Best Moisturizer to Use with Braids

ak46

I've been wearing braids for several months now, but I'm worried that my hair isn't getting enough daily moisture. I currently spray my braids with Braid Spray & water mixed with infusium 23 leave-in & peppermint and rosemary essential oils. Do any of you ladies know what I should be putting in my braids on a daily basis to keep the moisture up?

Radianthealth

Without a doubt it is African Royale Braid Spray. It smells great and leaves your hair healthy and soft.

I used a form of the crowning glory method and sprayed my braids with this and Infusium 23.

www.growafrohairlong.com

My hair was very healthy when I took the braids down...except for my hairline, but that is a different story:cool:

sareca

I use African Pride and Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor, but I started mixing in a little Keracare Hairdress just to make me feel better.

Psi77

Try S-curl, Sta-So-Fro, Soft 'N' Free or any curl activator spray. This is what I am using with my braids at the moment.

rootdeep

I use African Pride Braid Spray and I have also been using ORS Olive Oil Moisterizer as well and my hair is LOVING IT! :D

ak46

Thank you ladies for your suggestions...they all sound very good. I'll give them a try.:)

cutiebe2

You could also try Jamaican Mango and Lime gro spray. It sooooo light but it still moisturizes. I tries S-curl on my last set of braids and I personally found it too heavy and sticky and so my braids didn't lok fresh for long. But some one did say that they dillute it which helps a lot.

Shimmerwink

carmella25 said:
I would recommend using or adding an activator plus glycerin to the products you currently have.

I am unaware of this, what does the glycerin and activator do for the hair.....? TIA