Lacio Lacio with no MINK OIL?Can I add some?

Eisani

Eisani, if or when you decide to go, I would like to place an oder for a case of Lacio-Lacio, purdy plzzzz:blush3:

I'm working on a trip now w/my bff. I'm thinking the easiest way for me to get stuff back here is to ship to myself so I don't have to worry about it on the plane, although I will be taking one empty suitcase for good measure. I'll post something once the plans are finalized. If you can come up w/some Suave Milk & Honey, we can definitely negotiate!

JerriBlank

Did you buy it recently or was it a while ago? The website says they only have the 4oz bottle.
It was earlier this year:yep:

[QUOTEWhen I purchased from them,the first time I got a bottle with the mink oil.The next time,I ordered the 2 larger bottles and they were like watered down lotion(no mink oil).So the last time I ordered from them I specifically requested the formula w/ mink.When I got it,the lable listed the ingredients but it was not the original formula:ohwell:.I believe they poured the "new" version into the old bottle. ][/QUOTE]
:nono:
But now i dunno...That's not cool!

tenjoy

I think i said this before to someone forgot who....... but here is the lowdown

Lacio Lacio W/mink oil = Made for the Dominican Republic, made in the Dominican republic

Lacio Lacio w/o mink oil = Made for the USA

If you compare the 2 bottles, where the mannufacturing info is, the one sans mink oil says USA, the other doesn't.

The bottles are slightly different also, the Red Star symbol is located on the bottom for one and the left middle for the other.

There is def a difference, i stopped using it, Mink Oil makes it what it is and is the ONLY reason to justify the +/- $10 price.

I think the other alternative for mink oil is Sea buckthorn oil, its very expensive though, mink oil supposedly is close to our own sebum, and Sea buckthorn is the next best thing they say, but its hella expensive. Even better than macadamia nut oil. I wouldnt buy it though, too expensive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mink_oil

Last edited:

amber815

Ok I have the sad face now! I just ordered some and I know it's not gonna have the mink oil in it. I have ordered some SAA and some broccoli seed oil. Do you guys think that maybe that can hook me up with some shine?

TIA

gorgeoushair

I have the one with mink oil but I haven't noticed anything special about it. I might buy some macadamia oil.

gorgeoushair

Ok I have the sad face now! I just ordered some and I know it's not gonna have the mink oil in it. I have ordered some SAA and some broccoli seed oil. Do you guys think that maybe that can hook me up with some shine?

TIA

I know a member here(forgot her name) uses broccoli seed oil and it gives her shine so I'm thinking it'll work along with the SAA. BTW where did you get your broccoli seed oil?

amber815

I was able to just get a bottle of it. they had different sizes. hmm...it isn't coming up in the search...weird I JUST ordered it Monday....

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm working on a trip now w/my bff. I'm thinking the easiest way for me to get stuff back here is to ship to myself so I don't have to worry about it on the plane, although I will be taking one empty suitcase for good measure. I'll post something once the plans are finalized. If you can come up w/some Suave Milk & Honey, we can definitely negotiate!

:lachen:OK, I still have 2 1/2 bottles left, but I"m holding on to them for dear life. I'll be on the look out for you :grin:

queen_t

Please keep us posted.:grin:

Ok, so I received my order of macadamia oil from FNWL last friday and I added it to my spray bottle mixture (Lacio without mink oil , water, and about 2 tablespoons of Mac oil). Man!! I'm back in love!!!

It's a great substitute for the mink oil. I did a rollerset last night and the comb just slid through while I detangled. When I used the Lacio without the mink (by itself), detangling was a nightmare!

I think the mixture was actually better than the original Lacio. My results were light, bouncy, and moisturized. :love2:

I'm gonna have to order a bigger bottle. :look:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Queen T thanks for the update, I guess this will be my substitute as well lol, gotta love the ladies of LHCF.

starfish

Wow. I bought all my Dom products last year and didn't start using Lacio Lacio until about 2 months ago. I co wash daily, slather my hair in lacio lacio, JBCO, then put it in a wet bun.

Last month my stylist told me my hair is the softest it's ever been. I had no idea about the mink oil so I thought it was the JBCO, but it could be the lacio lacio!

Dang, I'll have to add some water to my bottle to make this bottle last.

I have some friends going to DR in August so I'll have to put my order in.

gorgeoushair

Ok, so I received my order of macadamia oil from FNWL last friday and I added it to my spray bottle mixture (Lacio without mink oil , water, and about 2 tablespoons of Mac oil). Man!! I'm back in love!!!

It's a great substitute for the mink oil. I did a rollerset last night and the comb just slid through while I detangled. When I used the Lacio without the mink (by itself), detangling was a nightmare!

I think the mixture was actually better than the original Lacio. My results were light, bouncy, and moisturized. :love2:

Thanks for the update:grin: Glad you had great results:grin:

queen_t

Yeah, this oil is the bomb. I used it to wrap my hair last night. I got some silky blingage when I took it down today! :)

Hair Peace

Yeah, this oil is the bomb. I used it to wrap my hair last night. I got some silky blingage when I took it down today! :)

I guess I need to order some too. Tried to find it at Whole Foods but they didn't carry it. I need it for my hair and the baby's hair too.

Hair Peace

Just ordered my macadamia nut oil...can't wait to get it! Hope it works for me too!

ETA: I put my borther on the case (He's NYPD) and he found 3 bottles of lacio WITH mink oil! I swear that man will do anything for his neice/goddaughter!

Last edited:

xcuzememiss

I deff. notice a difference. I was so excited to look on the bottle and see mink oil!!! im deff going to go back and buy some more!!! while its still there

ladylibra_30

Thanks for this review. I have 1 (almost gone) bottle of Lacio Lacio with Mink Oil and 1 brand new bottle w/o Mink Oil :sad:. I was wondering if I was going to like it...now I know to try the Macadamia Nut Oil if I don't.

I just hate when my favorite products are tampered with (for the worst and not for the better)!