Ladies! I did my 'big chop' on youtube

godsflowerrr

Hey ladies! I finally did my big chop. I was gonna do it in december but I just couldn't wait. I just missed feeling my natural texture and I was getting tired of wearing rod sets and ponytails all of the time. It has only been a day.....My hubby is still 'adjusting' to the new style..lol:grin:
I get so bored with my hair sometimes and I can't seem to get a style and stick with it without getting bored. When I'm relaxed, I miss my natural hair and when I'm natural I miss my relaxed styles...go figure:spinning::rolleyes: btw this is my 2nd big chop...lol
Anyway.....here is the link to my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L1IsgXVcV4

God bless!

Amerie123

WOW... I can't believe it, but hey, you look very beautiful with both!! Keep it up girl, and thanks for letting us share your experience with you.

Saida

WOW!!, that was brave, I dont think I could have done that your hair was long too :yep:

great job though, you look beautiful :)

Blaque*Angel

i was tense watching your video,lol that was a MASSIVE chop.

you really suit the short look....

Way to grow gurl :yay:

gdivant

Your hair is beautiful! I like the color.

Thanks for sharing - I did flinch when you took that first cut. :)

Lynnerie

Thank you for posting this! I'm sure you are an inspiration to lots of women. And you look beautiful with short hair as well as long.

Nice & Wavy

Hey ladies! I finally did my big chop. I was gonna do it in december but I just couldn't wait. I just missed feeling my natural texture and I was getting tired of wearing rod sets and ponytails all of the time. It has only been a day.....My hubby is still 'adjusting' to the new style..lol:grin:
I get so bored with my hair sometimes and I can't seem to get a style and stick with it without getting bored. When I'm relaxed, I miss my natural hair and when I'm natural I miss my relaxed styles...go figure:spinning::rolleyes: btw this is my 2nd big chop...lol

God bless!

Girl, your hair is fierce and you are sooooo pretty! Thank you for creating such an informative video. It's so nice to see so many women going natural...it's a beautiful thing!

Blessings!

JuicesN'Berries

The way you conducted yourself in that video one would think you do the big chop everyday....you were sooo nonchalant! Anyway your hair looks great, congratulations!!!!!

Irresistible

I see why you werent afraid you look great with your big chop! your so brave! But like I said I can see why , its like you already KNEW the end result was going to be feirce :yep:

Neith

Wooooooow! I don't know if I have the balls to do that. I've BC'd with damaged hair, but not long, luscious hair.

It looks really cute! :yay:

You look a lot like my mama too, that was kinda weird, I never noticed before :lol:

Irresistible

Wooooooow! I don't know if I have the balls to do that. I've BC'd with damaged hair, but not long, luscious hair.

It looks really cute! :yay:

You look a lot like my mama too, that was kinda weird, I never noticed before :lol:

I know right , the cut hair was thick and healthy , I was like this :eek2:

BostonMaria

Even tho I was like this :perplexed:shocked::cry2:I completely understood why you did it. Plus you look like an expert at this whole hair thing. You've BC'd before and this should be a breeze for you. Keep us updated with your progress! Do you want to go back to BSL?

Whimsy

God bless!

UM OK u made me late for work cuz i actually sat here and watched this 10 minute big chop..... YOU LOOK EFFIN GORGEOUS GIRL!!!!!! Your hair looks fabulous and you look soooo happy with your cut.

CONGRATS ON YOUR BC!!!! and thanks for sharing it w/ us.

godsflowerrr

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement ladies!!! It made me feel great! I have been transitioning for about 4 1/2 months and I was sooooo ready to do the big chop.....I didn't even notice how 'emotionless' I was...lol.... I just knew that I wanted it gone. I'm just gonna make myself leave my hair alone now and just let it grow out natural.
thanks again ladies!!!! You guys are so encouraging!!!

SparklingFlame

WOW!!, that was brave, I dont think I could have done that your hair was long too :yep:

great job though, you look beautiful :)
Her hair was longer than that! :lol: This is her 2nd chop.

Sal.....girl you bought back some memories! I loved the vid and thanks for sharing! Your hair and you are beautiful!