing agent as well. I dont' really see that happening with a liquid leave-in, though. I only used Infusium 23 before and something else, which i cant remember.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I like creamy leave-ins. Most of the liquid ones I've tried were sprays and I sometimes miss spots.

LovelyLionessa

I looove creamy leave-ins. Post wash, I love to mix some Garnier Length & Strength with S-Curl in my hands and massage that in, and I also use Rusk Smoother too. On dry hair I use NTM Silk Touch and QB Alma & Olive Heavy cream. I don't use any liquidy leave-ins anymore unless the S-Curl counts as one. :confused:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I use both:

At night after my rinse or CO wash, I use Black N' Sassy Carribean Creme Leave-In (creamy) :love:

In the morning, I spray with half & half: water and Infusium 23 :love:

These two leave-ins are my staples. One thing I've learned from being a PJ was:

To stick with what I know best. ;)