Kinky Braiding Hair

Phoenix

Ladies,

What have your experiences been with kinky braiding hair (the kanekalon type)? I've used this type of hair once before for kinky twists and (it may just be my imagination) but it seemed like it caused a little damage to my hair. I've used the smooth type of kanekalon braiding hair several times for Senegalese twists with no damage.

I'm thinking that maybe the rough texture of the extension can be damaging to your hair. Also, it was like the extension & my hair almost became locked (maybe because they were both kinky) making the twists difficult to take out. I don't think I left them in too long...so I'm guessing it was the texture of the hair that did it.

I really want some kink twists for summer, but I'm scared. What do y'all think?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
yeah thats oe reason i am afraid to use it. it seems like it would easily get all tangled up in your own hair.

sareca

Phoenix said:
Ladies,

What have your experiences been with kinky braiding hair (the kanekalon type)? I've used this type of hair once before for kinky twists and (it may just be my imagination) but it seemed like it caused a little damage to my hair. I've used the smooth type of kanekalon braiding hair several times for Senegalese twists with no damage.

I'm thinking that maybe the rough texture of the extension can be damaging to your hair. Also, it was like the extension & my hair almost became locked (maybe because they were both kinky) making the twists difficult to take out. I don't think I left them in too long...so I'm guessing it was the texture of the hair that did it.

I really want some kink twists for summer, but I'm scared. What do y'all think?
I think you might be on to something. I was not as happy with the outcome of my last braids. I'd used kinky twist hair. I blamed the hair dye I'd but on it a few weeks before, but it could have been the kinky hair. I'm using regular ol' kanekalon this time.

freedom

That is interesting you say it broke your hair. I just put in some kinky twistwith 'puffy screw' hair. It looked rogh when I first got it but then I put braid spra on it and it was fine. Were you all spraying anything on your hair while it was braided? I am spraying african royal braid spray,mtg,sulfur,and infusiam 23( not all in one day). hopefully that will be enough to keep my hair moisturized.

Phoenix

freedom said:
That is interesting you say it broke your hair. I just put in some kinky twistwith 'puffy screw' hair. It looked rogh when I first got it but then I put braid spra on it and it was fine. Were you all spraying anything on your hair while it was braided? I am spraying african royal braid spray,mtg,sulfur,and infusiam 23( not all in one day). hopefully that will be enough to keep my hair moisturized.

I was using African Pride braid spray. Thanks for the input, Ladies. I think I'll leave the kinky hair alone.