Lace fronts for transitiong, hairgrowth ,protectiv styling and stretching!

Teja

Hey.......:)

Has anyone ever used lacefronts for any of the reasons mentioned above in the Title? I was thinking that under the lacefront our natural hair is in conrows or in a wrap anyway so should this not help for hairgrowth?

I am thinking about getting a lacefront since they are a little more versatile than weaves !
Has anyone had any type of expierence with lacefronts before do they give you breakage or damage your hair in anyway?

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Girl go to google and do a search on the longhaircareforum and lace fronts... you'll get a lot of hits!!

The real place to learn about maintenance and the in's and out's of LF's is BlackHairMedia.com they have an entire forum devoted to lace fronts.

I wear them while I'm growing out my BC and I just bobby pin them on, I don't touch the glue or tape. I love them and will always wear them because they allow me to workout and not worry about my hair when I go to work during the week :up:

Google Search

Last edited:

Teja

Girl go to google and do a search on the longhaircareforum and lace fronts... you'll get a lot of hits!!

The real place to learn about maintenance and the in's and out's of LF's is BlackHairMedia.com they have an entire forum devoted to lace fronts.

I wear them while I'm growing out my BC and I just bobby pin them on, I don't touch the glue or tape. I love them and will always wear them because they allow me to workout and not worry about my hair when I go to work during the week :up:

Google Search

Yeah thank's but I still wanted to know if anyone from this site has tried them for growth etc. I know blackhairmedia and I also know alot not all but alot of the ladies don't do anything else but use lacefronts!
I want to make sure this is not going to cause any damage to my hair or hinder my hair growth in any way but thank n e way :)!

Ms.Honey

Hi. You just want to be mindful of your hairline. I think the damage comes from removal, not the wearing. I've only tested out one of my frontals and I've found that the easiest way to remove the tape and glue (super tape and Vapon No Tape) was to use oil sheen. Spray it on, let it set for about 10-15 seconds, rub gently and it slides right off. I used African Pride???sorry can't remember the brand name but you know the one that sells the Black Cherry and Coconut oils sheens. I used the Black Cherry and had no problems with removal. You may also want to check out Ms.Lola vids on youtube. I love her.

Keedah

I currently wear mine for growth. My hair is in 5 braids pined downed and I remove my unit to moisturize and apply my BT every few days. I dont use adhesives either. I sewed 6 wig clips to the inside of my unit and they hold it secure.

ajacks

I currently wear mine for growth. My hair is in 5 braids pined downed and I remove my unit to moisturize and apply my BT every few days. I dont use adhesives either. I sewed 6 wig clips to the inside of my unit and they hold it secure.

Where do you get your LFs? Do you have pictures?

anniev2

I can comment on wearing a weave for transitioning and I think a lacefront is similar. Be mindful of those edges and the nape. Its so much more delicate than you think. I am suffering from breakage now because of it. If you can manage to transition without it its probably best. Now I have a head full of natural hair and its my first time touching it so I really don't know how it responds.

Weaves/Wigs ect. help you save face during the grow out and eliminating the BC, however in the long run you pay for it b/c i'm struggling to learn how to maneuver this 4b natural. If your natural curls are more lose you may be better off.

beautylove575

I have a few full lace wigs that I used when I first started growing my hair out. I have a big forehead so I just slide it down lower on my head so I don't have to worry about the glue in my hairline and edges. I don't glue the back down because it's very hard to avoid the nape.

Now the wigs don't fit as securely because I have more hair. Should I decide to get any others, I'll probably go for a larger cap size.

Gemini350z

I am contemplating wearing my full lace wig instead of the conventional weave to grow out my hair. But while wearing the lace front I noticed I get headaches, that is the only thing preventing me from wearing it.

Anyone have these issues? My pics are in my fotki-check my sig.

soulie

I am contemplating wearing my full lace wig instead of the conventional weave to grow out my hair. But while wearing the lace front I noticed I get headaches, that is the only thing preventing me from wearing it.

Anyone have these issues? My pics are in my fotki-check my sig.

Does the wig fit properly? If it is too tight, that could cause headaches. Another issue could be your choice of adhesive(s). Some are known to cause headaches.