Kimmaytube Hair Update!

... not to change the positive direction of this
here thread, but yes indeedy, Kimmay was
totally dogged out on this here forum, for the
very reasons you state above.

I, for one, love me some Kimmaytube lol

Heh, I've never seen her dogged out. Doesn't mean it didn't happen... but if it did, I wasn't aware of it and it doesn't seem like widespread hate to me.

She gives mostly good advice. No one is perfect though. I'm a subscriber, but that doesn't mean I agree with her 100% of the time :)

Heh, I've never seen her dogged out. Doesn't mean it didn't happen... but if it did, I wasn't aware of it and it doesn't seem like widespread hate to me.

She gives mostly good advice. No one is perfect though. I'm a subscriber, but that doesn't mean I agree with her 100% of the time :)

There you go! That's the point.

I haven't made the leave in recipe she talks about
only because it was about the time I had saved
enough money to try the Afro Detangler. The
Afro Detangler (or Taiykel or whatever the name is
lol) did the same transformation for my hair as
she describes in her video. My hair seems "calm",
for want of a better word, and my ends don't look
like little brooms when I twist them.

She turned me on to paying attention to pH balance
and other healthy hair practices. I take some
info from her and many of you right here. I feel so
blessed to have access to all of you and your help.

I think she's brought alot of knowledge to the natural hair care game, and for a newbie like myself, her advice has been so valuable. When my coins are right, I try to use her leave-in recipe on my daughters consistently. Has made a huge difference in their retention.

BUT....I do see how she might rub some folks the wrong way. She may mean nothing by it, but her tone can be a bit off-putting or "cold" to some people. Also, her stance on no longer allowing comments for her videos, while I understand the reasons for it, have kinda rubbed some the wrong way. I also remember watching one of her videos and she had a pretty negative attitude regarding hair forums and its members. She never mentioned which one, but considering LHCF is one of the most popular, maybe some folks also took offense to that as well.

How do you define hater? The term hater is so over used. Kimmay will not appeal to everyone and it has nothing to do with hating. Kimmay is not above reproach. Some people will question her methods and even disagree with her at times. She has nice hair and her methods work for her but there will be some people that her methods do not work for and that's fine. Sometimes her tone rubs people the wrong way, so what, some personalities clash. That doesn't make some one a hater. I am Kimmay neutral. I don't love her nor do I dislike her. I never seen her dogged on this site, but I have seen some people express their opinion on why she doesn't appeal to them.

From many of the negative comments I've heard about Kimmy, its been pure hateration. They don't disagree with her methods, think she's spouting lies, or have any evidence to the contrary. It's usually that they can't stand her voice, think she has an attitude, or is condescending. Kimmy goes through the same "acting/sounding white" stuff that a lot of black people go through. When you volunteer out of the blue that you don't like someone that you don't know based on something as simple as the person's voice or personality, that sounds like a hater to me.

If I'm laughing at a comedian and my husband gets jealous/irritated and goes "But his shoes look like crap," he sounds like a hater. It'd be different if he thought his jokes weren't funny.

Dispute the person's methods, not the person them self. They can't help who they are. IMO, a personality clash doesn't warrant the kind of backlash she gets, just like it wouldn't IRL or even on this forum. (I couldn't imagine a member not liking me for whatever reason and berating everything I posted simply because of my personality). Its fine for someone to say something doesn't work for them but attacking the other person's character is just unnecessary.

Not everyone is hating though, some people have legitimate disagreements, but those aren't in the majority that I've seen on other threads.

Last edited:
Who's dogging her in this thread? I didn't see that. Or are you just bringing that up just because?

I think I'm gonna have a hard time finding this Aloe vera juice here. I hope it's not expensive. :ohwell:
pookaloo83,
I didn't mention this thread. I mentioned in general. There are a few threads that reference Kimmay and anti-Kimmay folks come through. I dont' bring up anything "just because", I'm stating an observation that I have made..

Carry-on

pookaloo83 There was a thread about Kimmaytube in here before, almost recently in which she was dogged about because of her attitude and her knowledge was questionable. There are certaintly a ot of Kimmaytube haters on LHCF. Not in this thread though, YAY!

pookaloo83,
I didn't mention this thread. I mentioned in general. There are a few threads that reference Kimmay and anti-Kimmay folks come through. I dont' bring up anything "just because", I'm stating an observation that I have made..

Carry-on

Whatever chile. :lol: Don't see why you had to bring it up in this thread but Carry on...

How do you define hater? The term hater is so over used. Kimmay will not appeal to everyone and it has nothing to do with hating. Kimmay is not above reproach. Some people will question her methods and even disagree with her at times. She has nice hair and her methods work for her but there will be some people that her methods do not work for and that's fine. Sometimes her tone rubs people the wrong way, so what, some personalities clash. That doesn't make some one a hater. I am Kimmay neutral. I don't love her nor do I dislike her. I never seen her dogged on this site, but I have seen some people express their opinion on why she doesn't appeal to them.

I define a hater as someone who hates. That's simply it. Hate is a strong word and I'd rather people not do that to others simply because they don't agree with someone approach or attitude. I have seen her "dogged" on this site before even though you haven't but then again, my definition of "dogged" may be different than yours.

Whatever chile. :lol: Don't see why you had to bring it up in this thread but Carry on...
Well this thread is about Kimmaytube's hair update. Along with updates come comments and criticism. I believe this falls under comments. I think everyone has their right to comment relating to kim love herself since she is involved in the video, and to comment on her videos in general. We usually have something to say about what we've perceived and her comment seemed to make others aware that there is indeed evil kimmay haters here and I interpreted it as a warning. Don't be suprised if one wanders into the thread.

Well this thread is about Kimmaytube's hair update. Along with updates come comments and criticism. I believe this falls under comments. I think everyone has their right to comment relating to kim love herself since she is involved in the video, and to comment on her videos in general. We usually have something to say about what we've perceived and her comment seemed to make others aware that there is indeed evil kimmay haters here and I interpreted it as a warning. Don't be suprised if one wanders into the thread.

THANK YOU!!! You get a 'thanx' and a 'like' for that one :giggle:

*sigh* Let me get back to twisting my hair lol...

Last edited:
We usually have something to say about what we've perceived and her comment seemed to make others aware that there is indeed evil kimmay haters here and I interpreted it as a warning. Don't be suprised if one wanders into the thread.

Warn who? :lol: Why? I don't get it sorry! The comment just turned the thread upside down. I think this thread was a little too boring, so bringing up 'haters' would bring it some spice. But whatever. :lol:

She has Gorgeous hair and Amazing quick, growth. I find her videos helpful. Hopefully, I can have the same success on my hair journey.

I'm shocked she's straightening her hair too. She said she didn't want to risk heat damage now that she is writing a book and promoting her site and she has no purpose to straighten her hair. I'm really curious to see how it comes out

She also mentioned that she would straighten when she reached her goal of WL.

Oh wow. I didn't care for her attitude in few of her videos but I love her hair and her techniques. Her outfits are cute too.

???? Speak yo mind lol

naw gurl dont be afraid lol we all like debates
empty.gif

2319104t6o1vkj2dz.gif

nappystorm & SimplyBlessed

LOL. I knew this thread was started to congratulate Kimmay and inspire others, so I didn't want to bring in a negative tone. There are enough people on LHCF that come around being combative in every thread.

....but I digress! I posted my comments about Kimmay in post #86 here.

Back