LHCF on the Tyra Banks Show!!!!

Deja9

Bad idea to bring up on the tyra show. I agree with everyone that she is closed -minded sometimes and thinks she knows everything about black hair. I don't see anything positive coming out of it. Let's keep this our secret,okay?

glamazon386

There was another thread about this a while back. A poster here was writing a letter to Tyra and asked for our input. Needless to say, that thread didn't turn out so nice.

DeepBluSea

Ooo, Tyra don't know anything or want to know anything about healthy hair. I hate how she is always making fun of the girls on ANTM with the bad weaves. She is doing the same thing they are doing, but she likes to make them look foolish for gluing wigs to their heads. Her hair probably looks just as damaged without the weave she hides behind. She is a huge hypocrite!

Platinum

Bad idea to bring up on the tyra show. I agree with everyone that she is closed -minded sometimes and thinks she knows everything about black hair. I don't see anything positive coming out of it. Let's keep this our secret,okay?

Well said!:yep: Once again, I agree with this idea.

*SIDE NOTE: I don't like Tyra's show. She's too flaky!*

queen_t

I think those who are interested in growing long hair should seek out the information, just like we did.

didirose

Ooo, Tyra don't know anything or want to know anything about healthy hair. I hate how she is always making fun of the girls on ANTM with the bad weaves. She is doing the same thing they are doing, but she likes to make them look foolish for gluing wigs to their heads. Her hair probably looks just as damaged without the weave she hides behind. She is a huge hypocrite!

ITA, lhcf is already public and the numbers signing up will most likely grow and not reduce in number. Besides, website increase in value($$$$$) off the number of hits to its site, so any publicity would be good publicity for the owners. Although I disagree with the idea of using Tyra, I wish there was a show in the media dedicated to hair health; sort of like taking the advice from the youtube videos from our members or other boards and making it more mainstream or a small cable show.

I like the idea of bringing hair health to the masses but I disagree with Tyra, because of her negative attitudes toward hair. Oprah would be better, just because she wears a variety of looks and styles and would be more open to hearing about our achievements. However, we need to remember that Oprah, a woman with her own personal stylist for at least a decade, just grew a enough hair for a ponytail a couple of years back and proudly bragged about it! I was irritated by that show because she wanted to imply that for most black women it was darn near impossble to achieve shoulder length hair.:ohwell:

ladylibra

^^^that's cuz she was more concerned with keepin her hurr "lookin good" than keeping it healthy. not to say you can't have both but you get what i'm saying.

sorry for the outburst ladies, carry on :drunk:

Kurlee

ITA, lhcf is already public and the numbers signing up will most likely grow and not reduce in number. Besides, website increase in value($$$$$) off the number of hits to its site, so any publicity would be good publicity for the owners. Although I disagree with the idea of using Tyra, I wish there was a show in the media dedicated to hair health; sort of like taking the advice from the youtube videos from our members or other boards and making it more mainstream or a small cable show.

I like the idea of bringing hair health to the masses but I disagree with Tyra, because of her negative attitudes toward hair. Oprah would be better, just because she wears a variety of looks and styles and would be more open to hearing about our achievements. However, we need to remember that Oprah, a woman with her own personal stylist for at least a decade, just grew a enough hair for a ponytail a couple of years back and proudly bragged about it! I was irritated by that show because she wanted to imply that for most black women it was darn near impossble to achieve shoulder length hair.:ohwell:
the thing that annoyed me with that show is that when u see pics of oprah as a teenager, she had pretty long hair, so i dunno why all of a sudden she can't get a pony tail?:look:

Blaque*Angel

This website isn't private, you just have to pay to post. that said, y'all don't realize how much traffic this place gets do you?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/longhaircareforum.com

Every board has its crazies and this one is not exempt, trust.

If this place go ton the Tyra show sure it would mean a little more work for the Mods because people can be a little crazy sometimes.:look: But they run the board smoothly and I believe that they would be able to handle the bump in memberships should they come.

And even though there are some experimental methods on this board, they are open and public. What some ladies are forgetting is that you don't have to sign to see and read posts, and plenty of posts do end up in the search engines.

So vaginal cream, horse oil, whatever, its already in the public domain. So, if you don't want the world to see it, too late, they saw it already!

On the flipside of that, I think that there are some very solid methods that women(and men) could use on this board for healthier hair. Should this board get huge recognition, so be it because its a fantastic board.

