I've got updates!

Last edited:
Thank you, ladies!

Thanks so much. I started with a stretch, some time in 2008. Just kept stretching that touch-up until it became a transition to natural without the BC. I trimmed my ends every other month or so. Last year, I went several months without trimming, and cut about 3 inches off the ends some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I thought I'd be done with the texlaxed ends then, but clearly I have some cutting to do still.
So FAB! I've decided to transition from texlax...Your hair seems to healthy! What did you do between stretches? I noticed your progress when you were doing the Indian powders. Are you still doing the powders? MissMasala5 what happened to your other videos?

Last edited:
Thank you for all of your kind comments and compliments, everyone!

So FAB! I've decided to transition from texlax...Your hair seems to healthy! What did you do between stretches?

Thank you. I did rollersets, wash & go's and twist-outs. Mostly the latter.

I noticed your progress when you were doing the Indian powders. Are you still doing the powders? MissMasala5 what happened to your other videos?

Yes, I still use the powders, mainly Brahmi. But I cut back to once per month.

Here's the link to my reposted Ayurvedic demo video: YouTube - Ayurvedic Hair Care Demo

I'm also going to upload the old rollerset video a little later.

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Is the Brahmi paste used prior to Henna/Indigo? How do you clarify? Do you DT prior to co-washing?

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Is the Brahmi paste used prior to Henna/Indigo? How do you clarify? Do you DT prior to co-washing?

I responded to your Q via your pm, but will repeat here that I have used the pastes prior to a henna, but that left my hair very dry. I skipped pastes and did some extra oiling prior to henna to combat the dryness. I DC afterwards as well.

I have used shikakai shampoo bars to clarify with very good results.

Back