Which Do You Like Best.. Creamy Or Liquid Leave-ins And Why?

Kinky4Agirl

I have a liquid leave-in..Aphogee, and I was thinking of getting a creamy leave- in instead. Which do you ladies like the best or use most often? Creamy or liquid spray leave-ins and why?

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Both. Creamy if I'm pre-pooing, going to be in the house all day, or if I'm getting under my steamer; creamy watered-down as a leave-in I spray on when I'm setting my hair.

AgeinATL

Both, layered on.
Every wash day, I spray on a liquid leave in, detangle/comb it through, apply creamy leave in, then comb it through. Hair is left soft and moisturized for at least 4-5 days.

This.

Liquids seem to penetrate my LP hair better but to get a comb through my hair and add additional moisture, I use a creamy leave-in. I could never detangle with a liquid leave-in.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I use creamy leave-ins that have a thin consistency. It's a 10, or the Sally's knock off Miracle 7 Silk.

My hair is relaxed and fine, so I only use one leave-in product.

Amarilles

Liquid leave-ins do about as much as water does for me, so in that case I stick to $0.00 water. :lol:

I do however like a lightweight consistency in my condish/leave-in, as heavy creams are hard to spread on my hair. I do like heavy stuff for my stylers, heavy gels or oils to weigh down the hair and compress it better.

toaster

Creamy. But light creams.

I'm natural, but I wear my hair semi straight via roller sets weekly. I use the it's a 10 leave in (it's creamy, but light enough to be in a spray bottle) and that's the only moisture my hair gets all week. Because my hair is semi straight, I find it doesn't get as dry as it did when my hair was in a twist out, so I just oil all week until wash day.

I like the idea of more moisture via a heavier cream, but I dislike the idea of longer dry time under the dryer, and my hair seems to be flourishing with a light cream leave in once a week.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
This.

Liquids seem to penetrate my LP hair better but to get a comb through my hair and add additional moisture, I use a creamy leave-in. I could never detangle with a liquid leave-in.

The liquid LIs I use (LRC & Mielle Organics), they're pretty slippy especially the LRC one.
I also like the APB Blueberry Cheesecake spray but it's only kinda slippy for me, nowhere near the other two.

AgeinATL

The liquid LIs I use (LRC & Mielle Organics), they're pretty slippy especially the LRC one.
I also like the APB Blueberry Cheesecake spray but it's only kinda slippy for me, nowhere near the other two.

REALLY?!?!? I am patiently waiting for Mielle to hit Sally Beauty Supply. Will scoop that leave-in up and give it a whirl, especially if I have to end up replacing the ST kink drink. I need to look into that LRC ya'll keep talking about. Thanks Riley!!

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
REALLY?!?!? I am patiently waiting for Mielle to hit Sally Beauty Supply. Will scoop that leave-in up and give it a whirl, especially if I have to end up replacing the ST kink drink. I need to look into that LRC ya'll keep talking about. Thanks Riley!!

Just an FYI, I think I remember you saying protein freaks your hair out.
The LRC has keratin protein and the Mielle has silk amino acids and a few other amino acids I can't name right now. I consider the Mielle to be a moisturizing leave in for me though. Both leave my hair really soft and not feeling protein-y at all but I also use a balance of moisture and protein products together all the time. Just wanted to give you a heads up (especially since LRC only posts key ingredients on their site).

AgeinATL

Just an FYI, I think I remember you saying protein freaks your hair out.
The LRC has keratin protein and the Mielle has silk amino acids and a few other amino acids I can't name right now. I consider the Mielle to be a moisturizing leave in for me though. Both leave my hair really soft and not feeling protein-y at all but I also use a balance of moisture and protein products together all the time. Just wanted to give you a heads up (especially since LRC only posts key ingredients on their site).

Thanks for this!! Yeah, I may have to pass. My hair is reeeaaalll finicky when it comes to protein.

Aggie

I use and like both.

Liquid when my hair is all plait up and I have no desire to unravel them, I simply spray it on, put on my wig and out the house I go.

Creamy is used when I have just washed my hair and I take my time puting it all through my hair all the way to the ends, add some butter and sometimes oil to seal, plait it up, wig it and done.

Hey each have their use and value in my hair's life.