-A

wow!!!!!
Ghana552337134
United States848,890
Canada53,172
United Kingdom68,292497851
India1356581,600

who would've thought?

runwaydream

Girl.........I thought you was about to say someone was from lhcf on the show or someone mentioned LHCF. :spinning:

Yeah that would be great, but to be honest, I dont know if I want them shouting out the board like that. not that I dont want LHCF to get props, but this place would become a madhouse with new members. I would definately like seeing a show where they talked about healthy hair care for black women with different hair types as well as talk about and even demonstrate some of the practices we do here.

i agree. good thing im not the only one that thought this. i kind of felt bad b/c i thought i was being selfish. but yea.. i like this board the way it is. i dont think i'd like it if a million more women came onto this site. *shudders at the thought*

runwaydream

Girl you had me thinking we was going to be on the show soon. I think its a great ideal but I wouldn't want all these extra people on the site either, I think the site will change dramatically. I don't think it would be as informative and I think there will be more problems. I kinda of feel like I won't be special anymore. This is my secret( I know it seems weird but I kinda of don't want every one to know) Don't get me wrong I want to help "some" people but not everyone. :look:

thank you! my sentiments exactly

LongiLox

Forgive me if I have any duplicate posts or ideas as I haven't read the whole thread. When I get back from church, I will read the whole thing. I am with you all on the lhcf being put out there on places like Tyra and Oprah. The site would be flooded with a bunch of ignorant people out there looking for that miracle product. We (black women with long hair) need that kind of exposure to dispel the myths but we (lhcf) don't need it. How about we write to Tyra and Oprah and tell them how we black women out here in cyberspace, who have done our research on how "our" hair grows, why it breaks off, AND have hair down our backs WITHOUT any mixed parentage, etc...how SICK AND TIRED we are of hearing phrases like (and I can't remember Tyra or Oprah's words verbatim, but I will do my best) their "growing up envying the girls with the ponytails and now I have my own and I am gonna wear it", "I need my weave", "I'm a black girl and "our" hair doesn't grow down our backs", etc, etc...

Instead of mentioning LHCF, how about we mention black women who have grown long hair and written books and have websites about how they did it, like Pamela Ferrell, Lonnice Brittenum Bonner, Cathy Howse, Robin from "Grow Afro Hair Long", and Carolyn Gray. I am not an avid Oprah or Tyra watcher but it seems to me that with all their "hair education" that they are always running off at the mouth about, industry exposure, and book clubs, that they would know about and mention these wonderful women (Carolyn, Cathy, Lonnice, etc) sometimes, and stop continuously BROADCASTING, literally, that black women's hair can't grow long, won't grow long, doesn't do this and that, can't get wet, the black woman has to wear a weave, etc. I am just so sick and tired of these types of comments coming from those two that I could just :barf. What do you all think?

This sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of leaving LHCF out of it. If people are truly interested in healthy, longer hair, they will found their way to this forum given the other information you mentioned above. If Oprah and Tyra start talking about this site specifically, we're going to get a lot of racist people coming on here and trying to start drama and discourage others.

LongiLox

Tyra has too much of a fixed opinion on Black hair, and she is highly opinionated. I would hate to see anything about this forum on her show. Let's keep our little secret here at home and amongst deserving friends and loved ones :ohwell:

Hmm mm, yes!

LongiLox

She would probably spin the show to make it look like the things going on on LHCF are really bad. Example "On today's show, black women who will do anything to get long hair like other races. Some are even resorting to putting monistat on their hair, taking hormones...." It will probably go something like that. She'll try to make us look weird and desparate just for the ratings.

BrooklynSouth

"You can lead a horse to water"......many come, want instant hair growth..spread a little hate over the web about the site when they do not have waist length in a few months...I like having people here who found it own their own; I found it, stuck around through ups and downs....drink fully, still..so can they!

NuMe2004

I wish Tyra would make a show of it because her weavalicious self acts like every black woman must wear a weave or have short hair just because she does.

She's always outing celebs on her show who wear weaves, so I wish she could get a panel of all black women, light and dark-skinned, who have naturally long hair.

NinasLongAmbition

She would probably spin the show to make it look like the things going on on LHCF are really bad. Example "On today's show, black women who will do anything to get long hair like other races. Some are even resorting to putting monistat on their hair, taking hormones...." It will probably go something like that. She'll try to make us look weird and desparate just for the ratings.
Omg! I didnt even think like that, but your soo right she probably would flip the script and make us look like we have some type of hair obsession disorder. lmao

ricochet

Omg! I didnt even think like that, but your soo right she probably would flip the script and make us look like we have some type of hair obsession disorder. lmao

Wow, you all have opened my eyes once again. I hear you, let's not do this at all. If anyone, whether black, white, bi-racial, thick haired, fine haired, thin haired, etc, women who are having hair issues and TRULY want to find a solution, they will seek the information out for themselves and find their way to lhcf. Peace and love ladies.

LongiLox

Wow, you all have opened my eyes once again. I hear you, let's not do this at all. If anyone, whether black, white, bi-racial, thick haired, fine haired, thin haired, etc, women who are having hair issues and TRULY want to find a solution, they will seek the information out for themselves and find their way to lhcf. Peace and love ladies.

There are ~131K+ people in India veiwing this site; they found it some how without Tyra having to tell them.