Ladies who braid

Spongie Bloom

Im in kinky twists at the moment as im transitioning however instead of braid spray i mixed up in a spray bottle two of my moisturisers with some infusium 23 and some water and a drop of evoo to spray on my scalp, is this ok or should i really get a proper braidspray???

Nonie

I believe you can use any moisturizer that works on your own hair on braids. The one thing I would warn you about is if it is too thick, be careful about applying it to the base of your braids. Unless you're redoing them frequently, there can be knotting due to product build up.

I'm one of those weirdos that uses nothing. But I know of people who used S Curl spray (One of my idols, Adrienne0914), and then there are people who just follow Robin's regimen on www.growafrohairlong.com Others just treat their hair in braids exactly as they do when it's out of braids, which is where your regimen may come in. I'm not a scalp oiling person, but if that works for you, then I say don't change it. Just be wary of product build-up.

Spongie Bloom

I am in twists and I just use braid spray, but I think in the crown and glory thread there are other ladies in braids and twists who make their own mix and are successful with it. Let me see if I can find that thread for you.

ETA: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=314861

Thanx so much for the link girl!

I believe you can use any moisturizer that works on your own hair on braids. The one thing I would warn you about is if it is too thick, be careful about applying it to the base of your braids. Unless you're redoing them frequently, there can be knotting due to product build up.

I'm one of those weirdos that uses nothing. But I know of people who used S Curl spray (One of my idols, Adrienne0914), and then there are people who just follow Robin's regimen on www.growafrohairlong.com Others just treat their hair in braids exactly as they do when it's out of braids, which is where your regimen may come in. I'm not a scalp oiling person, but if that works for you, then I say don't change it. Just be wary of product build-up.

I wash my hair every fortnight and re do the front and back and sides then as well but thanx ill probably dilute it some more just to be sure

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I use infusium moistulogie (sp?) with S-curl and VO5 conditioner mixed in seal with extra virgin coconut oil. My hair was previously dyed and has a tendency of being dry so I do this everynight and baggie. I wash and DC on Sundays. I have kinky twist that always come out no matter what. I get the edges done everyother week.

When I was in braids I cowashed everyother day and poo washed and DC on Sundays.

My hair was very soft and was full of moisture when I took out the braids. HTH